Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

***Introducing the R/C Boat World Championship Series***

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

***Introducing the R/C Boat World Championship Series***

Old 12-15-2012, 09:17 AM
CC Racing Engines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Introducing the R/C Boat World Championship Series***

Racers,
After months of hard work and discussion by some dedicated racers we would like to introduce a new series to RC Boating that we feel will bring our hobby into the next level of racing. The RC Boat World Championship Series will initially be a five Race series that will travel from Coast to Coast with races being held in Florida, Dallas, Colorado, Houston and end in New Orleans. This is the first time RC Boaters will be offered real opportunities to become World Champions. Each one of these races will be a World Championship Series Race and at the end of the year the top point’s earners in each class will be crowned World Champions in each individual class of racing. These champions will have earned there championship crown by accumulating points from each individual Championship Race. Racers will also have a ranking each year based on points accumulated from races during the year. Even if you can only attend one or maybe two races you will have points at the end of the year that will give you a ranking for the next year. This is much different than the races we are used to in our hobby were someone can have a lucky weekend and be crowned a National Champion.

The website set up for this race series is located at www.rcbwc.com it has a forum to discuss race locations, dates, rules, points, formats and special activities that will be unique for each race. We as a collaboration will do our best to evolve the series and help it grow with the hobby and the rapidly changing technology. Club leaders will have control of things that need to be done to bring successful races to each City where races will be held. We will continue to search for locations and clubs that we feel will help the race series grow. We will be looking for locations that we feel will cater to broadest spectrum of racers across the country and welcome clubs to contact us so we can discuss options.

We have some very big name sponsors for this series that we will be announcing very soon. We already have a sponsor that has donated a $200 gas card for each Class Champion at the end of the year. We look forward to getting everyone in our hobby involved and finally having some hard working racers we can call champs. Go to the website sign up, check out the dates, sites and look over the rules and let us know what you think.

Here is the link to the site:
[link]http://www.rcbwc.com[/link]
Old 12-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Jackal1983

Default RE: ***Introducing the R/C Boat World Championship Series***

Hi,
Really like the idea but How can you be get a world champion status if its only held in the states??? can a Brit become a world champion to?

Jack
Old 12-15-2012, 09:54 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jackal1983

Hi,
Really like the idea but How can you be get a world champion status if its only held in the states??? can a Brit become a world champion to?

Jack
Old 12-15-2012, 10:31 AM
CC Racing Engines

Guys,
We are very glad that you like the series. This is a new series and we will do our best to accommodate everyone including Brits and racers are welcome from anywhere to participate. As with a lot of other racing series that crown World Champions this one will based in the States. There is nothing like this anywhere and we feel that it needs to get it started somewhere.

Thanks for your concerns
Old 12-15-2012, 01:32 PM
w3bby

ORIGINAL: CC Racing Engines
This is the first time RC Boaters will be offered real opportunities to become World Champions.
Sorry but this is basically and fundamentally untrue
To reiterate Jackals reply this appears to be nothing more than a US championship. For those less US fixated then a World Championships that attracts racers from all over the world takes place every other year under the Naviga banner .
Old 12-16-2012, 01:10 AM
martno1fan

Heres the real world championships W3bby is talking about.It can only be a true world championships when everyone from arround the world has the ability to attend the races which its quite obvious they wont the way yours is set up.Come on this is nothing more than a US championships so lets not make it out to be something it is not.
Mart
http://fsr-dessau2012.de/
Old 12-16-2012, 06:50 AM
CC Racing Engines

Guys,
We do appreciate you taking the time to comment on the series with your concerns. This series is new and will evolve in time, the main purpose is to help grow and support our hobby and the people involved in it. Anyone and everyone is welcome and invited to come race at any or all of the races listed in the series. The Finals are at the end of the year in Louisiana at the VooDoo facility. It would be a honor to have you guys come race with us. We already have commitments from racers from Canada, Japan, Kuwait, Dubai and Puerto Rico.

Thanks again
Old 12-16-2012, 07:45 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks good Carlo.

Certainly keep us all posted on races, results, pictures etc.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:41 PM
CC Racing Engines

Matt,
Thanks man. We have already started receiving some interest from other clubs about hosting races around the country. I will keep everyone updated as the series progresses.

Thanks
Carlo

[link=http://www.rcbwc.com]RC Boat World Championships[/link]
Old 12-17-2012, 04:13 PM
rcguy1411

why not set it up like the real boats do five or ten races national points champion then one tree day event for the worlds might make it easer for many clubs to get involved and convince some more guys to travel further to the voodoo pond for finally just a thought
Old 12-17-2012, 10:09 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry Carlo but I have to agree with those overseas. Just because you call it a World Championship Series doesn't make it so as I could call a local run that. It's going to come down to who has the most time and money to travel to more than one event to get enough points to win your championship. The Las Vegas race likes to call theirs a Gas World Championship, yours also seems to concentrate on gas boats only, no wonder how you sell gas engines and boats. It just seems to be too egotistical to me.
Seriously, do you really expect people from Colorado to travel to the south to attend a race or those from the south to go way up there? No, this is basically a southern series from where your champions will come from. With our already crowded schedule in the northern states and limited race season, I don't see any way to expand to a race up this way.
This is the honest way that I feel about what you plan to do but I gave up on being timid a while ago.

By the way, as a former Mod on this site and you being a manufacturer and/or dealer of RC-related goods you are required to state so in your signature. Please review the site rules otherwise you can be placed on Moderated Status until you comply.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:32 AM
CC Racing Engines

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

Sorry Carlo but I have to agree with those overseas. Just because you call it a World Championship Series doesn't make it so as I could call a local run that. It's going to come down to who has the most time and money to travel to more than one event to get enough points to win your championship. The Las Vegas race likes to call theirs a Gas World Championship, yours also seems to concentrate on gas boats only, no wonder how you sell gas engines and boats. It just seems to be too egotistical to me.
Seriously, do you really expect people from Colorado to travel to the south to attend a race or those from the south to go way up there? No, this is basically a southern series from where your champions will come from. With our already crowded schedule in the northern states and limited race season, I don't see any way to expand to a race up this way.
This is the honest way that I feel about what you plan to do but I gave up on being timid a while ago.

By the way, as a former Mod on this site and you being a manufacturer and/or dealer of RC-related goods you are required to state so in your signature. Please review the site rules otherwise you can be placed on Moderated Status until you comply.
Ron,
We welcome all opinions on the subject. The thing that makes this Series different as it is available to clubs across the country and we are welcoming them with open arms to become part of the Series. If there is a area of the country that would like to be involved in the Series then all they have to do is contact us and we can go from there. We are looking forward to having clubs from North to South and East to West having races as this Series progresses. As of right now this Series is brand new and has been welcomed by both NAMBA and IMPBA with open arms. The first race in the Series is in Florida and it is almost sold out and we expect the same from the rest of the clubs involved. We are only counting 3 out of the 5 races for points so someone from Colorado does not need to travel to Florida or Louisiana, but can travel to Dallas or Houston to accumulate points. The purpose of this is simply about trying to promote and grow our hobby/sport if we never try to get anything like this going then our hobby/sport will never grow. We will continue to add races strategically around the country so that everyone will at least have one race fairly close to them.

If there are racers that are going to attend races and accumulate enough points to win a Championship then they will be World Champions at the end of the year and it will not matter where they are from. With any form of racing there is a cost involved with racing and the dedication level that is required to become a champion. This is not a single event that will crown a World Champion this is a Series that will give accumulative points earners the right to be named champions at the end of the year. Whether or not people choose to travel is completely up to them and the level of dedication they want to give to our hobby/sport and it will be there choice to attend one race or all of the races in the Series. We are currently in talks with clubs on the Westcoast and and in the North including Canada. We have Gas classes as the main classes because they are the most popular form of RC boat racing. If you look at the format of the races you will note that Sundays will have Open classes that allow any form of NAMBA/IMPBA legal boats to run.

This is not just something that I am involved in on my own, I just happen to be the one posting. There are several clubs and quite a bit of individuals who have spent quite a bit of there time helping to build a website, going over rules, doing scheduling and so fourth to bring this to fruition. There has been a ongoing discussion of how to make this work for quite a while between Organizations, Racers, Club Presidents and even NHRA racers who have helped to get us some much needed sponsorship to get this Series of of the ground. Getting this series going has taken tremendous time away from my family and my business and it has been done with no other reasons then try to promote the hobby that I love. To try and say that I am using this for monetary gains to help my company and call me egotistical is way out of line. I consider that a personal attack on me and as a former moderator you should no better. If you don't feel that this Series is something you agree with then that is fine as it will not be for everyone, but please do not try to discredit all the hard work that everyone else has done to get this going because you do not agree with it.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:24 AM
martno1fan

Carlo i dont want to upset anyone but the fact remains just because you call it a World Champinships doesnt make it one,realistically its just an American Championships series .
Theres allready a world championships for ic boats as was mentioned above and its been going strong for many years with competitors from all over the world.
If you want to do a propper World championships then sureley the way to do it is to hold a week of racing ? that way people from all over the world can come and compete on an equal footing.
A world series to me just isnt viable sory.
I think you should just call it what it is the American Championship Series or cup !!.
Mart
Old 12-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Hesco Racing

As Mart has said there are really very few real world championship events. Having the races only in the states does not make it a real world champs as logistically and financially boaters from the rest of the world can not attend all the US races. So if you hold and USA national series and out of that get the best drivers whom then compete in 1 racing event spread over few days where other countries could send teams of equal quantity then you can call it a WORLD champs. That said as with most of the other sports in USA it is not going to stop you guys from calling it a WORLD Championship although in truth it really is not.
IN South Africa we have to compete for 2 years to qualify to go partake at the Naviga World champs by wining 2 years national events. We don't just decide we want to go.

Cobus
www.cmbc.co.za
Old 12-18-2012, 11:38 AM
CC Racing Engines

Guys,
I appreciate your thoughts on the Series. We have spent a lot of time and effort to get the series where it is now. There are a lot of sports and hobbies in the United States that name World champions within the country and no disrespect to anyone I guess this will fall under that category. We are working really hard to promote the Hobby and we never even considered that the name would be a issue. We are just trying to get something started that could very well eventually expand and get big enough to make everyone happy. The thing is we have to start somewhere.

Thanks for the Comments.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Hesco Racing

Carlo no one would ever be able to say you do not do every effort you have to promote and build this sport/hobby. That said starting such a venture off on the wrong foot might just force it not to get to what I am sure you have envisioned it. i am sure you guys can get such an series off the ground and it would grow into a great event. but start it off right and it will be just so much better.

Just my 2 cents
Cobus
Old 12-18-2012, 12:50 PM
CC Racing Engines

Cobus,
Thanks man. I completely understand what you guys are saying. Problem is the website is built names have been been made for races and it would really be tough to change stuff now. Hopefully in the future this will be bigger then expected and it will earn it's name. I do appreciate the feedback from you guys and I have a lot of respect for you guys and your opinions.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:47 PM
advanced builder

W
Old 12-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Guys - lets just keep this a little more on track and a little less debating the event name. Carlo has put in a big effort with what he has done and IMO - anything that can be done to grow the hobby we all love is welcome. Nothing to say it does not grow - especially with competitors coming in from abroad - perhaps with time there may be additional races abroad.

To quote Wikipedia
Certain sports do not have a world championship, instead they may organise a World cup competition, or they may organize both. Often, the use of the term cup or championship in this sense is just a choice of words. Some sports have multiple champions because of multiple organizations such as mixed martial arts, boxing and wrestling
I am sure you all appreciate the Miss Universe competitions and are thankful that there are no entries from other planets. This is RC Universe and we are exclusively earth.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:07 AM
Riggerman

I think it's pretty silly for guys to be nit picking a name of something that's obviously good for the hobby. For me it comes down to this: Everyone in the world is invited. If you want to be the series champ travel to the race and compete to win. Some will travel far and some won't but that doesn't matter. Who ever wins, wins. Pretty simple.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:14 AM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: Riggerman

I think it's pretty silly for guys to be nit picking a name of something that's obviously good for the hobby. For me it comes down to this: Everyone in the world is invited. If you want to be the series champ travel to the race and compete to win. Some will travel far and some won't but that doesn't matter. Who ever wins, wins. Pretty simple.
Thats ridiculous ,if it were ONE race then that would be fine but the fact its a series held over months means it is exactly what i and others have said NOTHING MORE than an AMERICAN championship series.
Matt can give his support if he so wishes but it is what it is and what it is is NOT A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS.
Mart
Ohh ps Merry Christmas
Old 12-21-2012, 01:46 AM
Hesco Racing

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

Guys - lets just keep this a little more on track and a little less debating the event name. Carlo has put in a big effort with what he has done and IMO - anything that can be done to grow the hobby we all love is welcome. Nothing to say it does not grow - especially with competitors coming in from abroad - perhaps with time there may be additional races abroad.

To quote Wikipedia
Certain sports do not have a world championship, instead they may organise a World cup competition, or they may organize both. Often, the use of the term cup or championship in this sense is just a choice of words. Some sports have multiple champions because of multiple organizations such as mixed martial arts, boxing and wrestling
I am sure you all appreciate the Miss Universe competitions and are thankful that there are no entries from other planets. This is RC Universe and we are exclusively earth.
Miss world and miss universe is like IMPBA and NAMPBA. Two bodies competing for the same thing just because the one guy do not like another guy or they way the do business. That is why it would never grow any bigger.

But hay I enjoyed WORLD championship monster truck racing last night. At least I think El Toro Loco is from outside USA borders. Racing was still good.

Cobus
Old 12-21-2012, 03:23 AM
Riggerman

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

ORIGINAL: Riggerman

Thats ridiculous ,if it were ONE race then that would be fine but the fact its a series held over months means it is exactly what i and others have said NOTHING MORE than an AMERICAN championship series,yet again Americans thinking the world begins and ends on there own shores .
Matt can give his support if he so wishes but it is what it is and what it is is NOT A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS.
Mart
Ohh ps Merry Christmas

Wow, I thought we were talking about racing toy boats. Sorry, my mistake.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:56 AM
martno1fan

Dont be sory its all good its all about opinions at the end of the day sometimes im a bit over zealous , i do understand that Carlo and the others behind it mean well but i have to agree with Hesco that it needs starting off in the right way if you really want it to be a competition where guys from all over the world come to compete.
It needs to be done in a different way so they can be there for every race not just one or maybe two if theyre rich .
My recomendation would be to look at how Naviga do it and go from there.
Mart
Old 12-21-2012, 04:07 AM
Hesco Racing

What is amazing is that besides the moderator only 3 other USA guys even posted on the thread and 1 even pointed out the fact that this format would not be viable. There is more input from non USA racers which shows you we want something like this but want it to run right. I would love to come and compete in the US against the top racers but the format would be like all big races in USA where all who want to enter can race and in the end you are not racing the best of the country. I'm not saying I'm in anyway best in South Africa but if I know I can be part of a team competing in the US I will ride my spray rails off to be there. But the chances of competing in all the races in the championship would not even remotely be possible.

Cobus

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.