Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

M&D Design G260 Modified Zenoah (Cant decide on what Hull)

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

M&D Design G260 Modified Zenoah (Cant decide on what Hull)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 03:21 PM
kvnnina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: M&D Design G260 Modified Zenoah (Cant decide on what Hull)

Thanks Mike that helps alot after you cleared that up I looked at the hulls and it made alot of sense just by looking at them. I might go with the R42 if I choose between one of those. At first I was thinking blast cat for looks only tho.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:52 PM
BMAD01

Hi Kevin! I see your from Aurora, Ill.. HAHAHA! I moved from 19 1/2 s River Street in downtown Aurora to Denver in 1997. I'm betting the places you can run a Gas Boat out there are far and few by now. When I left in 97, it was a solid city all the way from Lake Michigan to about 5mi. west of Aurora![X(]
Anyhow enough of that dribble. I have 4, M+D full/mods an M+D Cast Motor, and 2, Quickdraw HT motors now. I've got to say the M+D's are very happy in a 40' to 45" hull be it Cat or mono as I have both. In 2008, I built an AC R42 with my Cast motor and completely dominated the Cat class for that year. Since then I have gone to other hulls with these motors. In 2010 I built another R42 with a Q/D HT motor. It runs great, but not as good as the M+D powered one! My current race Cat is an M+D powered RC Boatworks, F-41 Stryker. I'll be building another one just like it in a month or 2 for next year. My race mono is a Microburst 45 with a Q/D HT motor. Both boats are doing very well this year as I am in second place in points right now. Speed and handling + a 40 to 45" hull. But that's just my opinion yano! You can see pics of my boats in My Gallery. Good luck with whatever you choose. Brian
Old 09-05-2012, 02:13 PM
kvnnina

Thanks Brian. Just took a quick look at your gallery you have some really nice looking boats there. I like alot of your extras in the boats as well. Ill have to use your pics for future upgrades too. Guess it is a small world after all cause I live right down the street from your old house. Me and my brother run at masidon lake the one connected with phillips park. Pretty sure you know where thats at. The bigger and faster these boats i get we may have to find some where else to run tho. And your right it is going to be hard to find another place.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:43 PM
BMAD01

Thanks Kevin. I believe that a fast race boat can also look good. Most of my fellow boaters don't! Oh well... There was a couple of Gas boaters in Naperville a couple years back. I was told they ran at the old quarry, across the street from the old high school, down the hill at the bend in Aurora ave in Naperville. I lived there for 20yrs before I moved to Aurora. Good luck, Brian
Old 09-06-2012, 11:13 PM
SCGoFast

Found a nice cat - should work nice with your 26 cc engine too.

http://www.horracing.com/product_inf...roducts_id=595

Phil