Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Proboat rockstar

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Proboat rockstar

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 11:26 AM
Powerpooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proboat rockstar

What y'all think about the proboat rockstar 48 saw one last night it's pretty awsome does anybody get to play with one lately
matt
Old 01-15-2015, 01:21 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Have only seen pictures of it. It is IMO just another Proboat from the looks of things. They cut costs in plenty of areas to bring a product to market at a lower upfront cost. But in the long run there will likely be more $$ and work required to repair cost cutting measures from the factory. Things like insufficient glassing, inadequate reinforcing, low quality hardware, leaky radio boxes, heavy exhausts that might cause motor damage, poor trim/hardware mounting alignment to name a few. As I say. I have no first hand experience with this particular boat and these might all be non existent issues with the cat - but it would be a first for Proboat if that were the case.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:59 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I haven't seen any RTR boat yet that hasn't had their little tics. Some are easy fixes, others more costly.
ProBoat has shown 2 different versions of this, one with an onboard starting system and the other with just a pull-starter. I'd rather have a pull-starter as these engines aren't that difficult to start and the onboard starter is added weight and another more thing to go wrong. The Dynamite/CY/Sikk engine does have more HP and RPM out-of-the-box than a stock 260 Zenoah but over-all the Zen is a better engine.
They seem to have taken care of the rudder issues as all of their gas and nitro boats previously had them. It's still a lot of money for a play boat as it can't be race competitive.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:29 AM
Powerpooper

We'll then I guess I'll be going to whh the team pro is my choice now thanks
Old 01-22-2015, 06:43 PM
xanaphyst
My Feedback: (17)

I picked one up last week and I like it a lot. Keep in mind this is my first gas boat as I have only had a few nitro outboards before this. Mine came with pull start already installed so I guess the factory is not using the ROSS stuff anymore.
I only run it behind my house on the lake as I do not race. For me it was exactly what I was looking for. It starts and runs with no problems and the performance is exciting enough.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:57 AM
SteveM
My Feedback: (1)

I had a chance to see one in person at Great Hobbies the other day and it looks very impressive. Construction was clean and crisp and the motor and hardware all look top notch.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:15 AM
alvinm

I Just picked up one last week. Seems like Horizon has the best price on these at the moment. Mine has the pull start as well and having several 1/5 gas trucks, its what I'd prefer. I've been pretty patient getting familiar with everything and balancing the prop before its maiden voyage. I like the fact that the pipe has some type of baffling since I plan on using it primarily in my backyard and I don't want to bother the neighbors. Its huge next to my Aquacraft Motley Crew!
Old 02-16-2015, 04:51 PM
alvinm

Took it out yesterday for the first time. Over all, I'm pretty impressed. Took a while to get it started though. Apparently it requires some serious priming to get it to fire. Even during break-in, it wanted to jump out of the water from just a quick blip of the throttle. I called Horizon regarding the two water cooling outlets. The one for the head has a visible stream of water, but the one for the pipe there's nothing. When you check the line, you can see water in it. The tech guy said they've had several calls about the same thing, but he said it was normal that the pipe outlet doesn't flow as much water. The only other complaint is having to disassemble so much in order to grease the shaft. I guess I'm spoiled with the electric boats which only have a collet with a setscrew that holds the shaft.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:50 PM
Bolio32

Any boat with a water cooled engine and a clutch needs a water pump .... a quick fix to the uneven flow is to install a 2 in 2 out water pump available at www.bonzisports.com ... by running both water lines through the pump (1 from the bottom of the left sponson which has poor pick up and 1 from the rudder which is pretty good) both pick ups equalize pressure and send water flow equally to both the cylinder and the exhaust ... after installing the 2i2o pump you will see equal flow out of both outlets ...
here is a link to the pump ... http://www.bonzisports.com/store/wal...ump-p-439.html