Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

90" Baja boat questions prop sizes

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

90" Baja boat questions prop sizes

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 05:53 PM
lrglnman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90" Baja boat questions prop sizes

Got a few questions on this boat here http://www.glhobbies.com/boat/boat.html
First of all I am considering this kit very hard. It has alot of pontential for some scale looks and what not. Engine im thinking about is a 50cc mini bike 4 stroke. what would be the prop ranges for this size of motor? ive seen this boat finished and it is a really nice kit. Lots of things you can do to it.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:56 PM
rio 51 racer

Default RE: 90

Well on my twin phantom build i am using prather 280s and 6917 4 blades
Old 07-09-2012, 05:57 PM
rio 51 racer

Phantom is 70 in depending on the variables probably a 3.5 ish diameter
Old 07-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: lrglnman

Got a few questions on this boat here http://www.glhobbies.com/boat/boat.html
First of all I am considering this kit very hard. It has alot of pontential for some scale looks and what not. Engine im thinking about is a 50cc mini bike 4 stroke. what would be the prop ranges for this size of motor? ive seen this boat finished and it is a really nice kit. Lots of things you can do to it.
An interesting boat - challenge will be in finding hardware that will keep the scale looks - probably end up having to custom make hardware. What 50cc 4 stroke motor are you looking at using. I would think you might be running a relatively small prop for the size of the boat. I would start with a 3218 or similar ABC. The hard part is the 4 stroke motor factor. I have run plenty of larger 2 strokes but with 4 stroke you will have less RPM to work with and probably more torque (for the size).

Realistically - prop is the last thing you need to determine in your project - not the first. Theres certainly a prop out there to fit the build - just have to build it to need the prop!
Old 07-10-2012, 01:30 AM
stevo7896

That thing needs twin evinrudes. Does it come with a trailer. That would be an intresting build.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:40 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: stevo7896

That thing needs twin evinrudes. Does it come with a trailer. That would be an intresting build.
Says it is 94" with drives and 25" wide. One of mine is 105" with drives and 25" wide.[link=http://imageevent.com/justaddwata/myboats/266m105fountainakacanoerepower?p=100&n=1&m=-1&c=2&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=4] Looks a little sleeker too[/link]. 2 x 35cc motors is plenty.

Unfortunately shipping will probably be around the price of the Baja hull (depending on where).
Old 07-10-2012, 01:58 AM
MATHO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

due to the low rpm output of a 4-stroker I'd recommend to use an overdrive gearbox with splitter function as I offer on my page, ratio of 1:1,28 would be ok (or around that if you's choose a different brand of gearbox. I my gearbox case I think a pair of propshop 7016/3 prepared by dasboata (Chris Hofmann) could fit.