Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Problems with Redline Motors

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Problems with Redline Motors

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 01:59 PM
MadDogDan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Redline Motors

Has anyone had problems with Redline Motors? Are they still in business?

Over a month ago I sent them a Money Order for a pipe and some parts. To this day I have not gotten what I rodered. I was able to talk with them two weeks ago and they said they were on the road and not in the shop but that my stuff would ship out that day. I wasn't upset as it was the holidays and I can understand not being in the shop. The problem is it is now two weeks "after" they said my stuff would ship and I have not seen anything. Ihave called a dozen times and left messages but nobody answers their phone (recorded message). Ihave also sent numerous Emails but they do not return them.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I can to???
MadDog
Old 01-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Problems with Redline Motors

Keep trying.
The Schindler's may be gone racing, possibly in Florida. I would expect better service from them myself so I see why you're trying to get what you ordered and worried about it.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:04 AM
sfie281674

I had the same problem with them summer of last year. I kept calling with no responce. Finally, Jill emailed me saying the pipe was on backorder. It took 2 1/2 months for them to get me my parts. Terrible customer service!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:50 AM
MadDogDan

They just responded to my Emails and said the pipe and parts  just shipped and should be here tomorrow or Tuesday (Monday is a holiday) at the latest.  We shall see, but at least they finally responded.

MadDog
Old 01-18-2013, 04:51 PM
F1roddo

I had the same problem with them last year too, and I took me months to get things sorted out. I know they have some really great products and accessories, but their customer service is terrible!!

Might be better option to spend your hard earned money with another more reliable vendor, there are plenty out there. I hope you get it sorted out, and get your parts.

Cheers
Chris

Old 01-19-2013, 12:20 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MadDogDan

They just responded to my Emails and said the pipe and parts just shipped and should be here tomorrow or Tuesday (Monday is a holiday) at the latest. We shall see, but at least they finally responded.

MadDog
Power of the internet ehh
Old 01-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Nosedragger

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

They just responded to my Emails and said the pipe and parts just shipped and should be here tomorrow or Tuesday (Monday is a holiday) at the latest. We shall see, but at least they finally responded.

MadDog

The internet is impotent at best when trying to resolved issues with suppliers.Dragging problems out onto the net solves nothing.Direct communication like his email to them gets results.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:37 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny how they refused to reply and answer his calls but as soon as he posts on the forums they suddenly get in contact hmmm.
Normally i would agree the forum is not the place to do this BUT by the sounds of it he had tried every other way of getting this issue resolved and nothing worked.
Mart
Old 01-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Paul M

ORIGINAL: Nosedragger

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

MadDog

The internet is impotent at best when trying to resolved issues with suppliers.Dragging problems out onto the net solves nothing.Direct communication like his email to them gets results.
That's a ridiculous post. He already said he had made numerous attempts at resolving the issue before "dragging it onto the net". I agree with Mart. He'd still be getting jerked around if it weren't for the internet's power of telling a lot of potential customers quickly what he was doing. There is never an excuse for taking someone's money and not delivering in a timely basis. Let's not forget he was lied to and told that his stuff would ship 2 weeks ago. Now he is told it just shipped?? We'll see.

I don't think they were trying to steal, they just didn't make this customer a priority. Now others will be making it a priority NOT to deal with them. Plain and simple. This is not a gray area.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:07 AM
phillio35

hi all my boating pal jason has ordered a top mod engine and a insane gen 3 cat in october 29 over a thousand bucks and he hasnt got either yet the customer service is discrace ,they said that insane havnt built the boat yet but why havnt they sent the engine out nearly 3 months what a joke i would never order nothing from them hes also tried to phone and email then they fob him of sayin its sent but still nothing
Old 01-20-2013, 07:21 AM
redlinemotors

Dan your parts are on the way as you allready know. Usps

Track and Confirm:

You entered:9405503699300288694952

Your Item's Status[/b]Your item was processed through our DENVER, CO 80217 facility on January 19, 2013 at 8:12 pm. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.[/b]

[/b]

<form id="resultsForm" name="resultsForm" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; font-family: Arial; display: inline; outline: 0px;">
</form>
Old 01-20-2013, 07:30 AM
redlinemotors

We have been in contact with Jason, via email the whole time. So to say he cannot get ahold of us is very untrue. As far as Jasons order goes the boat is on its way to us. As soon as it comes in it will ship out.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:36 AM
MadDogDan

Thanks Mike, I appreciate it. Monday is a postal Holiday so I should have it on Tuesday and should take me only a few hours to complete this project as I need to drill through the hull to mount the pipe internally. I should have pictures up on this site by Thursday of the finished project (DaVette Drag boat) for all to see.Dan
Old 01-20-2013, 11:29 AM
redlinemotors

As for the gentleman who is posting about Jason he said to just ship the motor with the boat. And for the boat goes we were talking about shipping so I do not place the order for boat hulls until that is all cleared. Because there are no refunds on boat hulls so I want to be sure that everything is good. Then I have no idea what the boat builders have going on or how far they are behind. Then we had 3 big holidays in there. I asked insane about the boat and he said that he was working on it. I can only inform the customer on what they tell me. It was a very busy time of the year for everyone and things move slower and get busy. I try to get everything out as fast as I can. I relay on my suppliers to get our ordersto us if they are off or out for what ever reason it is I can't help that. As for the phone I try to get back as well as emails.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:42 PM
fillijas

Hi all,

To be brief:

Ordered Engine and hull at the end of October and they finally got posted today (Website states 4 weeks or less for hulls). In anyones book that is not a reasonable turnaround particularly when they have had my $1200 the whole time. Getting responses to my emails apart from recently has been painful and the responses less than adequate. A professional company keeps the customer informed without being constantly chased for info.
It turns out that the boat was ordered at the end of November even though I paid around 28 days earlier. Awaiting confirmations from Insane and payments clearing was the reason given for the delay which I find hard to believe. when I tried to cancel my order I was told that the boat had been started and that was not possible. I contacted Insane they said they had not started the build at that point though redline say they were told different.

Without going on all night my experience has been terrible and I would not recommend Redline to anyone. Customers are just not taken seriously and in this economic environment businesses need to realise the few people that are still spending money are just not going to put up with that anymore.

If you live outside of the U.S I would avoid. You simply do not have a leg to stand on.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:03 PM
F1roddo

ORIGINAL: fillijas

Hi all,

To be brief:

Ordered Engine and hull at the end of October and they finally got posted today (Website states 4 weeks or less for hulls). In anyones book that is not a reasonable turnaround particularly when they have had my $1200 the whole time. Getting responses to my emails apart from recently has been painful and the responses less than adequate. A professional company keeps the customer informed without being constantly chased for info.
It turns out that the boat was ordered at the end of November even though I paid around 28 days earlier. Awaiting confirmations from Insane and payments clearing was the reason given for the delay which I find hard to believe. when I tried to cancel my order I was told that the boat had been started and that was not possible. I contacted Insane they said they had not started the build at that point though redline say they were told different.

Without going on all night my experience has been terrible and I would not recommend Redline to anyone. Customers are just not taken seriously and in this economic environment businesses need to realise the few people that are still spending money are just not going to put up with that anymore.

If you live outside of the U.S I would avoid. You simply do not have a leg to stand on.

I fill your frustration, my experience with them was a very similar situation, however I did manage to eventually get a refund. Won't deal with them again and certainly don't reccommend them.

Cheers
Chris
Old 01-24-2013, 09:20 AM
MadDogDan

Got my pipe and parts, everything is good now. I must say, Mike does some of the cleanest welds I have ever seen. This pipe is a masterpiece. Talked with Quick Draw who makes the blanks that Mike welds up and they said Mike's finished product is even cleaner then theirs. I am about to give him another try and have him make up an outboard pipe but modified to wrap to center of an outdrive. This time I will expect a longer delivery time.

MadDog

Old 01-24-2013, 11:18 AM
mistycreekboats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very hard to beat the welds on Don Shanks 'Shanktech" hot pipes and delivery and dealing with Don is always a pleasure

Try Don - he is the best of all the Hot Pipes fabricators

Not sure why you would post all the issues and then - oh I'll buy from them again ...........

Buy from reputable people - without any excuses - and you wouln't need to post to get your stuff

JMO nothing more
Old 01-24-2013, 12:41 PM
F1roddo

If your after hotpipes, then Don is the man to contact. His pipes are awesome and his customer service is simply outstanding!

I have about 4 of Don's pipes, 2 of them are customised to fit a specific need and space in my boats. Don always replied, and when I did
not quite understand his way of explaining his thoughts on a pipe, he just explained them again a different way. Don always takes the time to
get involved with his customers.
You only have to read some of the feedback threads on Jims about Don, and once you buy a pipe from Don, you won't ever buy a hotpipe anywhere else again.

I'd have to agree with what Misty has said,

Not sure why you would post all the issues and then - oh I'll buy from them again ...........

Buy from reputable people - without any excuses - and you wouldn't need to post to get your stuff

Cheers
Chris
Old 01-24-2013, 03:38 PM
MadDogDan

Google does not turn up a web site for Don.  What would that site be?

Dan

Old 01-24-2013, 05:49 PM
cheesewizz69

ORIGINAL: MadDogDanGoogle does not turn up a web site for Don. What would that site be?

Dan

I am not sure if he has a website but you should be able to contact him at [email protected].

This is some information from his post over on the dock.

"These are brand new pipes finished in the degree you want.Comes with your choice of flex length and a set of new springs and Viton O rings. These are built in a jig to ensure everything is in line and angles are correct. Pipes are set up with internal or external stinger. Internal stinger has a 1/8" chamfered drain hole 1/4" inside. These come with High temp baked on black coating. Please state how you want it finished. Can also make Whiplash or Backlash, GV and Insane G4 headers and wrap to flush and rear exhaust in the degree you need at the same price."

Leo
Old 01-24-2013, 05:55 PM
mistycreekboats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of Don's work
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36571.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1843968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw73634.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1843969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68150.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	1843970   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh11874.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1843971   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ep86024.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	1843972   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41796.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1843973   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82586.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1843974  
Old 01-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Paul M

ORIGINAL: mistycreekboats

Not sure why you would post all the issues and then - oh I'll buy from them again ........... [img][/img]

Buy from reputable people - without any excuses - and you wouln't need to post to get your stuff

JMO nothing more
Yep. Scratching my head over that one too Randy Burn me once......

Don is the man on pipes. I won't bother with anyone else. Workmanship and service and communication are 2nd to none.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:37 PM
F1roddo

ORIGINAL: cheesewizz69

ORIGINAL: MadDogDanGoogle does not turn up a web site for Don. What would that site be?

Dan

I am not sure if he has a website but you should be able to contact him at [email protected].

This is some information from his post over on the dock.

''These are brand new pipes finished in the degree you want.Comes with your choice of flex length and a set of new springs and Viton O rings. These are built in a jig to ensure everything is in line and angles are correct. Pipes are set up with internal or external stinger. Internal stinger has a 1/8'' chamfered drain hole 1/4'' inside. These come with High temp baked on black coating. Please state how you want it finished. Can also make Whiplash or Backlash, GV and Insane G4 headers and wrap to flush and rear exhaust in the degree you need at the same price.''

Leo
Yep, there's no website for Don, just contact him on the above email Leo has given, you won't be dissappointed.

Cheers
Chris
Old 01-25-2013, 04:56 AM
MadDogDan

Don it is then. Thanks for the info. I will be contacting Don as soon as my outdrive gets here and I can take some measurements. Is Don in the US?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.