Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Jrcbd?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 05:56 PM
mistycreekboats
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.modelgasboats.com/forum/1...start=90#23649

from Jim himself
Old 04-30-2014, 10:56 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Randy.
Tim i just dont get why you couldnt have just told us what you know,again this backs up what i and someone else said before about the RCBD clique,it seems like there most def is one and the rest of us just dont matter.Thats why i for one would rather if it did come back it was ran differently.Im just saying it as i see it based on my personal experiences.
Dont get me wrong i hope it does come back but changes need to be made.
Mart
Old 05-01-2014, 02:23 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mart its not really the dock, that sums up boating in general,Dont get me wrong im part of Boating. and I do not mean it in a bad way, but it does need to be addressed,jet rallies,plane fly in's, car racing and heli events are still doing well, there #'s go up and down and there prices are really more then boating,so why are we down to around 1000-1,100 (last numbers I herd) for IMPBA and NAMBA members? thats about half from 20 years ago.Is it because our hobby is just not that good? our products, boats, hardware engines? or our community in general? typical sweep this topic under the carpet response will be price,after running a hobby shop for 20 years and competing or participating in all categories, Boats are about the least expensive of all.I had more invested in my train collection then the price of a few gas boats.Then the next excuse is locations to run,Really? I think if guys can find places to fly 200 plus mph jets and 80lbs aircraft model boaters can find bodies of water to run in.I personally think we need to look at ourselves and how we conduct our operations as a community. there are plenty of good people in model boating. But we are certainly doing something wrong.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:06 AM
hendocap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by martno1fan
Thanks Randy.
Tim i just dont get why you couldnt have just told us what you know,again this backs up what i and someone else said before about the RCBD clique,it seems like there most def is one and the rest of us just dont matter.Thats why i for one would rather if it did come back it was ran differently.Im just saying it as i see it based on my personal experiences.
Dont get me wrong i hope it does come back but changes need to be made.
Mart
I didn't tell you what I know because I'm not a moderator of the JRCBD and thats how Rumors get started , I was just smart enough to figure it out for myself andsee what alberto was trying to do on Facebook and what happened to when he tried to bring the Dock back up This last time . All the Data was there, it's just gonna take some time. I have no affiliation with Jim, Dom . Mike. So your Clique backs straight up in the toilet. I'm just a member like everyone else.

Last edited by hendocap; 05-01-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Tom, you're in the business so you probably see more than I do. Dig through some old copies of RCBM and see the prices in there. Many prices have stayed the same of have gone down over the years despite the rise and fall of the Dollar. Is it the hassle of toting everything to a pond or driving hundreds of miles to an event? There are a lot of reasons why people are getting into or out of boats. This part of RC takes a lot of devotion.I got a phone call from someone around 11 this morning who really has his finger on the pulse of what's going on in RC boating. He told me to not believe half if not all of what's going on with The Dock and Alberto no matter where you read or heard of it at, including from Jim himself. I'm going to leave it at that to avoid any more speculation. The damage is bad enough through that Jim is digging money out of his own pocket and having vBulletin work on it also.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:34 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Ron, I apologize i do this often on the forums and and do not mean to I just read a post that makes me want to respond,I do think model boating could be a bigger part of R/C in general, we as a whole community just need to package it better. As far as the Dock goes, I think it is like coaching little league sports.And its a lot of work for the guys running it and a very thankless Job.There was a magazine called Hobby Retailer that had a article about weather a hobby shop should hire sales people or hobbyist,and the problem with hobbyist is they normally only care for there segment of said hobby,where salesmen just sell.I personally believe thats where some of the problem is with boating. most guys that operate clubs and forums are racers.Does not mean racers are bad but serious race are,WELL serious. And that is great for racing but not really great for selling model boats to the other 99% of people that just want to have fun.I really would like to see someone give this topic some thought while reconstructing the dock or any boat forum for that matter.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Steve Seebold 100

Originally Posted by expresscraft
Hey Ron, I apologize i do this often on the forums and and do not mean to I just read a post that makes me want to respond,I do think model boating could be a bigger part of R/C in general, we as a whole community just need to package it better. As far as the Dock goes, I think it is like coaching little league sports.And its a lot of work for the guys running it and a very thankless Job.There was a magazine called Hobby Retailer that had a article about weather a hobby shop should hire sales people or hobbyist,and the problem with hobbyist is they normally only care for there segment of said hobby,where salesmen just sell.I personally believe thats where some of the problem is with boating. most guys that operate clubs and forums are racers.Does not mean racers are bad but serious race are,WELL serious. And that is great for racing but not really great for selling model boats to the other 99% of people that just want to have fun.I really would like to see someone give this topic some thought while reconstructing the dock or any boat forum for that matter.
I remember Jim's before I was banned. It was a great place to go and a wealth of information could be had there. I just wonder how many raced from the drivers stand and how many raced from their keyboard.

I learned a lot by just reading, then someone fixed it so if you're not a member, you can't even get on to read.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Ron Olson

I race but I also enjoy just going out and messing around as the boats need to dialed in anyway and try new things with them. Late last summer I started running with some guys from a local RC plane club, a run wut ya brung bunch so there's a little bit of everything.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Paul M

Originally Posted by mistycreekboats
Sadly. Just another example of someone not doing what they said they would do. Ironically very much like some of the for sale forums going down the cr@pper on Jim's .

Alberto seems to have joined a long list of little boys that don't live up to their commitments these days.

I have had my share of things go bad in my life like everyone else here and I never was tempted to blow off people getting in contact with me especially when they were counting on something that I had promised

I have never understood why guys in addition to blowing off what they have committed to they don't even have the decency to say they have checked out. I don't understand how you ignore call after call after call.

If I was Jim, I would move on. Figure out what it would take to get someone who wasn't a "shade tree" IT guy and do it right. There are plenty of guys including myself that would toss a few bucks at this..

I will only call someone and leave messages a couple times before I make the decision that they don't want to talk to me and that they are not worth it if/when they eventually do,
Old 05-03-2014, 08:24 AM
BMAD01

I agree Paul but it's deeper than just walking away. Alberto has the latest copy of the Dock info in his possession! Here is a paragraph from Jim's message. Brian

Well the reason I did not enable the site at that point in time is the database was nearly a year old. Not sure what was going on but I believe the latest data was not properly backed up PRIOR to attempting to put the first patch on the system. An older copy of the database was installed on the system. Well that is bad but not completely down and out. I started to add the proper banner and things like that when I realized that the copy of the database was one that was still infected from the hacking last year. If I went into the admin control panel there were hidden links to the hacker control panel. I alerted Alberto that we needed the latest copy restored and he said not to worry about it as he had a backup. Since then he became more and more difficult to get in contact with.

Great!!.............
Old 05-05-2014, 10:28 AM
danielplace

Get your fix. http://www.thercboatdock.com
Old 05-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Ron Olson

Dan, give me a call if you still have my number. I'll give you some real dirt that I don't want to post on here.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:01 PM
danielplace

Originally Posted by Ron Olson
Dan, give me a call if you still have my number. I'll give you some real dirt that I don't want to post on here.
Just seen this. I am pretty sure I got your number but it is 11:00 pm is an old fart still awake at this hour ? Yea, besides I want to talk to you about driveline setups. Lol.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:26 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron Olson
Lol there it goes again ,clique lol.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:58 AM
Ron Olson

Yeah, usually this old fart is up at 11 and usually a few hours beyond. Yeah, I'd love to talk about my driveline theory with you.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:38 PM
ByronRC
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by danielplace
Is this the latest version of the dock? Or is this a completely new forum?

Last edited by ByronRC; 05-08-2014 at 12:40 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 05-08-2014, 01:32 PM
danielplace

Originally Posted by ByronRC
Is this the latest version of the dock? Or is this a completely new forum?
Old 05-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Nosedragger

Never saw such a bunch of rubbish in my life. Don't believe the forum owner? I'm sure the owner is the most reliable source of info rather than the forums and hearsay.

Its like jr high with a bunch of girls- "well suzy said that she heard..." give me a break. Bunch of drama queens.

oh I forgot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bufTna0WArc
Old 05-09-2014, 03:19 PM
danielplace

DRAMA ? read above post

What is up with that?

So Dusty put up the site and say's it is what it is and comments like that. What does it all mean?

Last edited by danielplace; 05-09-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:46 PM
hendocap

Originally Posted by Nosedragger
Never saw such a bunch of rubbish in my life. Don't believe the forum owner? I'm sure the owner is the most reliable source of info rather than the forums and hearsay.

Its like jr high with a bunch of girls- "well suzy said that she heard..." give me a break. Bunch of drama queens.

oh I forgot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bufTna0WArc
Talk about "Drama Queen" !! Look in the Mirror. Hope that made you feel better with your little Rant. Go eat a Snickers