Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Zenoah G26PUM Engine Care!! Any suggestions please!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Zenoah G26PUM Engine Care!! Any suggestions please!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 02:27 AM
zazza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zenoah G26PUM Engine Care!! Any suggestions please!

I like to be very clean in my boat and also on the enigine ....... was using like crazy WD40 but when discussing it with my LHS he said that I’m ruining the engine cause it's corrosive!!!

I nearly run every week and in between, after cleaning the engine, i have the habit of soaking the engine in WD40!!!
Stop it without fuel, a couple of spurts in the carb at WOT and a spurt through the plug hole. I crank it a couple of times, and put it away on the shelf, ready for the next run!!

Is this good practise or not??? Is there any other worth getting products I should use, which are mild on my pockets!!??
<o></o>

Old 03-07-2012, 02:47 AM
danielplace

Default RE: Zenoah G26PUM Engine Care!! Any suggestions please!

WD is a great water dispersant but not such a good two stroke engine lubricant. It's much more of a cleasing solvent also and will wash away all your neccasary two stroke oil film so every start will be almost like a dry start till enough fuel is burned to wash away the WD and get the two stroke lubricant in all the bearings and the bore, ring and piston.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:24 AM
zazza

That make sense ...danielplace  .so what should i be using???
Old 03-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Johnnysplits

I use CRC silicone spray. My engine is almost 6 years old and still looks new. I never sprayed anything in the carb or cyllinder after im done using it. I always leave fuel in the tank and carb. Sometimes the boat sits for months at a time between uses and she runs perfect.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

ORIGINAL: Johnnysplits

I use CRC silicone spray. My engine is almost 6 years old and still looks new. I never sprayed anything in the carb or cyllinder after im done using it. I always leave fuel in the tank and carb. Sometimes the boat sits for months at a time between uses and she runs perfect.
Do you use a fuel stabilizer in your fuel? If not, fuel can gum up and cause problems. I would empty the tank if your carb has a integral pump or, without a pump, run it dry to prevent clogging.

Zazza, what many nitro boaters use is Corrossion X. It's similar to WD-40 in many respects except it doesn't clean like WD-40 does. You can buy it in either an aerosol can for $16 or in a trigger spray bottle for around $9. What makes this product better still is you can use it to make your radio gear more water resistant in case of a crash that lets water into the radio box
Old 03-07-2012, 10:14 PM
danielplace

ORIGINAL: zazza

That make sense ...danielplace .so what should i be using???
Inside the engine should be only gas and oil mix if possible. Choking the carb while running a fast idle then killing it with a full choke should coat the engine with enough oil to protect it. If it has been dunked of coarse that is a different story and is best to run a full tank(or bag) or two full before putting it away. If unsure if you were able to run it long enough those days could call for the WD, Corrosion X or Rustoff pickling but normally just spray down the outside with those and flood the engine inside with fuel/oil mix the rest of the time.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:08 AM
Johnnysplits

ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

ORIGINAL: Johnnysplits

Do you use a fuel stabilizer in your fuel?

I don't run pump gas...I use sunoco race fuel.