Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

whh man o war or magnum 57

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

whh man o war or magnum 57

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 07:30 PM
tmaxx454

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whh man o war or magnum 57

ok from my last post i was between bonzi and whh well been doing alot of looking watching videos trying to get my mind made up, well im gonna roll with whh but lol i cant decide weather or not i want the man o war or magnum57, i like the man o war because of the haul design but the magnum57 seems like it would be more stable cause of the width and length any opinions or knowledge on these two machines?
Old 10-25-2013, 12:22 PM
SS RC Boats

My personal experience owning the WHH 52" Magnum was back in 96' when Tony first put the hulls on the market. My buddy and I had 3 of the first 5 that he built. They are very good boats and are amazing when cornering. Two of the hulls had full mod Zen 23's and mine had a Mathe 35cc. Fast in the calm and very good in the rough. We had them all set up to the point I was able to corner them without coming off the throttle,just had to be smooth in the corners. The 23's we radar at mid-high 40's and the Mathe 35 high 50's. I must say they are excellent built hulls. My buddy Ross at Speedmaster had a Man 'O' War hull but never put it together.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:12 PM
tmaxx454

wish i had a way to test run them or atleast see a good video between the both of them its easy to find the magnum 57 cause of its popularity but only a few videos of the man o war, would the man o war be faster cause of haul length ?
Old 10-25-2013, 02:28 PM
tmaxx454

i seen this video of the man o war that kinda worries me but then again it does look like driver error http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NAZ_...e_gdata_player
Old 10-25-2013, 03:54 PM
SS RC Boats

Not necessarily faster due to length....all depends on overall set up. The MAGIC word you said about Magnum is popularity,that alone speaks many words. More popular due to being a better hull. I have a 5 step bottom 66" SV43 from Germany that runs early 60's with a Quickdraw Pioneer 29.5 that is faster than all the smaller boats in my class. Youtube BOMBA and you will see how our bigger boats run to give you an idea how fast these big boats can be,even in rough water. I run in the Open Class.

Last edited by SS RC Boats; 10-25-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:17 PM
tmaxx454

just checked it out and dam thats awesome deffinantly making me look deeper into other hauls maybe an all out scratch project but gotta start with a good haul
Old 10-26-2013, 06:17 AM
SS RC Boats

A scratch build is a learning experience when it comes to bulding but if this is your first build I would suggest to go with an already built hull. Central RC Marine and Expresscraft are two companies with great scale looking boats that can handle some really choppy waters....with good prices. But I will say the Magnum can handle some choopy waters also,just not as scale looking as others.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:33 AM
tmaxx454

ill never build a haul lol well maybe a rigger haul but thats as far as i would go every thing else like cats and v ill just buy