Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

1/8 miss bud questions.

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

1/8 miss bud questions.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:37 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8 miss bud questions.

I bought a miss bud needs an engine, remote, turn fin and some steering parts. cant find replacement parts from proboat other then the engine. if anyone can recommend a good remote and a place I can get hardware for the boat would be great. should I just replace engine with stock or go with a performance type engine?
Old 05-28-2015, 06:26 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I'd look at Accu-Tech for the turn fin, Speedmaster or Accu-Tech for the rudder assembly and using a stock Zenoah 260. The addresses are listed below for all but the engines:
http://www.accu-techrchardware.com/accu-techhydro.html
http://www.rossisales.com/
Old 05-30-2015, 07:12 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The ugly truth. I hope that you got it really cheap. The reason being is that I have an idea that the previous owner stripped all of the good stuff off to put into a better boat.
Pro Boat wants waaaaaaaaaaay too much for a stock Zenoah. www.gizmomotors.com has probably the best price right now for them right now. They also have great prices on modified engines. Check them out for running hardware also.
I buy a lot of my hardware from www.zippkits.com .
The really hard part to get is going to be the exhaust header without having to cut into the cowling.