Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

RCMK exhaust

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

RCMK exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 11:14 AM
philbullet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCMK exhaust

How do u get it tight?I have a wet header with the orings and gaskets and tighten up screws but u can still move the pipe up and down plus it's leaking.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:50 PM
BH_Trade

Default RE: RCMK exhaust

a pic worth 1000 words
Old 01-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Canadian LoCo

Hey Phil well if your pipe keeps sliding back and forth this meens you will need one of these.
http://www.gizmomotors.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=56

this will fix it all
Regards
Luc
Old 01-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I know what he's typing about! I've got 2 R-254's and they can be loose if you use the wrong O-rings. They seem to need firmer ones. The Teflon's may be a cure but I'd only use one on one side only then a brown or green on the other.
Yeah, I know it's not done as this was shot about 2 days after I got it home from the painters.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70940.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	1717332  
Old 01-23-2012, 05:08 PM
philbullet

iit's a evo 254 side exhaust,i used the o-ring that came with it,but it still loose at the header,i dont have sliding pipe yet.I am using a ruber coupler for now.
I cant get pic's right now offshore at work,sorry.I may contact gizmo
Old 01-23-2012, 05:10 PM
philbullet

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

I know what he's typing about! I've got 2 R-254's and they can be loose if you use the wrong O-rings. They seem to need firmer ones. The Teflon's may be a cure but I'd only use one on one side only then a brown or green on the other.
Yeah, I know it's not done as this was shot about 2 days after I got it home from the painters.
hey ron how fast does those out rigger's run with a stock motor?
Old 01-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Ron Olson

A lot faster than you'd think. I was still dialing it in when I put it away for the winter but surprisingly fast epsecially considering how heavy it is! I can't give you a MPH number as we never hit it with a gun or GPS'ed it. That motor is stock and it'll keep up with or pass my modded RCMK's.
It's sitting inside a JAE 'rigger BTW.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:21 AM
philbullet

Not much winter down here this year.77 degree's here yesterday.lol
if i get time this year i my route to a rigger,but iam about to start fishing bass tournament's next week.
How much faster are they complared to a cat. ?just a guest a ment,i know it's hard to say.
this thing are kind of different from what iam use too,bas boats>lol
Old 01-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Ron Olson

I used to own a Bass boat and did a lot of local tournies. A few times I had to compete against an unknown who just about anybody in bass fishing now knows his name, Kevin VanDam. He's a really nice guy but got to know his brother Randy better as he runs their business, D&R Sports where I bought a lot of my tackle.
Owning a mono, several Cat's and the 'rigger, it is a lot faster using basically the same equipment otherwise and not hard to drive and as with all of them, it's about the setup. I heard about handling issues with the JAE's but mine will run straight as an arrow with only my hand on the throttle. It runs great in rough water also as I found out on it's second time on the lake.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:45 AM
philbullet

Looking at pics on gizmo,i may have mounted it wrong,i thing i should have sandwich the o-ring to spacer to header,then 2nd 0-ring then pipe 90.BUt i think the screw hole wouldn't line up.
I cant go look till fri. because of this work thing get's in the way.LOL
Old 01-24-2012, 11:02 AM
philbullet

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

I used to own a Bass boat and did a lot of local tournies. A few times I had to compete against an unknown who just about anybody in bass fishing now knows his name, Kevin VanDam. He's a really nice guy but got to know his brother Randy better as he runs their business, D&R Sports where I bought a lot of my tackle.
Owning a mono, several Cat's and the 'rigger, it is a lot faster using basically the same equipment otherwise and not hard to drive and as with all of them, it's about the setup. I heard about handling issues with the JAE's but mine will run straight as an arrow with only my hand on the throttle. It runs great in rough water also as I found out on it's second time on the lake.
ya kevin comes down here and catched all our fish in La.,LOL I dont fish no pro tourny,dont have the time working 7 N 7 offshore,mostley club fishing and local tournament,but i have won one for $15000.00 grand a couple years ago,and had to pay taxes .I live near the area's and i fish those area u hear about,also i have a place on toledo bend,and fish lake sam rayburn Tx. sometimes.Love the comp.. It's hard to do what u love to do and play with r/c boat's at the same time,plus spend money on 2 other full size boats and work on a boat,LOL.
Any way i could go on and on.
question :how much are the JAE's riggers boat only?
and i love the set up on your,i know u have alot of $ in it. Do u have more pics of it?
Old 01-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Ron Olson

I really hate to get this thread OT but I've got a few more shots of it. The kit is from www.zippkits.com but if you don't want ot build it, Mike Walker will assemble them for you. He may be available through Joe's site also.
For size comparison, the fitst shot is with my little JAE .12 nitro boat and the other has my Rampage mono and AC Blast Cat flanking it.

Name:	Mk27147.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1718369   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg18023.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	1718370   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv56018.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	1718371  
Old 01-24-2012, 01:10 PM
philbullet

They look great,I can see why u don't tournament fish any more.That takes some time to keep up.
I have this 54" i built out of wood and then made a mold out of it,and pop 3 out of it (along time ago).this one wight 6 Lbs.,i will try to paint and get it going again for my sons to play with at the camp.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:03 PM
The Ghost

ORIGINAL: philbullet

How do u get it tight?I have a wet header with the orings and gaskets and tighten up screws but u can still move the pipe up and down plus it's leaking.
You don't. You will still be able to move them, but they should be firm to move. The leaking may be that you don't have the O rings in correctly. All the wet header mounts I have used use 2 O rings one either side of the flange.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF29YYSzXqI&feature=g-upl&context=G2b7dd6eAUAAAAAAAAAA[/youtube]

Cheers

Name:	Bz77072.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1721173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36670.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	1721174