Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

putting the final touches on my Easy Vee

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

putting the final touches on my Easy Vee

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 10:46 AM
xplayer930

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default putting the final touches on my Easy Vee

After building my easy vee on an off for a year due to med school im finally on the home stretch but I have a few questions I need answering.

Im having someone paint the hull an it is going to cost 275-350 depending on what I do, does this sound correct?

RCMK S254 does not come with instructions what so ever. What oil ratio for break in an after break is needed? How many tanks on break in? What are the carb settings?

Should I run a velocity stack?

Should I remove the return spring on the throttle arm? I am only running a S3004 for throttle.

Is the stock Specktrum Rx really that bad an do I need to purchase the Marine version?

With the motor I'm running an proper set up can I expect low to mid 50's?
Old 06-11-2013, 08:12 AM
jasburrito

Default RE: putting the final touches on my Easy Vee

Regular spektrum receiver does not go far at all.but my buds 60.00 2.4 radio chinese
radio has long range. What gives
Old 06-12-2013, 01:42 AM
MrMikeG

2.4 ghz wavelength is so small it gets absorbed by water, especially the roostertail from our gas boats.
By making it frequency hopping it seems to be a lot more reliable.
Spectrum is not frequency hopping.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=23165
Old 06-13-2013, 08:13 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

One question at a time.
Yes, that's too much for a standard paint job. If the person is doing something trick on it then maybe it would cost that much. Spray cans are a lot cheaper.
Eight ounces per gallon of gas. I don't change anything for break-in but that's me. Carb, 2 turns out on the low and 1 out on the high.
Some velocity stacks can kill HP. My buddy ran one on his Cat and after removing it, the boat ran much better.
Leave the throttle return spring on! The 3004 has plenty of power to pull it and the spring helps to bring it back. I was using the 3004's as I got some free, they did the job just fine.
Yes, use the Marine RX as I've seen boats lose signal in less than 150 feet with the stock RX. My buddy, the one with the Cat has one in his and it works flawlessly.
Stock RCMK I'm guessing. Maybe in the low 50's with the right setup.