Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

New Rev-Unlimited Zenoah from Gizmo?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

New Rev-Unlimited Zenoah from Gizmo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 03:41 PM
TheFridge189

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rev-Unlimited Zenoah from Gizmo?

Why are they so cheap? Are they not Ready-to-start?
The way I see it is a Brand new Zenoah for $110. If that's true Gizmo really nailed this one...
Old 10-26-2012, 03:56 PM
goodson

Default RE: New Rev-Unlimited Zenoah from Gizmo?

It's not a Zenoah engine, but a knock off replica. Not licensed or built by Zenoah to my knowledge. The jury is still out on how well they run.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Jess0211

I dont think it's real price for Japan Zenoah !
Maybe the copy one QJ26CC.
Do you think so?
[img]7777777[/img]
Old 10-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

It's not a Zenoah but yes, it does have the looks of one. It is not meant to be a replacement for a Zen, RCMK or any other popular engine as it is a budget way to get into gas boating. the price is kept down as Bruce is the only one selling it with no real advertising costs and no other sellers that have to make a buck for their trouble. This is for those that don't have a bottomless wallet or those that don't race. There is though a mild mod version and a full mod in the works. Bruce is also a Zenoah dealer and the US distributor of RCMK's. Most parts are interchangeable with Zenoah's so later on you can go either way.
I was on the phone earlier today with someone involved with testing and he says that it looks promising for the price. Another person who I know that got one tore it down and didn't like it that much. For $110.00 you're going to get what you pay for, hopefully a bargain over the other low-dollar Asian imports that come in cheap RTR boats.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:08 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Modded version rated at 5 hp cant be bad for $159 i just ordered one .
Mart
Old 10-27-2012, 04:55 AM
SS RC Boats

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

It's not a Zenoah but yes, it does have the looks of one. It is not meant to be a replacement for a Zen, RCMK or any other popular engine as it is a budget way to get into gas boating. the price is kept down as Bruce is the only one selling it with no real advertising costs and no other sellers that have to make a buck for their trouble. This is for those that don't have a bottomless wallet or those that don't race. There is though a mild mod version and a full mod in the works. Bruce is also a Zenoah dealer and the US distributor of RCMK's. Most parts are interchangeable with Zenoah's so later on you can go either way.
I was on the phone earlier today with someone involved with testing and he says that it looks promising for the price. Another person who I know that got one tore it down and didn't like it that much. For $110.00 you're going to get what you pay for, hopefully a bargain over the other low-dollar Asian imports that come in cheap RTR boats.
Good posting!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:08 AM
advanced builder

Ron I got the blue crank blues on my Zenhoa. I added a X force full circle crank to replace the bad crank. A cheap upgrade to a Zenhoa. I believe the bearing is faulty on the blue crank the piston is to one side ,bearing is at the other side. I like the looks of the new crank. I can't test till next season as the pond is drained for the enlargement. Next week they will be digging. I also picked up a Zippkit X force. The price was right. I do like the water cap on Zippkits. engine. I will do some mods myself. Why not.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:07 PM
TheFridge189

How do you guys think it will compare to a Zenoah though?
Old 10-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Ron Olson

Time will tell but it's not going to be a Zen. to be honest, I really like my RCMK's and they have ignition issues. Zenoah's are going through problems with cranks and owners should tear them down before running to check for filings inside. with the Rev-Unlimited you're still going to get a $110.00 engine, not a $220.00 Zen.
The pull-starter appears to be like the one sold on the X-Force engines but may be a clone, who knows? If I were you, I'd wait as the jury is still out on this one and see if any teething problems arise. The inside of one I've seen so far online had some chroming coming off in the cylinder around the ports. This might have been an isolated incident.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Iluvspdtt

i just completed my first boat build. its just an easy vee kit. and i think i am going to pick up one of these engines instead of my homelite engine or 31cc ryobi. i will probably get the mod motor they have.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:19 PM
Iluvspdtt

i sent them a message today and bruce replied saying he sells these engines daily and they are of good quality. the mod engine makes 5.3hp and the stock motor makes 3.75hp.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:53 PM
cconeill

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi guy's
the best part is Bruce is standing behind his engines. getting us the best price. I will be buying one for my flyer 15. I just bought a k30 for my lucas hull. they are really good people to buy stuff from!! that is my 2 cents.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:36 AM
Iluvspdtt

i just ordered one of the mod motors.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:11 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am under the impression that it is the same motor as the x-force motor,just not with the machining done on the water jacket.and a different name tag.we modded one of the x-force motors and feel it will stand next to a zen all day long.and Bruce is standing behind them, same as tony with the x-force motor, nobody is taking care of zen customers,If they break you need a new part, simple as that. there is no money in the zen, that's why. I heard the number is 69.95 if you buy 50 of the new motors, so there is room to stand behind them. on the zen when I bought 50 they where 180.00 each, that left a 20.00 profit.what service can you give with that?I think the new motors are fantastic.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:29 AM
SS RC Boats

Might just buy one of his new release $259 full mod 26's and see how they perform!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Ron Olson

ORIGINAL: SS RC Boats

Might just buy one of his new release $259 full mod 26's and see how they perform!
You've got year-round running down there as opposed to us in The Great White North so a report on it would be helpful to us in the thinking about buying one mode.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:07 AM
cconeill

I wonder how well it would do in the lucas hull?? I have the K-30. for 259.00 it might be fun to try. what do you think Damon. would it run better or the same as the K-30??
Old 11-11-2012, 12:25 PM
SS RC Boats

I can only speak from my personal experience with the mod k30,but the rev-unlimited 26 is no comparison! As far as in Bermuda....there is no 26 other than the QDP26 that comes even close to the k30. Not saying there is no other 26 that won't beat the k30 since there are some very good builders around,but i got rid of all my 26's including QD25ht motors just to have all 29's in my stable. If i do decide to purchase and test a full mod rev-unl 26 it wont be for fun....it will be put through the ringer....as i do with all my motors whether it be my rc boats or real offshore boat. Gotta make sure product quality is good enough for racing!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:29 PM
cconeill

thanks Damon. I may try one in the maxvee.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:27 PM
henschel
My Feedback: (47)

Here is a Pro race rev-unlimited 26cc motor from Bruce at Gizmotors. 4 bolt 6hp engine. Nice engine to say the least. Bought everything you see from gizmo. RCMK clutch,motor mounts and pull starter. For the money you can't beat these engines. 6hp and a USA guy that will stand by them. So far all RCMK or Zenoah parts will fit this engine. I will buy my motors in the future from Bruce at Gizmo only. You can try to save a few pennies on ebay for those Chinese or Taiwan ones but one thing is for sure, every time I call Gizmo they always answer the phone and help me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42106.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1833499   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17953.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1833500   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19924.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1833501  
Old 12-24-2012, 05:32 PM
henschel
My Feedback: (47)

More pics cause file too large
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12899.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	1833502   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33663.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1833503