Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Exceed 26cc Performance Boat? Opinions and advice for newb!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Exceed 26cc Performance Boat? Opinions and advice for newb!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 07:56 PM
bassin02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed 26cc Performance Boat? Opinions and advice for newb!

Hi guys! I'm new to the forums here at RCU and I have some questions. I am looking to get into gas boats but have a little issues choosing some equipment. http://joplin.craigslist.org/tag/5698656250.html this guy told me he would take $200 for this boat. Now as a gas boat, being $200, I'm figuring that even though this boat may be the dreaded exceed brand, you can't really go wrong with it. The transmitter, receiver, and receiver battery aren't really an issue but I'm thinking I could replace the junk stock hardware with grim racer or some other higher quality hardware. The guy said the engine fires up and works fantastic and even though I know it's not the fastest, I'm not into racing and just wanna have fun and hang out at the lake or pond. I am needing some advice as I frankly don't know **** about what I'm talking about What is your guys opinion on it? Should I jump on this boat or wait for something better to come along? Is it even possible to find an Aquacraft rio 51z in the $250 to $300 range? If not this boat or the rio, what are some other things for me to watch out for? Thanks in advance, JD
Old 07-27-2016, 10:33 PM
mistycreekboats
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a pretty good starter boat for the price - looks like Warehouse Hobbies and a Homie (Homelight) good play boat - no rocket but good bang for buck if it runs

Very clean anyway

JMO

WHH
http://enforcerrcboats.com/hulls
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	00e0e_2JbKPpnO6Yw_600x450.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	2174668   Click image for larger version

Name:	00i0i_cFSn5paSHrJ_600x450.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	2174669   Click image for larger version

Name:	00s0s_8m0DYTafE3X_600x450.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	2174670   Click image for larger version

Name:	00707_4QRrtPFlWG7_600x450.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	2174671  

Last edited by mistycreekboats; 07-27-2016 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:54 PM
w3bby

Does indeed look like a Super G from Warehouse Hobbies... But not...
Exceed made one, thread here.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:01 AM
bassin02

Is it a good buy for $200? I'm guessing I could always upgrade the hardware and make some upgrades to the engine. Even though it's exceed he says it runs great. I was a little skeptical at first and I still kinda am. Going to talk to some buddies at my local rc powerboat club this Sunday. I won't do any deals until then. Just so they can give their opinions too and help me even more. Thanks in advance for any and all replies, JD
Old 07-28-2016, 12:34 PM
mistycreekboats
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks to worth 200 (does say OBO) maybe 150 ?
- IF IT RUNS ............ it's OK but they are thin I heard

Zoom Zoom

Last edited by mistycreekboats; 07-28-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:40 PM
bassin02

I'm sure it runs lol guy said it hasn't given him any trouble. Now the next question... is it worth driving 2-3 hours for? I really want a big gas boat but still debating on this one. I hear exceed has fairly bad parts support. Would the parts for the Rio 51z fit this boat? Same relative size and beam. Thanks guys, JD
Old 07-28-2016, 12:41 PM
bassin02

It was $250 obo and I got him down to $200 (took me awhile because he was a little proud of his boat lol)
Old 07-30-2016, 03:35 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

First off, you have to remember the following rules of selling anything:
1) It's always in mint condition or as close to as pictures will allow the seller to claim it to be
2) Always price it to at least DOUBLE it's actual value since, per P. T. Barnam, a sucker is born every minute
3) Never admit it's not as good as the the original it's copied or splashed from( in this case, an Enforcer hull)
4) Make sure that the pictures only show what's good, never show anything that detracts from looks or value
5) Always be willing to haggle A LITTLE. If the first person won't take it at close to asking price, someone else will

Now, let's look at the rules for buying anything used:
1) Always expect the item to be overpriced
2) Always remember that nothing is as it appears in pictures since they can and probably are photo-shopped until proven otherwise
3) Always remember that the person is selling it for a reason, in this case, could it be it poor running engine, cracks in the hull, etc
4) Always ask yourself "What are the hidden costs going to be after I get it home?" Think, in this case about a new radio, new hardware, possible new engine and exhaust depending on what you actually find
5) Is it possible to get parts or service for it from a reputable source if needed? In this case, a modded unknown engine may not be something that you can get parts for. Someone said it was a Homie, but is it really? Until you can actually see what is in it, be skeptical about everything
6) Is it worth my time and money to go to the seller's home? You have to remember that, once you arrive, you're on his turf and have to play by his rules since you've already spent time and gas to get there and he knows you're interested, giving him the upper hand

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 07-30-2016 at 03:41 PM.