Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

New Build - First Gas

Hi all,!!! Firts of all I am new to the forum. So let me introduce my self so I dont get yell at for the project I am starting. I had some experience with FE boats building and upgrading them I already passed the 55mph threshold with one of my boats.I have switch to gas because I have recently moved to Spain where the neares lake is an hour away, and driving this much for 4 minutes of run time in the water with 3 batterie sets its just not fun anymore. So I switched to Gas in hope for some more relaxing time away from my problems and the W... hahaha shhhh!... I am majoring in automotive tech so petrol engines are not new to me and I understand the basics most of the boats dynamicsc (I have build and upgraded FE boats). The only thing I am really new to is putting this two together. Although the basics I understand I will ask for to those willing to give it for my first gas build. Although I prefer goning pretty slow to make a good build, I planned ahead and start off big, (I know this is not recomended but I have some building experience, pretty handy, good workshop at home, and basic knowledge). Plus I know I will get bored if I start with a small average speed boat. As I said I already crossed the 55mph threshold and I not looking to compromise on that. Maybe a little bit les but not going back to the 35mph.

So enough about my self the build.

Its a DEEP V mono hull from prestwich rc boats in the UK. I LIVE IN EUROPE,with good water line clearence. I want something that can handle rough waters on ocations.
    This are the parts already bought and on their way. Please let me know if I am missing something and building tips on how to properly get this started. Basically looking for a good realiable sport boat (not competition level) but fast when I want it to, to take off the edge. when I gent the parts and get on building I will post pictures of progress for recomendations and opinions on how to keep proceding.
    ZEN524 bellcrank throttle link ath shadowok="f" o:extrusionok="f" strokeok="f" fillok="f" o:connecttype="rect" /> Pict Pict Pict Pict Pict Pict Pict Pict

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New Build - First Gas

I'd just have bought the deal 3
    Clutch, forget it.. just more to go wrong although may be useful with the twin. Waterpump forget it (even with a clutch), are you really going to just sit there not going anywhere??? Soon as you have forward momentum you will have water.

Kill the engine with the throttle when in control, when not of all the failsafes out there the Killer RC seems to have a good reputation.
    Ian

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: w3bby

Clutch, forget it.. just more to go wrong although may be useful with the twin. Waterpump forget it (even with a clutch), are you really going to just sit there not going anywhere??? Soon as you have forward momentum you will have water.

Kill the engine with the throttle when in control, when not of all the failsafes out there the Killer RC seems to have a good reputation.
    Hi thanks for the input! Did yours came dissambled or artf? Just wondering. I basically did a modified Deal 2 without engine so I could put the powerplant in, plus a few things, I cant wonder into dave´s web page without wanting to buy something, he has cool stuff with good prices. Supposedly ships out tomorrow so I will have to wait about 2 or 3 weks for it to get to spain.
    I wanted the clutch because I have a reputation on being some how clumsy, hahahaha I always get my self paper cuted or burned while soldering lipo packs hahaha, and I did not want a 72mm propeller jus spinnig while I put the thing in the water. The water pump I guess you are right, but I already ordered, I will sleep on it to see if I put it in or not. One of the advantages I can think about having a water pum is the easy for bench testing. I dont know I guess I am just lazy like that. Having the water pump bought already waht are the dissadvantages on having a water pump installed to your opinion, besides more hoses to brake?

FYI

The water pump only works when the motor is idialing, once the moter starts to rev the pulses are too
    fast for the pump to work as it's a simple diaphram arrangement, for bench testing you well need another method
    to get water thru your engine. We use 2 fish tank pumps and a bucket of water for our initial setup one for the engine
    andthe other to do the exaust flanges, then fine tune under load at the lake if all goes well.
    I would go with the clutch if you are running the boat alone as it is much safer, Going with a buddy is the best option though.

jim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: andyx3000
    Did yours came dissambled or artf?
    Neither, I would just have bought deal 3 not "I have just bought....."

Ian

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: andyx3000
    Did yours came dissambled or artf?
    Neither, I would just have bought deal 3 not "I have just bought....."

HAHAHAHA ok sorry yes I sometimes get my english confused, not my maiden language....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jvdd

FYI

The water pump only works when the motor is idialing, once the moter starts to rev the pulses are too
    fast for the pump to work as it's a simple diaphram arrangement, for bench testing you well need another method
    to get water thru your engine. We use 2 fish tank pumps and a bucket of water for our initial setup one for the engine
    andthe other to do the exaust flanges, then fine tune under load at the lake if all goes well.
    I would go with the clutch if you are running the boat alone as it is much safer, Going with a buddy is the best option though.

jim
    Thanks for the input Jim..... So to your opinion and I see general opinion is just not worth it, to drill the isolator block. I like the idea about the fish tank pumps, I have a bunch just sitting around and It never occurd to me while I bech test my FEs.
    Yes I will be running alone and with buddys so I will defenitly put the clutch in, of my clumsiness and the damm propeller just spinning around...Hhahahah.

Andres

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Even with a clutch fitted the prop will still spin when its on land so you still need to be carefull .
    Waveridermouldings,Manufacturer of quality race proven Hulls.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

Even with a clutch fitted the prop will still spin when its on land so you still need to be carefull .

Ok did not know that. Thanks!

10. Posting Permissions