Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Need help for an old homie

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Need help for an old homie

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Gatorboatman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help for an old homie

• Recently snapped off my last homelite exhaust flange running hard all day in choppy water. I still have several enforcer factory pro mod 30's with low hours, and I just love the torque from these for playing in the waves. The part I need is the aluminum cast flange that mounts to the cylinder and transitions to 7/8ths round. Any info on someone who might have NOS or used parts for my old homie's would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:14 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Member Butch T on here used to have a few parts.You can PM him on RCU or his last email that I have is [email protected]
Old 06-16-2014, 05:48 PM
Gatorboatman

Hey thanks! I really like these motors and access to any parts is great. I have two air cooled 25's in gator hulls and two pro mod 30's in the old supersport hulls. All were barn or basement finds, barely used.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:18 PM
Tidnab

I also still run Homelites.I had a mod 30cc,but sold it and now have a 25cc and 30cc,both stock,but water cooled.I also have a 25cc that is full mod and converted to a full crank engine by chipbreakr(Jim Johnson).I'm working on getting it into a 52" hull right now.I've had stock and mod Zenoahs,and 26cc and 27cc Sikks,but I sold all them.Some were new and some were used in boats.I've always kept the Homelites,plus I get McCullochs,Stihls and other brands and either convert or sell them to be converted into airplane or airboat engines,I have a couple of 25cc Homelites that have electric starters,which I don't know what I'll do with yet.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Gatorboatman

Its great to hear that I am not the only one that still appreciates what Tony C and Enforcer started for us many years ago! I did not have any luck contacting Butch T through that email address, so I called Bruce at Enforcer/Bonzi. Low and behold they were able to provide not one but two exhaust flanges for my old homies! I also had him ship me the new style expansion chamber for the wet tuned exhaust, it is much lighter than the old one. Perhaps I can avoid breaking any more flanges with the reduced weight of the system supported by the flange. This is my first year with large scale gas boats, and from what I have seen nobody builds their boats as well as Enforcer. I have a brand new pum29 with the enforcer wet tuned exhaust.modified 257,new style clutch and tail shaft assy, and some moderate port work ready to go when one of my Homies is used up. I hope I never have to install it! Anyone out there that reads this post and has old homelite parts or Enforcer parts that they are not using please contact me, I am a buyer. Anyone that reads this post that lives in southeast Michigan and wants to get together and run boats, I live on Cass lake and need some competition. All we have seen so far are nitro's and electric's, its just no fun when you have to worry about crushing and grinding up these little boats when they cross in front of you! I understand they all have there place, but not alongside my gas boats.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Tidnab

Marine Specialties has parts for Homelites,exhausts,water cooled maniflods,and other parts.I tried their site ,but it wouldn't come up.It's either down or gone. Their last phone was 713-468-6070. Also John Eells who use dto have Major Smackdown site, still has parts for Homelites,such as tuned pipes in stainless and aluminum,maniflods and headers. He said if he doesn't have any in stock and has the material he could make it.He also has some Homelite and John Deere engines left over.His email is [email protected].
Old 06-24-2014, 05:12 PM
Tidnab

Marine Specialties has parts for Homelites,exhausts,water cooled maniflods,and other parts.I tried their site ,but it wouldn't come up.It's either down or gone. Their last phone was 713-468-6070. Also John Eells who used to have the Major Smackdown site, still has parts for Homelites,such as tuned pipes in stainless and aluminum,maniflods and headers. He said if he doesn't have any in stock and has the material he could make it.He also has some Homelite and John Deere engines left over.His email is [email protected].He can also be contacted on the Flying Giants site under user name , Major Smackdown.
Butch T can be contacted through Jims R/C Boat Dock.

Last edited by Tidnab; 06-24-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Tidnab

The Marine Specialties site is back up again http://www.marinespecialties-rc.com/