Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Gas mono 48in

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Gas mono 48in

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 08:52 AM
airboatcar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas mono 48in

Help me want to race this boat what motor do i need
Old 02-17-2020, 11:28 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by airboatcar
What boat manufacturer ? Pics of it would help,from top, bottom, sides and transom.

Last edited by Tidnab; 02-17-2020 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 04:02 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Speedmaster hardware, speedmaster hardware if you want the best stuff or Zippkits, www,zippkits.com had good parts.
For engines you have some choices. If you want to run in IMPBA Super-Stock you just need a stock Zenoah 260.
In Ohio you have Rick at https://www.mastonsrcmarine.com/ as a source.
Modified engines at www.gizmomotors.com .
Old 06-01-2020, 03:17 AM
Yaro

Originally Posted by airboatcar
i would use 27 to 30 cc modified engine if you want to go fast. You need to use good setup with it and proleller from Dasboata or COCR racing propellers or other good ones.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:37 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Yaro
i would use 27 to 30 cc modified engine if you want to go fast. You need to use good setup with it and proleller from Dasboata or COCR racing propellers or other good ones.
Since he plans on racing, the issue here isn't what motor will make his boat fast, it's what class will his motor put his boat in? Here are the classes:
1) LSG27 Up to 1.647 cid maximum (27.0 cc maximum)
2) LSG36 Up to 2.196 cid maximum (36.0 cc maximum)
3) TLSG64 The intent of this engine class is to utilize either a single motor with two fully functional cylinders, or with two separate fully functional single cylinder gas engines
  • The minimum displacement for each cylinder will be no less than 15cc for each cylinder with a combined total of 30cc.
  • The maximum displacement for each cylinder must not exceed 32cc for each cylinder with combined total of 64cc.
These are all listed in the IMPBA rule book along with info on racing procedures, course requirements and all the rest of the "need to know" information

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 06-05-2020 at 02:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Yaro (06-06-2020)
Old 06-11-2020, 12:29 AM
Yaro

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Since he plans on racing, the issue here isn't what motor will make his boat fast, it's what class will his motor put his boat in? Here are the classes:
1) LSG27 Up to 1.647 cid maximum (27.0 cc maximum)
2) LSG36 Up to 2.196 cid maximum (36.0 cc maximum)
3) TLSG64 The intent of this engine class is to utilize either a single motor with two fully functional cylinders, or with two separate fully functional single cylinder gas engines
  • The minimum displacement for each cylinder will be no less than 15cc for each cylinder with a combined total of 30cc.
  • The maximum displacement for each cylinder must not exceed 32cc for each cylinder with combined total of 64cc.
These are all listed in the IMPBA rule book along with info on racing procedures, course requirements and all the rest of the "need to know" information
sorry but not everyone live in USA ..other countrys have diferent classes boats...
Old 06-11-2020, 03:28 AM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by Yaro
sorry but not everyone live in USA ..other countrys have diferent classes boats...
I understand that, you live in Ireland but, in airboatcar's case, he lives in Ohio which is part of the United States. He therefore falls under the rules I stated in my last post while you do not. My post does still stand, however. His choice of motor will determine which class he would race his boat in so just saying "this will make your boat fast" doesn't apply as others will be using the same motor he does, bringing it back to boat set up as well as driver skill and strategy

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 06-11-2020 at 03:30 AM.
Old 06-11-2020, 04:26 AM
Yaro

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
I understand that, you live in Ireland but, in airboatcar's case, he lives in Ohio which is part of the United States. He therefore falls under the rules I stated in my last post while you do not. My post does still stand, however. His choice of motor will determine which class he would race his boat in so just saying "this will make your boat fast" doesn't apply as others will be using the same motor he does, bringing it back to boat set up as well as driver skill and strategy
ok mr Know Everything
Old 06-11-2020, 06:13 AM
Hydro Junkie

I don't know everything, just stating what the rule book says. Then again, I do race nitro boats so I might be speaking form experience on the set up, strategy and skill part