Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

HOR AND EXPRESSCRAFT, GREAT MATCH

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

HOR AND EXPRESSCRAFT, GREAT MATCH

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 10:48 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default HOR AND EXPRESSCRAFT, GREAT MATCH

We are going to be offering a ARTR pretty soon, our relationship with hor racing is going to make this possible along with WHH new x-force motor, here are some of hor racing products we have on hand,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45033.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1774192   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26951.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1774193   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71004.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1774194   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ib82444.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1774195   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oz30683.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	1774196   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aq98654.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1774197   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mp16783.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	1774198  
Old 06-20-2012, 11:07 AM
HendricX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HOR AND EXPRESSCRAFT, GREAT MATCH

Almost all Johnny's stuff is OK ... but don't use/sell his black-propshafts.

They are not the grade we want , better slide a WHH RH2074 propshaft into the HOR bushings.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:23 PM
expresscraft

we do not carry those, we discussed that any thing he sends me will be something i would use or i would send it back,so far the cables we have from him our priced fantastic, i have sold around 200, and have only had 1 issue and that was from a guy that retreaded his.i have sold many brands of hardware in the last 22 years, and this is great stuff at a great price,
Old 06-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Hesco Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've been using Johnny's parts now for about 4 years and it has improved in quality and finish. Things that bug is the stainless bolts they use are not high quality and tend to strip very easily. We replace them as we get the parts. The bolt slot on the skeg strut is cut to high and does not allow descent adjusting on some cat hulls. The stinger drive with the threaded insert has the thread cut to deep in relation to the whole drilled into it and thus it breaks on the thread. So we just machine new ones up when they break. The cowl lock o-rings are very soft and break fairly easy when stretched a bit to much but work fine with new o-rings. Always check the little grub screw holding the swivel pin for the rudder block. They are always loose and (palm on face) I have lost 2 on boats i help built and forgot to tighten. The black clamps on the tune pipes stretch from the heat.

But even with all these little niggles it is still best bang for your buck parts. Yes maybe not of the high standard as some of the other suppliers but man the price and service can not be beaten.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:36 PM
silverz98

iv been using the hor 1/4in collets and shafts on a couple of boats now for a lil while and so far so good. on cable got a few cracks
in it from i think the shaft saver i used was one with the set screw against the cable and it stressed it. i now have collors that clamp and dont use the set screw on the shat to hold tight so we will see.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:26 PM
expresscraft

that is all good info, just looking at the parts you would not see any issues, i think any cable will suffer from a set screw, and the collars you are using now will be much better,i will let johnny know of any problems, i think he is more then willing to retool for better parts, post a pic of what you are doing to the drive barrel, thanks Tom.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:37 PM
silverz98

i will get a pic of old style saver and the new saver im useing now. i really like the HOR collets there hevy duty feeling and i dont feel like im going to strip them when i tighten them. as i said the cable seem to be good so far. and i think my problem was the saver i used
. only bad thing is you can not use other cables with the HOR collets if there not a true 1/4 like the hor ones
Old 06-21-2012, 03:50 PM
expresscraft

thats true most cables are .245 and not .250, but hey we have them they are a great cable and at 15.00 for a 22" CABLE with drive dog and prop nut, why go anywhere else? so far we have sold a lot of parts with no bad feedback, some of the stuff you guys are saying is the first i have heard on it, its ok i want the info so we can work on it, but so far so good,i have mainly only shown these parts on one site, as i wanted to see how things went, but with the positive feed back we have gotten we are going to build our first ARTR, boat using these parts, up till now we have only built one off custom boats for people, most of our builds have been with the best parts available, quickdraw, mhz, speedmaster ect. and i would not harm our good standing bye selling bad parts after 22 years, there will always be thing to make parts better, but like HESCO said these are a big BANG FOR THE BUCK
Old 06-21-2012, 04:15 PM
silverz98

i agree Tom im not trying ot complain like i said so far i like the cables and collets. and im 99% sure the saver i used
on shaft is what caused the cable to crack a few splines on it.. heck im waiting on my 2 new cables now from you and
another collet lol. hope there here tomm. and the cable that got the couple cracks in it was on hydro so all i did was
shorten the shaft for another boat i had to use so it wasnt a wasted cable thank goodness TY Tom for doing what you do
for the hobby.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:16 PM
silverz98

here the pics Tom pic of crack and the twp savers then old saver then new saver then both side by side

Old 06-22-2012, 02:38 AM
expresscraft

yes your new saver is much better, really im glad to get any feed back, all is good. did not take it as complaining. and thanks for the nice comments.