Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Bay Area Boat painter?

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Bay Area Boat painter?

Old 05-01-2012, 02:43 PM
TheFridge189

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bay Area Boat painter?

Looking for someone/ a company that paints or Air Brushes things like Rc boats. I want to get my 72inch boat painted. I live in the Bay area near San Francisco. I havn't had much luck finding someone. I don't want toshipthe boat.
Thanks
Old 05-01-2012, 02:58 PM
cheesewizz69

Default RE: Bay Area Boat painter?

If you don't want to ship your boat then you will be limited by location. Try searching for custom bike shops and ask them if they are willing to take on the project or if they can recomend an airbrush artist in the area.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:07 PM
TheFridge189

Thats what I have been doing. I have one person who say's he can do it, it's just it would be nice if anyone knew a dedicated painter for Rc.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:13 PM
cheesewizz69

If you change your mind about shipping;

Douglas in FL and Steve in IN do some very nice work. You can search on Jim's Boat Dock for some picturesof the work they have done.

SteveMiles- PRO PAINTER in Evansville IN
Douglas Harrell - dougspaint in Rockledge FL
Old 05-01-2012, 03:46 PM
stevo7896

If you ever make your way towards Fresno theres a place called cycle art that that does custom paint on bikes and rc anything. He also has a store front that sells rc cars. His number is 559 - 233-5234. Im sure if you look at smaller custom shops you can find someone local.A lot of those guys do smaller jobs like painting helmets.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Some auto body or restoration shops might do it as well. I found a shop in my area that will paint almost anything I want to bring them as long as they've got space in the paint booth
Old 05-01-2012, 07:25 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

expect to get what you pay for. locally..... it's outraegeous out there, if you want something done to work with your budget,and make you go WOWWW... chk out Pro Paintr in Ind. sure shipping bites, but what you get in return will NOT disappoint you... my 2 cents... MPB
Old 05-05-2012, 05:57 AM
PRO PAINTER

ORIGINAL: TheFridge189

Looking for someone/ a company that paints or Air Brushes things like Rc boats. I want to get my 72inch boat painted. I live in the Bay area near San Francisco. I havn't had much luck finding someone. I don't want toshipthe boat.
Thanks
Check out my website in the watercraft section. While I do custom paint on bikes, hot rods, race cars, helmets, etc, RC BOATS have been my specialty for the last three years, and I think it's pretty safe to say that my passion for boat paint/design is second to none. Please feel free to see some examples of my work, www.theairbrushalley.com Shipping may not be quite as bad as you think as well. If you like what you see, PM me your address, and I'll get you a quote for shipping through my personal Fedex and/or UPS business account. Or feel free to call 270-570-4442

Steve Miles
Airbrush Alley
Old 05-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Scott Schneider

Come to our NEXT District 9 heat race in Fremont June 2-3 ... have a few guys who race with us who are custom painters and others know of other local painters that also can do R/C boats.