Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

systems cat ???

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

systems cat ???

Old 03-20-2014, 06:51 PM
magnum500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default systems cat ???

anyone build systems cat from expresscraft ???
Old 03-20-2014, 11:39 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best look quick if you want one of those as Tom is selling up.
Mart
Old 03-21-2014, 03:37 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its for sale but we are still building boats,if it sells the buyer will have to wait for us to finish any thing we have started, the sale of expresscraft will not happen over night, until then we are on a bout a 10 day shipping from time payment is received,the problem with overseas orders is the shipping, I have no more info on this problem then anyone else, right now most of my oversea's customers find a shipper in the usa that ships to there country and i simply ship it to that US address. and of course there is always fedx for a good 1,000.00 in shipping for a large box going over seas.My last big boat going to canada was 180.00 fed x. plus the 350.00 for a 60" carbon fiber boat, thats still a great price and the shipping would be the same from anyone else.

Last edited by expresscraft; 03-21-2014 at 03:41 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:30 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Tom last hull i shipped to States from UK cost arround $200 thats for a 58" apache,not too bad really.Picked up from my door and delivered to Miami Florida,also sent a few hulls to Canada.
Id be very interested in some of your moulds,cant buy the whole lot as i dont have the room .
Mart
Old 03-21-2014, 08:23 AM
expresscraft

I understand on the shipping to the usa, you can get a rtr proboat from china for 800.00 that includes the shipping here, but for me to ship a hull out of the usa its crazy high, does not make any sense at all.I really can't give the ok on any more molds as expresscraft is for sale and for all i know I could be shipping a container to you side of the pond. anyways thanks for everything
Old 03-21-2014, 05:45 PM
magnum500

so are there any build pics of this boat ? what is the cut off point for ordering ?
Old 03-22-2014, 04:51 AM
expresscraft

Expresscraft is just up for sale,it is not been sold, so for now and for who knows how long we are running and building boats as normal, we have a 10 day build time after payment is received, there is a( boat is born) tab on our web site expresscraft.com that shows how our boats are built, its a thunderbolt and not a systems cat, but you will see we do a nice job and simply by the amount of hulls we have pictured,not even a fraction of what we have built over the years we have a lot of experience in model boat building.We like to think we have the best value in model boating when it comes to hulls,we do not cut corners to build a cheaper boat, but we also do not spend three times as much on materiel that will give very little advantage over what we are building now,There are better built boats but they start off at twice our prices sometimes much more then that with very little advantage if any over ours, I'm sales pitching the sale of expresscraft and how we have stayed a float for 23 years as much as answering your question.These are pictures of a 60" cougar cat, same hull as the systems just a different hatch, we build this carbon fiber boat and the systems for 350.00,we will install 5" standard rails, this one was getting twins put in and that wood work will be up to the builder.we do not do twin rails,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cougar cat 003.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	1980388   Click image for larger version

Name:	cougar cat 001.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	1980389   Click image for larger version

Name:	cougar cat 002.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	1980390   Click image for larger version

Name:	cougar cat 004.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1980391   Click image for larger version

Name:	restore 003.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	1980392   Click image for larger version

Name:	restore 002.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1980393   Click image for larger version

Name:	cougar cat 005.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	1980394  
Old 03-22-2014, 05:48 AM
magnum500

I've seen the boats out there. I always thought the quality was excellent . Sad to see you get out of the biz , but I guess after 20 yrs it may be time to enjoy a margarita under the palm tree . Back to the hull , I like the carbon boat build. What would the weight savings be on that ? Who knows maybe the molds will end up in Canada .
Old 03-23-2014, 05:39 AM
expresscraft

There really is no savings in weight,we use to build our boats with 1 layer of 1.5 oz mat and 6 oz cloth under the engine rail area,after building boats like this (pretty std lay up) for years with great results, the RCMK inline came out, we put one in a thunderbolt and started tearing up the hull in about 6 weeks of use,I was not ok with that, so we got rid of the 6 oz cloth and replaced it with 5.8oz carbon backing all the parts,we rebuild the thunderbolt with the inline, 26 lbs. 84 mph and we took home the first ever 1st place ribbon ever given for a twin rigger class in namba and impba, and we did with a cat. from a manufacture that is not known for racing. there were 6 twin riggers running that weekend in distric 3 so it was a nice win.with the new 29.9 cc motors and inlines ect, props are not the only thing outdated, but lay ups from the 1980's are also not up to par,that original carbon thunderbolt is still running 3 years later with the new build,when you have the horse power there is a certain amount of weight needed to make a boat work well,maybe for a SAW boat light is right might work,but for rough water generated by multiple boats or just playing in the rough stuff you need weight. i will add this info as well, on that 26 lb boat with the inline, 40 oz of that 26 lbs was added to the nose to get her to run right, so the weight of the hull did not hurt anything.there is no arguing the results.weather people agree with them or not. I would guesstamate the systems 60" boat will come in at 13 or so lbs,but keep in mind how much air that hull will pack under it,with todays motors,even the singles it will absolutely fly.and the weight will be a good thing.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:40 PM
magnum500

Thanks for the great info , I was thinking maybe fast electric. I have others in gas , no more nitro boats for me I don't even own one anymore , noise is a growing concern it seems nowadays.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:43 AM
expresscraft

there are some 11 hp or so motors available in electric,250.00 there about, 12s battery pack,200-250.00 again or so, and a hydra ice 200HV ESC for around 350.00 that are a great comparison in price with even more HP then a modified gas motor with a good pipe.these set ups will push a big boat just fine, never a issue with electric fitting in tight spots either.