Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

RCMK twin = 52cc's of rubbish

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

RCMK twin = 52cc's of rubbish

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 12:12 PM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: RCMK twin = 52cc's of rubbish

glad you got it going, i think you will love it once you get over the learning curves,
Old 03-27-2012, 08:51 PM
TheFridge189

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if you know, but Bonzi sports has now made and inline zenoah with 1 billet engine case, no coupler. Its a really nice engine. Not saying what you said is wrong, however this new true 2 cylinder engine looks much more promising then the older inline zenoahs did. No dealing with couplers and so on and so forth.

Me personally I have had bad luck with Rcmk engines as well. I ordered two inline k-600's for my apache, and the motors are a bit less then what I would have expected. The starter is quite bad, so I got two easy starts for the motors which helped, however now that I was able to have a fun day offshore with the twin k-600's, one of them has some technical internal problem, and the other I believe has some internal problem, I know the reason they aren't starting is not because of my own fault. Time to spend $156 shipping them overseas to Rcmk. For sport boating, at this juncture I would never even think to buy an Rcmk again, at least with the experience that I have had with them.

I have to admit though, for the 5ish hours that I have on the k-600 engines, they seemed quite alot more powerful then twin-inline zenoahs.
ORIGINAL: expresscraft

cant say i agree with that, would not debate whether it could be better or not, thats for someone smarter then me, but al has had 100S of hours of use without those kind of issues,this guy runs more then anyone i have evr known in 20 years of building boats for a living,the inline twin zen will cost you more in the long run, will never give the power of the rcmk and stay together,the joint will fail, over and over. the problem is you did not send it back when they would have made good on it,send it back and tekl them you want a new one. eat the shipping.we made zen couplars, and there is no comparison,this is not theory, this is straight advice from someone who sells neither item. its just good sound info.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:54 PM
HOOTERS racing

have you and pics of this new engine

cheers

[quote]ORIGINAL: TheFridge189

I don't know if you know, but Bonzi sports has now made and inline zenoah with 1 billet engine case, no coupler. Its a really nice engine. Not saying what you said is wrong, however this new true 2 cylinder engine looks much more promising then the older inline zenoahs did. No dealing with couplers and so on and so forth.

Me personally I have had bad luck with Rcmk engines as well. I ordered two inline k-600's for my apache, and the motors are a bit less then what I would have expected. The starter is quite bad, so I got two easy starts for the motors which helped, however now that I was able to have a fun day offshore with the twin k-600's, one of them has some technical internal problem, and the other I believe has some internal problem, I know the reason they aren't starting is not because of my own fault. Time to spend $156 shipping them overseas to Rcmk. For sport boating, at this juncture I would never even think to buy an Rcmk again, at least with the experience that I have had with them.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:20 AM
danielplace

Their site only seems to have the long coupled twins.

http://www.bonzisports.com/zenoah/inline
Old 03-28-2012, 09:42 AM
TheFridge189

ORIGINAL: danielplace

Their site only seems to have the long coupled twins.

http://www.bonzisports.com/zenoah/inline
I had a picture of it in an email, however i guess i deleted it. I bet if you sent dan hoffman an email about he would send you a picture.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:09 PM
expresscraft

unless it has a one piece twin crank, its not on the same level as the 520, in anyway shape or form,it was not that long ago if you bought a nitro motor you just knew you had to go through it, this info is out there on the 520. where have all the hobby guys gone? if you cant do it. pay someone who can, to build your boat, simple.the inline zenohas pictured on your link are 900+ dollars, a ez start is 40.00 a 520 is 640.00 and most can be gone through for around 150.00, when its done there is no comparison, 1 peice crank, one fly wheel, more compact, way more power.you cant buy a 520 for a little boat, so once you decide to go big you cant cry poor mouth either,im not saying this to call anyone out, im saying this to make a point a veiw for anyone reading this post, give some thought before you get in over your head.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:16 PM
mistycreekboats
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And why exactly SHOULD you have to buy a starter and PAY someone to go through a NEW motor - however you look at it - if you buy a 520 or 600 it should be ready to run PERIOD. 

I didn't go buy a new Honda then have to pay to have a BRAND NEW piece taken apart and checked.. 

If I have to pay to have NEW checked out I will pass as it obvious the R&D and QC are very low in that product - whatever the product.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:45 AM
TheFridge189

Good point. Even if you do argue that getting the rcmk is still cheaper then inline zens, your still spending $600 on a TOY motor. You could buy a real car used motor for that much. If im paying $600 for a 2-stroke motor for a toy boat, i want it perfect. Its too much to spend on a toy and not have it work. All 5 of the inline zenoahs i have purchased have been perfect.
Like i said earlier, overall i havnt had a good expeirence with rcmk.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:03 AM
expresscraft

if honda made it it would be awesome, but you would not want to pay the price, they would have to charge to make a few hundred motors, so its not a fair comparison, we made the same couplars 10 years ago, that bonzi is making they work, but make no mistake, they are not the rcmk 520, and even zenoha does not make a motor for model boats to a point, they simply modify a weedeater moter that they make in the 1000's to fit our market, all im getting at is its not right to throw stones at one of the very few manufactures that even put us on the map. as far as buying new parts for a new engine,that's the way it is, all over the hobby. heli kits, rc car kits, motors anything, its a hobby.get over it.you guys are not talking about stock zenoha boats, your talking about top of the food chain.maybe it should say for the advanced modeler on the package,then it would eliminate most of the problems, the 520 today is a great motor.but its not for everyone.and thats probably a good thing.its easy to be perfect at 50 mph, at 80 things change.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:36 AM
danielplace

All engines need to be thoroughly gone through IMO. Cleaned, inspected carefully and reassembled with plenty of two stroke lube in everything.

These are high performance engines and like most there are some things you might need to know and understand and maybe even correct. It is what it is.

Check out CMB's disclaimer. Even with obviuos defects it can be difficult to determine whether operator error or defective parts are to blame once it is run.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:49 AM
mistycreekboats

Tom
 Guess u don't get the point ..... When my wife bought a new vehicle (happened to be Honda but could be Chev or Ford) the POINT IS - it did not have to have a new starter installed and the motor did not have to be taken apart before we even used it. No one is talking about Honda making a 2 stroke. 

When I buy AC boats (for instance) I don't need to paint it, or finish seems or anything it's a FINISHED Ready to Sell product .  RCMK has done some things yes - what exactly is the new Zenoah 28.5 a weed eater ????  What is QD's new Pioneer line weed eater??

How many people have gripped about RCMK and jow many people have had issues. I'm no dummy and have been building my own engines for a while and am very capable of reading what people say.  Not really sure why you think a NEW piece that has obvious problems is OK because RCMK is improving the hobby.

Give me a break RCMK is lining their pockets with cash from people who for some reason buy this line of BS.  He didn't even bother fixing many issues unless you made noise or were part of "the RCMK family" - 

Would you go to  Sears and buy a new mower but wait a few weeks while replacement starter shows because yours broke first pull, and then send to back (at your cost) to see if maybe they will fix it. when engine seized ???????  But wait Sears is improving their mowers so thats ok ....

Ok Tom your turn - tell me why again I should buy products unfinished with a crappy history, no QC, faulty parts KNOWING INSTALLED WITH FAULT AT FACTORY

One of problems with today is accepting second rate crap as ok  sorry not my way.  I want what I pay for
Old 03-29-2012, 02:33 PM
expresscraft

i really see this turning into something its not, i dont finish my seams because most people that are hobbiest can handle the seam work, we offer to do the seam work and paint the boat for 150.00 then it would be finished, nobody wants to pay,sears is probably going out of business, so thats another bad example, i agree they could be better,but you dont see quickdraw selling twins for 640.00 either, and i notice you dont have any of them, matter of fact im surprised you have a real ac boat and not a copy.the photos i have seen of your boats where verns cheap copies of mine.in the end it really does not matter to me whos stuff people buy or dont, i only posted on this thread to keep the guy from giving up on a great motor.what people do with there toy boat or who they buy them from, does not mean much to me. my boats are all over the web, mostly with happy customers,beleive me im not lining my pockets with money, and just so you know RCMK pays his bills making sewing machines, this is just a hobby to him.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:13 PM
mistycreekboats

Just Tom how the H... would you know what I have ............. and seeing as Andy is a friend of mine and lives neaarby I use REAL AC which seeing as YOU brought it up AC Boats are READY to use ........are yours ???

How does your gelcoat compare to AC ................. Lol

and from the words you use .... THE ONLY REASON YOU POST IS TO TRY AND SELL PERIOD...........................

SO TELL US SOME MORE WHOO IS ME STUFF HOW POOR U ARE AND DO THIS JUST FOR US

You know I actually thought you were getting better ........... but your TRUE personality shines though

What a joke maybe go to night school and learn a little grammer and proper english...

Oh and Vern;s story is (which I believe) is HE HAD THE MOLDS FIRST ......... who copied who Tom ............ Maybe Vern and Andy can give you some Gelcoat lessons I've seen their and yours ...........Lol

go snif some more fumes ...................... oh whoo is me

I have never been booted from RC sites for BS how about u Tom
Old 03-29-2012, 05:52 PM
expresscraft

my magizine ads on my boats go back years before vern even started making boats, this is simple, my stuff is being enjoyed all over the world, and has been for 20 years,i do try to sell stuff its what i do for a living, nothing to hide from there, but rcmk is not anything i make any money off of. so in this case my post was simply to help, the only thing i see you bringing to the table is hot air, they dont throw people off for that, ac boats gel coat is great, nothing for you to take credit for. i make 45 different boats, some have great gel coat finishes some not so much, but the guys who buy them from me hear it from me before they buy it, i dont have issues with my customers, only those that speculate, you know, like you. how many qd pioneers have you owned? how many rcmk 520? my boats on quickdraws site. i dont have to run my mouth, my boats are every where, and you.WELL who are you? i know you stir the pot on all the boat sites, dont they have a term for guys like you? o well he got his motor running thats all that matters on this thread, you can have the last word.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Boss 330

I'm with Daniel, My money's on it being flooded.I struggled throughsome problems at first. I have three twins They start on the first or second pull with a standard starter. Here's a vid of my oldest. It had about twenty hours on it when I added a set of modded big bore cyl. That same engine has over 40 hours on the bottom end. There is nothing you can buy for $600 in model boating that offers the performance or reliability.

This is the first to run in the US. Same bottom end in the vids below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRYor...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBQ8iZMUI5M

Here's a vid of the same boat carrying two pounds of ballast to keep it on the water in the big wind. 26 pounds total.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8ek93nBnzQ

Old 03-30-2012, 02:59 AM
MATHO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

interesting thread here......I only have 1 question:
why do you not see the difference between Hobby and Toy???

My opinion: toy is something plastic junk, bought for 1time usage and bought to satisfy children.
Hobby is a long time fun.... and this will definitely cost a bit more $$ and time.....
Old 03-30-2012, 03:23 AM
wichers00

ORIGINAL: mistycreekboats

Tom
Guess u don't get the point ..... When my wife bought a new vehicle (happened to be Honda but could be Chev or Ford) the POINT IS - it did not have to have a new starter installed and the motor did not have to be taken apart before we even used it. No one is talking about Honda making a 2 stroke.

When I buy AC boats (for instance) I don't need to paint it, or finish seems oranything it's a FINISHED Ready to Sell product . RCMK has done some things yes - what exactly is the new Zenoah 28.5 a weed eater ???? What is QD's new Pioneer line weed eater??

How many people have gripped about RCMK and jow many people have had issues. I'm no dummy and have been building my own engines for a while and am very capable of reading what people say. Not really sure why you think a NEW piece that has obvious problems is OK because RCMK is improving the hobby.

Give me a break RCMK is lining their pockets with cash from people who for some reason buy this line of BS.He didn't even bother fixing many issues unless you made noise or were part of "the RCMK family" -

Would you go to Sears and buy a new mower but wait a few weeks while replacement starter shows because yours broke first pull, and then send to back (at your cost) to see if maybe they will fix it. when engine seized ??????? But wait Sears is improving their mowers so thats ok ....

Ok Tom your turn - tell me why again I should buy products unfinished with a crappy history, no QC, faulty parts KNOWING INSTALLED WITH FAULT AT FACTORY

One of problems with today is accepting second rate crap as ok sorry not my way. I want what I pay for m
you know ive read this whole thread and i have to say why even post if you have nothing to say about helping this person out other than slamming the part. rcmk products are indeed having some small issues we all see it its not like its being covered up. sooo if you dont like the issues because you cant handle changing a pull start then dont buy it. also how can you compair a zehoah $230ish, a rcmk $250ish, and qd $1000ish engine. all fit and finish will be different. i just love how everyone compairs these engines to each other but in all reality they are all specialized engines for perticular jobs.

so stop slamming tom for trying to help the dude out in HIS problem and go rant in the rcmk thread about how much YOU hate rcmk products. because if had this post i would be slamming you for not even posting something helpful.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:01 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MATHO

interesting thread here......I only have 1 question:
why do you not see the difference between Hobby and Toy???

My opinion: toy is something plastic junk, bought for 1time usage and bought to satisfy children.
Hobby is a long time fun.... and this will definitely cost a bit more $$ and time.....
HUH why are you aiming that question at me youve totally lost me?.
Mart
Old 03-30-2012, 06:38 AM
wetsleeves

If you dont like a product then dont buy it.
You cant compare a Honda A billion dollar company to a small company who are producing $300 to $600 engines. So what is you have to spend that extra $35 on a EZ pullstart. Its great that some one(RCMK) have decided to produce new engines and give people more options in what they want to run. There are always going to be teething problems on new items, so instead of people putting RCMK down, maybe we should be trying to help and improve what they are producing.
We need these companies that can produce a product for a reasonable price, giving us a variety of different brand motors, and let us the consumer pick what we want to run. At least then we have a few different engines on the market.
There are plenty of boat out there running these motors with great success.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:21 PM
expresscraft

from what i understand, you can also now get the rcmk's without a pullstart.so that lets you go with a ez start, or a pully with a hand held electric starter,so thats cool.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:17 PM
The Ghost

ORIGINAL: jocool

Back again. Guess what. IT RUNS. A friend turned up a couple of coils which I have tried. I also took heed of the advice for the Ezy Start. I sandpapered all connections and put it all back together. IT RUNS. I have a miss on the front cylinder, but I have not got anywhere near tuning the carbies yet. Using the Ezy start I have a lot more spins per pull and a lot faster than the stock RCMK starter. I put the old coils back on and IT RUNS. I now believe that it is a combination of weaker spark and not being able to get enough spins quick enough with the stock starter. Also much easier on the shoulders. I ran it yesterday, and when I got up today went to make sure that it was not a fluke. IT RAN again. Need to tune the carbs now and put it in the boat (a scratch built 1/3rd scale round nose hydro 1.65m long and 13kgs). At this stage all thoughts of sale are on the backburner, thanks to the guys who offered to purchase. Now smiling a bit.
I have read the whole thread and people still knock the RCMK product. The twin is a new product to a lot of people and will have problems with them. I am glad that the problem was fixed, bad conections. I have seen these engines run and they are a great engine with plenty of power and are reliable. I remember when gas turbines came out and people bagging them because the people that bought them did not know how to use them, the manafactures that made them, improved them over time to what we have today, Plug and play turbines. I know I had one of them early turbines.

Cheers
Old 03-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Boss 330

ORIGINAL: wichers00

ORIGINAL: mistycreekboats

Tom

When I buy AC boats (for instance) I don't need to paint it, or finish seems oranything it's a FINISHED Ready to Sell product . RCMK has done some things yes - what exactly is the new Zenoah 28.5 a weed eater ???? What is QD's new Pioneer line weed eater??

How many people have gripped about RCMK and jow many people have had issues. I'm no dummy and have been building my own engines for a while and am very capable of reading what people say. Not really sure why you think a NEW piece that has obvious problems is OK because RCMK is improving the hobby.

Give me a break RCMK is lining their pockets with cash from people who for some reason buy this line of BS.He didn't even bother fixing many issues unless you made noise or were part of "the RCMK family" -

Would you go to Sears and buy a new mower but wait a few weeks while replacement starter shows because yours broke first pull, and then send to back (at your cost) to see if maybe they will fix it. when engine seized ??????? But wait Sears is improving their mowers so thats ok ....

One of problems with today is accepting second rate crap as ok sorry not my way. I want what I pay for m
you know ive read this whole thread and i have to say why even post if you have nothing to say about helping this person out other than slamming the part. rcmk products are indeed having some small issues we all see it its not like its being covered up. sooo if you dont like the issues because you cant handle changing a pull start then dont buy it. also how can you compair a zehoah $230ish, a rcmk $250ish, and qd $1000ish engine. all fit and finish will be different. i just love how everyone compairs these engines to each other but in all reality they are all specialized engines for perticular jobs.

so stop slamming tom for trying to help the dude out in HIS problem and go rant in the rcmk thread about how much YOU hate rcmk products. because if had this post i would be slamming you for not even posting something helpful.

That's Randys MO. 500 words spent slamming, arguing stirring the potand not a SINGLE word in an effort help the original poster.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:08 PM
mistycreekboats

Really and what exactly does your post and wetsleves post .......... except slamming me

Get a life =   Tom likes his buddies to chime in - like u

Another 'legend in his own mind" was waiting for your 2 cents ......... seeing as You and Tom don't know anything about me why don't you stick to what u do best ............whatever that it  come up north and speak ur mind - I'll give u a step stool so we can speak face to face

small minds for small people
Old 03-30-2012, 04:44 PM
wetsleeves

Hey im not slamming anyone, im just saying we should help get behind companies that are trying to improve our hobby. Its nothing personal Randy (mistycreekboats) hope I got the name right. New products will always have teething problems. When I purchase a product I to expect it to run flawlessly, but I know the starters are a problem so I bought a EZ starter. Now if I was paying top dollar for a high end motor then I should have no problem at all.
Talking about turbines, I have a mystic cat that one of the turbines had to be sent back to Jetcat in Germany for repair after about 3 starts. (total run time about 10 minutes) it was fixed and sent back to me. I know its frustrating when products you purchase have teething issues but hey, thats something we have to put up with.

SO im just saying we should get behind companies that are trying to improve our hobby.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:09 PM
expresscraft

see there you go again,Randy,i was fine just moving on. but your a trouble maker, plain and simple. i had nothing to do with these post after mine. i dont even see where wet sleeves slammed you, he just said what common sense says. if you dont like it dont buy it, i took it as a general point a view. nothing about you, now REALLY, whos the legend in there own mind? i make model boats for a living, nothing legendary about fiberglass work,im sorry if me working for a living and being proud of what i do, is offensive to you, maybe you should take your own advice, and get yourself a life, mines fine, thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.