Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

zenoah clone engine tuning problems

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

zenoah clone engine tuning problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 04:47 PM
boatpro8898

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zenoah clone engine tuning problems

okay this is my second thread my first was a unfortunate attempt to put together my boat however now I am doing a lot more with my boat now that I got the visual anyway so I have had my boat put together for 3 months now and I have yet to run it more than 10 minutes do mainly to tuning problems I did have it tuned enough to run at one tme but then I installed the water pump and I have not ben able to tune it since I can get it to run by opening the idle screw and or butterfly screw but I know this is deceptive I have tried all I can I have looked online and other post on carb tuning and it has got me some hits and misses I am really ready to run this boat just need some help here my engine is a Zenoah 260 pum clone engine stock I am not sure on the carb if anyone can help I would appreciate it and if you need more info please let me know
Old 11-07-2013, 05:34 PM
HendricX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a closer look at the carburater , and find the 2 letters/3 digits type-stamp.

It will start with WT-XXX , and find your high and low needle settings on this page.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:04 PM
boatpro8898

thx for your post as soon as I get some daylight I will verify my carb but when I have set my starting point should my motor turn over and run or will I have to adjust to get it to run I would assume that the default position would allow running correct or should I open the man idle screw up some
Old 11-08-2013, 07:30 AM
boatpro8898

Okay i searched my carb high and low and could not find those numbers all i found was-----rui ing---- on the bottom of the carb and a stamp 133 on the valve i searched that and got a brand of carbs but i don't know of there relationship with the ones on that link page i may be looking in the wrong place but i am pretty sure i have checked every possible location i will continue to look any help would apprecate
Old 11-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

It sounds like you got a knock-off carb also. Try the settings that are in the link that Hendrick gave you as a starting point.
BTW Hendrick, thanks for the link as I've been looking for one like that. I spent a lot of time on MGB trying to find theirs with no luck.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:48 AM
boatpro8898

thx for the help that's basically what I am trying have not gotten it yet but I am having better luck than before although still having to open the idle screw up although not as much before I installed the pump it was at least able to idle with a load the man problem is getting it to run in the water I end up tuning it okay on land and then I get it in the water and either it kills or after give t the sugar it kills andunlike before I cant seem to get t to idle high enough to keep it from killing well I will try the setting for the walbro carb as suggested thx
Old 11-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Ron Olson

Oh yeah, that idle screw, two directions for that.
1) Remove it.
2) Throw it as far as you can.
Your throttle trim will control the idle speed and allow you to shut the engine completely down. With the screw in and set at a high idle speed you probably won't be able to stop the engine.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:23 PM
HendricX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ron Olson
Hendrick, thanks for the link as I've been looking for one like that.
If I've found a whizz-kid that can make my new W-7 pc read my old XP harddrive , I can send you my collected files about needle-settings.

Send me your email-address in a PB .. OK ? (as I've lost my adressbook too) :-(

Stupid Microsoft

Last edited by HendricX; 11-08-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Ron Olson

PM sent. I haven't used the PM system in here since the "upgrade".
I'm kind of a computer idiot but there might be a way to transfer things over from your old one to the new one on CD or memory stick. My kid does a lot of work on my main one then transfers to my old one in his room which isn't hooked up to the `net on a stick. A computer shop might be able to transfer things over also. I really need ot put all of my pix and videos at least on CD in case this thing takes a dump.