Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

RCMK steerable stern drive

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

RCMK steerable stern drive

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 06:37 AM
specialk1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RCMK steerable stern drive

I was just wondering do they still make the RCMK steerable stern drive . or is there another company that make something similar. I have a hull that is 39' / 14' wide with a OS 46 inboard that had a home made Anderson drive . unfortunately it fell apart . so looking for something to work . hope you guys can help
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25367.jpg
Views:	2037
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1770019  
Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: RCMK steerable stern drive

Are you looking for the RCM Stern Drive or the RCMK Arneson Drive - picture you show is an RCMK Arneson Drive - last I heard they are still in production. The stern drives are out of production.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:24 AM
HendricX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you make a picture of those home-made Arnesson parts ?

Maybe I can fix it.

Cheap option .. buy a Speedmaster rudder and strut , an find someone to TIGweld it together.

Other options are one of Werner's scale-drives > [link=http://www.wd200-modellbau.de/?Antriebe%2FDrives]L I N K [/link]
Old 06-07-2012, 09:52 AM
specialk1

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

Are you looking for the RCM Stern Drive or the RCMK Arneson Drive - picture you show is an RCMK Arneson Drive - last I heard they are still in production. The stern drives are out of production.
I was looking for the anderson drive I looked on their website today and did not show if you were available anymore . that's why I was trying to look around and see what other companies made them , I remember rcmk had some legal issues with mh$ . on their stern drives .
Old 06-07-2012, 09:54 AM
specialk1

ORIGINAL: HendricX

Maybe I can fix it.

Cheap option .. buy a Speedmaster rudder and strut , an find someone to TIGweld it together.

Other options are one of Werner's scale-drives > [link=http://www.wd200-modellbau.de/?Antriebe%2FDrives]L I N K [/link]
when I get home I'll post up some pictures of the boat and the anderson drive that I have
Old 06-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Mario Giordano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello guys, i also want to know something about these, those i mounted on my 84 apache i took them from the actual owner of the cigarette amg (57 apache), but nowhere to find it on the web. Matt, you say that are still in production, where did you see them? everyone who sees my boat, ask me about the arneson drives. I don't know why is to difficult to find them, to many people are interested on these drives.

Regards
Old 06-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Justaddwata

Mario - Last word I heard Mr Park @ RCMK was promoting the life out of the Arneson on Jims. I would drop Mr Park an e-mail - http://www.rcmk.com he runs the show there and should be able to provide some answers for you!
Old 06-08-2012, 02:29 AM
Mario Giordano

Ok, thank you very much Matt, this also should help secialk1, like some guys i know, they are looking some news about this drives.
Let me tell you something, i took them from filippo 8 months ago, but he had bought them more than a year ago, so i think this is a very rare situation, right?
Old 06-08-2012, 07:11 AM
specialk1

this is a prototype boat that Millar Agnew was working on for the anderson drive concept. he did make another one that did work . but lost over the years . so I only have the one he started on . the drive on this one was hand lade Fiberglas and was not for long time running just for testing . so that's why I would like to find the RCMK one the a old MH$ Anderson drive . or a new company that make's one

Name:	Fd92593.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1770274   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24108.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	1770275   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90897.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	1770276   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26046.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1770277  
Old 06-08-2012, 07:21 AM
specialk1

Maybe I can fix it.

they look good . but if I was going with the the Z drive . I would just put one of my AMPS z drive on it . I still want to go with the anderson dives . they have some nice stuff on that web site . thanks for the link

Name:	Vt57387.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1770280  
Old 06-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Mario Giordano

Hi specialk1, you can allways go with Werner's drives, he has really high quality stuff, and also he is the best web seller, fast, serious ,precise etc. but in my case, i preferred thr rcmk arneson drives just for the very scale look, and to do something different, almost all the apaches (scale built) go with z-drives, so i choose the rcmk arneson drives and am very happy with the result

Regards

Name:	Ig11642.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1770300   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42306.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1770301   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu50412.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1770302  
Old 06-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Justaddwata

ORIGINAL: specialk1

this is a prototype boat that Millar Agnew was working on for the anderson drive concept. he did make another one that did work . but lost over the years . so I only have the one he started on . the drive on this one was hand lade Fiberglas and was not for long time running just for testing . so that's why I would like to find the RCMK one the a old MH$ Anderson drive . or a new company that make's one
Just to clarify - the drive style your referring to is an ARNESON drive - not an Anderson drive. http://www.arneson-industries.com/pa...ucts&id=drives
Old 06-08-2012, 12:26 PM
specialk1

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

Just to clarify - the drive style your referring to is an ARNESON drive - not an Anderson drive. http://www.arneson-industries.com/pa...ucts&id=drives
opps arneson lol thanks
Old 06-08-2012, 02:49 PM
HendricX

If you want to keep the original , you'll have to send me the drive as it is in your first picture.

I believe I can refurbish it , would not be expensive.

I make all sorts of custom-drives.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Justaddwata

If you want to keep the original , you'll have to send me the drive as it is in your first picture.

From what I have seen of HendricX work/workmanship - you will not regret this option!!
Old 06-09-2012, 04:16 PM
specialk1

ORIGINAL: Mario Giordano

Hi specialk1, you can allways go with Werner's drives, he has really high quality stuff, and also he is the best web seller, fast, serious ,precise etc. but in my case, i preferred thr rcmk arneson drives just for the very scale look, and to do something different, almost all the apaches (scale built) go with z-drives, so i choose the rcmk arneson drives and am very happy with the result

Regards
is this the drive you are talking about ? http://youtu.be/SVcVX9-l_WU . when are you going to post up some video's of you nice boat running .
Old 06-09-2012, 04:18 PM
specialk1

Im open to try . I still dont know if this original drive can be saved i will pm you to talk
Old 06-10-2012, 07:35 AM
Mario Giordano

ORIGINAL: Mario Giordano

Regards
is this the drive you are talking about ? http://youtu.be/SVcVX9-l_WU . when are you going to post up some video's of you nice boat running .
Yes, this is, it's a very pretty steerable drive, but you have to check out the size, i'm not sure, but i think it's a little bit larger than the rcmk, and so if your boat is to small maybe don't look good on it. How long is your boat?
I also want to see my boat running but i'm still waiting for my custom exhaust system, and without it i can't go on with the work, i need it to calculate mufflers, box-radio and fuel-tank position, i think in a few months it will be finished (hope).

Regards
Old 06-14-2012, 11:14 AM
specialk1

[quote]ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

I think im going to need a bigger motor to make this Arneson drive work ..lol

Name:	Rp42902.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	1772047  
Old 06-15-2012, 11:59 PM
qdemon

Hi if I were you I would forget trying to put any kind of steerable drive on a 39" boat they are to big, i have a pair of WD200 drives on my 58" apache ( see my pic ) drive is 6" in length from Transom to drive dog, and you will need a lot of servo power ( more expense ).

Bob.

Name:	Zx72507.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	1772458  
Old 06-16-2012, 02:29 PM
mickieb49

Hi Guy's,
   Just wondering if  RCMK still sells these drives? 
Cheers mick
Old 06-17-2012, 12:23 AM
qdemon

Hi Mick
I found it kind of strange that RCMK built their steerable drive then never bothered to put them for sale on their web site ? which is why I went for the WD200 drives for my Apache.

if you go to all the expensce of tooling up to manufacture a product then you would want to sell it, in order to sell it you have to advertise it, no advertise no sales, like a lot of RCMK products perhaps it had faults !!.

just my opinion

Bob.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Mario Giordano

Hi Bob, you're right, like i said before, this is a very rare situation, actually I have not seen any video of a boat running with these drives, besides mine, i saw 2 boats with them, the gtx of bonowang and the red one at the start of this thread. I'm near the end of this build so soon we're gonna know if works well or like you say, has faults.
Same situation for the arrowshark z-drive, 2011 release and is a few months that i see it's "Sold Out", ??

Regards
Old 06-17-2012, 01:35 PM
HendricX

About the RCMK-Trimax :

The ball-joint/pin connection to the propshaft is tooooooooooooooo weak ,
and the guidance for the square cable tooo short.

I did make some changes using a WHH RH2074 propshaft , and send RCMK pictures of the rebuild.

Making it like the WD-200 drives are set-up.

Allthough everyone is speaking optimistic about mr.Park ... I've yet to get a reply. :-(

Name:	Hf98964.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	1773049  
Old 06-18-2012, 02:23 AM
Mario Giordano

OMG! HendricX, what do you mean? I'm going to broke them with the s520?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.