Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

expresscraft Boat hulls

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

expresscraft Boat hulls

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 05:40 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello I enjoyed our conversation as well, My wife was messing with me about our 2 hour plus call, She was like did you get a new girl friend or what. She has a good sense of humor like that. I have already pulled out the plugs for the thunderbolt.I have to get some tooling gel. I already have a few standard hatch molds so I am going to make a mold for the Inline Twin so we do not have to scratch build it. It will be a good Time working with you. Your buddy has already contacted me about a electric build .
the changes to the new hatch will be a extension of the scoop on top, to allow forward placement of motor. pipe exit for 2nd pipe. and large scoop added to feed those carbs with lots of fresh air.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	7894148_orig.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	2123155   Click image for larger version

Name:	4631733_orig.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	281.7 KB
ID:	2123156   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gf68063.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	2123157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc79607.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	2123158   Click image for larger version

Name:	5303358_orig.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	2123159   Click image for larger version

Name:	222293_207503772615146_7491340_n.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	2123160   Click image for larger version

Name:	302922_275403839158472_1335344511_n.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	2123161  
Old 10-02-2015, 10:00 AM
jonesjj3
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny you say that about your wife as my wife said almost the same thing, she is pretty good about this whole RC thing. The mold for the inline twin sounds like a great idea, is it possible to hide both the tune pipes in the hull with the thunderbolt.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:18 AM
expresscraft

I just finished a thunderbolt and i do not think i will make new molds for the hull, just the twin hatch. when we spoke the other night I thought about it because there were styrine burns in the mold that really show bad on the black tooling gel. but on the white parts you can barley see them and more importantly these boats are meant to be painted as even with a new set of molds there will be a external seam that will need some work. the pay off for new molds is just not there.this boat was just assembled this week end and i am pretty happy with it. I think the seam work needed is a minimum chore for anyone willing to build there own boat. I do not think both pipes will fit in the boat with the inline twin. I am going to make the twin hatch mold though.

Name:	thunderbolt seam 001.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	2123766   Click image for larger version

Name:	thunderbolt seam 002.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	2123767   Click image for larger version

Name:	thunderbolt seam 003.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	2123768  
Old 10-05-2015, 09:31 AM
expresscraft

Also wanted to mention what you get when you buy a expresscraft boat, We have had a great relationship for 20 plus years with Al at Toxic marine. When i send my customers to him they get a nice savings on some of the best modified motors you can buy. When you combine that to the great value you get in our hulls they are simply un-beatable. Take a look at the attension to details you get with his awesome power plants. Aluminum iso block, counter sunk carb bolts, air cool fins removed, E-Z starters, when using a water pump he puts the pressure tap on the crankcase and ads a second set of nipples to the turned down water jacket. So you have one set that uses the pump and one set if for a direct flow in case there is ever a issue with your water pump. These are just the details on the out side of the motor that show his pride in his work without cutting corners, these are as good of modified motors as you can buy at any price. We do not sell them, But when i call Al and send him our customer buying our hull he gives them a great deal. This is part of what you get when you buy from people that care about growing the hobby and have been doing it for 25 years.

Name:	toxic motors 001.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	2123770   Click image for larger version

Name:	toxic motors 002.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	2123771   Click image for larger version

Name:	toxic motors 003.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	2123772   Click image for larger version

Name:	toxic motors 004.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	2123773   Click image for larger version

Name:	toxic motors 005.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	2123774  
Old 02-24-2016, 07:17 PM
Alrobbie

I E-Mailed Tom a few days ago to see if he's still making Expresscraft boats and he said he just suffered a Stroke after the new year. So lets all say a prayer for Tom because Tom and his Wife really made some nice boats and he needs to get back on his feet and enjoy life down there in Florida and maybe run some of his boats. Allen from Justice, IL
Old 02-29-2016, 09:40 AM
expresscraft

thank you for the good thoughts,I wrecked on my motorcycle, I broke my chest plate and all of the ribs on my right side as well as my right shoulder. I sent one rib into a lung and one into a liner that your heart is in, I do not even know what it is called. I also put one of the metal foot pegs into my right calf. 2 days later that wound sent a blood clot into my brain and that was the stroke.I have most of the physical damage behind me but the stroke damage is still here and making things hard. I am happy to be able to now walk out to the shop and get on my computer. I am selling Expresscrsft boats for what it will easily do in one year.as bad as that might sound I did get my bike started up though...LOL. I am only checking my e-mails every few days so do not get upset with me please.
Old 02-29-2016, 01:47 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good to hear you are back up and at it Tom. Those bikes will be the death of you mate!! But life is too short I guess! All the best with your recovery!
Old 02-29-2016, 04:45 PM
Alrobbie

Tom what did you run into that did so much damage? A few years ago my older bother T-Boned a car that pulled out in front of his motorcycle and he flew over the car and hit the road. He was loaded with blood clots and had lots of pain. He's OK now but he was a big boy he said he didn't even bounce. Now that you are retired and once you get well get those boats out and in the water. It's still cold here and a snow storm is on it's way for tomorrow. My pond is no longer ice covered so maybe April I can get out there. Allen in Justice, IL
Old 03-01-2016, 09:41 AM
expresscraft

I hit the earth at 53mph with the bike on top of me the earth always wins, I have road raced for a lot of years and crashing is just part of it. the physical damage is pretty much behind me except for getting comfy at sleep time. the stroke issues are still a hurdle but thanks again for the good wishes.I do not take them for granted.Dan at Bonzi might be buying Expresscraft soon. then I will be in IL.

Last edited by expresscraft; 03-01-2016 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Glad to hear you're recovering. Nothing worse than to read about good people passing for whatever reason. What happened to you is the main reason I've never taken up riding motorcycles. I've had several relatives injured to varying degrees due to accidents while riding and decided I'll stick to four wheels instead.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Alrobbie

Tom you're right it's that sudden stop that always causes the problem. I pray for you to be ok and get well soon, let me know when you are back to 100% again. Do you go to a VA Hospital there in florida I know your a vet I go to Hines VA Hospital here in Illinois. I was there yesterday, today and going again Thursday. Allen
Old 03-02-2016, 07:49 AM
expresscraft

VA is almost a new subject but I do use them and my doctors are great it is the VA I HAVE A BIG THOUGHT ON.Ok say you are a private doctor and you have set cures for what fixes your patients. If a new company made new pills would you try them over what has been working? I think pill companies donate money to politicians that get there new pill used by the va, that makes that pill go to 1% of the population over night. the pills get paid for by tax dollars and they can not be sued if they cause a problem,also if another politician said it was a scam his career would be over because they would say he is against vets. I have hypertension I got when i was in the Marines, stage 4 kidney failer from it. Diabetes with other problems. my last 5 years have been tough. the va will give me all the pills I want. over 1,100 prescriptions in 6 years.this summer i saw the pharmacist. he took off a lot of my pills and said some should be taken at night some in the morning. In 3 weeks I felt a lot better also got my a1c down to where it was supposed to be, He did not cure my health problems. He cured my medicine problem. I got heart stints put in last year at tampa VA. kidney doctor is at orlando VA. So i see lots of doctors, they all have access to my medical records. so we are talking teams of medical people. No body has evr mentioned my biggest problems were the pill subscriptions. I take the pain from wrecks and never pain meds. so I am not a junkie just part of what i feel is a scam.If you served in the military it was probably for starting off poor. if you got out and use the VA we are still probably poor. and we are test subjects for the pharmaceutical companies that are one of the few scams that can afford tv commercials all the time. Just my thoughts and i could be wrong.
Old 03-02-2016, 06:14 PM
Alrobbie

I really like Hines Hospital this week I have three different doctors to see and it seems to me that what ever you need they will get it for you. Ten years ago i had a blood clot in my leg and needed some syringes to tin out my blood and they didn't have them so they sent a currier to go to a medical supply house to pick it up while I waited for it. i had to self inject myself and it worked i didn't have to stay in the hospital. I also had three knee replacements and I'm also qualified for Dental, just got three crowns and a root cannel this winter. i even dropped my health insurance many years ago. but I know the pills they give are the generic brands seem to work OK. Allen
Old 03-03-2016, 06:59 AM
expresscraft

please do not get me wrong my local VA has been very good but I think the VA system they have to work for has problems. It is like working for a corparation that your direct boss on a local level has his hands tied.I have been to private hospitals that are worse then the VA.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:01 PM
Alrobbie

Tom I will post some of my boat you built for me two years ago as soon as I get the pictures back into the computer from the camera. Allen
Old 03-05-2016, 10:56 AM
expresscraft

Thanks I love to see customers pictures of our boats. The enjoyment that others get from what we build is my biggest pay off. I do not know if I will recover from the stroke damage or not. I am having a very hard time with it. I have talked with Dan at Bonzi sports and he my be buying Expresscraft from me. If he does not come through I will try to get it in the hands of someone good as soon as I can.right now I am very thankful to be getting around at all and thinking straight. Brain damage is SO hard to explain. I do not wish it on anyone.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Alrobbie

Tom I got all my pictures reloaded back into the computer after i had a problem with it months ago. Here are the pictures of my Seahawk right after I finished it. I sure do hope you get better soon. -i do not know how to post them here so you will have to hit on My Gallery to see my pictures. Allen
Old 03-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Alrobbie

Tom, Those are Quickdraw 30.5 + 2MM 9HP engines they really have a strong sound and are very powerful in the water, So far I have not checked the speed but will do so this spring. Allen

Last edited by Alrobbie; 04-08-2016 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:28 AM
expresscraft

quick draws are great motors. you will have lots of fun.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:58 AM
expresscraft

I have a big favor to ask the guys looking at this thread, My health is keeping me down, i am trying to get Dan at Bonzi boats to buy Expresscraft and get our hulls available again. he dors not post on the forums so I would love him to see the interest in our boats so a call to bonzi would be great. i do plan to keep posting and helping anyone with any troubles on any boat they have like I have done for a long time. 20 plus years building expresscraft up I do want to see it end up in good hands.Thanks Tom
Old 03-19-2016, 09:22 AM
Alrobbie

i going to send a message to him right now Tom. I guess he is the owner of Bonzi Sports? Allen
Old 04-08-2016, 06:30 PM
Alrobbie

Tom, I see your web site has been shut down so does that mean you may have sold it? I did E-mail Dan at Bonzi and he said that it was just a rumor about him buying Expresscraft Boats. It would have been nice for him to buy it. Allen
Old 04-12-2016, 08:59 AM
expresscraft

My graphics card went bad in my computer so I have not been on for a while but I fixed it now.some hopeful good news I think I might have a investor and we will be changing running Expresscraft like a hobby and go into running it as a business. Doing orders as they come in does not compare to having boats in stock shipping the same day they are ordered,I do have a laminator that started his fiberglass shop in my 2 car garage 20 years ago. we have been friend sll of these years and
he knows my health is in the way but not in the way to manage and talk and help people with getting what they want. We will be able to build and have in stock ready to runs that will be standard builds and we will still do special orders most customers do not tell me what they want part by part we talk and they tell me what they are after and they take my advice,I will use that same experience to build our stock and of course we will still do what customers want, I plan to grow the electric side of the house as that is the future of even big boats.In the past I did not have the capital to get the help needed, selling our boats has never been the problem it has always been keeping up with the work.We have air boats, sail boats and scale boats from the molds we got from sea ray that will all just grow the hobby and our business, I will be looking for builders, lamination is covered and that is the hardest part, this move also adds lots of work space by laminating being done across town.My shop here will just be for building and shipping and of course me taking orders.Cross your fingers guys if this works then quality gas and electric boats will only be a phone call away.weather you will be a customer or not it will grow our hobby and that is my #1 goal.for any potential investors I have never lost money in the hobby business health has been my only problem and that has only been from doing it all, It will not keep me from getting it done, I hope the man I am talking to now comes through.
No hard feeling towards Dan but if this does fall into place he will be wishing he bought us out, ether way we will always be good to each other.thank you guys for giving him a ring.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:13 PM
expresscraft

It is funny that there is a world of warships ad here, now that my pc is fixed i am updated my game right now. it and world of tanks are great games
Old 04-13-2016, 06:49 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by expresscraft
It is funny that there is a world of warships ad here, now that my pc is fixed i am updated my game right now. it and world of tanks are great games
theres no hope for the ads on this site Tom. Here is the one i am currently seeing

Name:	bb833f9abe1dd4f749ac95154f597e08.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	2157149  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.