Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

VANTEX Driven Plate Assembly

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

VANTEX Driven Plate Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 03:27 AM
CaptainFlibble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VANTEX Driven Plate Assembly

Hi,

I’m new to gas engines and think I may have brought the wrong one. The engine I brought was a GP026 but its output is tapered with a square female collect (VANTEX Driven Plate Assembly GP026 10), I need it to output a standard 1/4" round collect chuck for a Zenoah engine. Is this possible by removing bell on the clutch and replacing it with another one? I've looked into changing the clutch all together but can’t find one that will fit the engine, is there any way I can fix this?

Many thanks Joe

Last edited by CaptainFlibble; 08-19-2016 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:27 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the forum.

Might find it easier to either replace the cable with a square drive cable or pick up a square drive adapter that will fit into the square drive and fit over the round cable (though cable may need to be shortened).

Matt

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	272694188_tp.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	2177548  

Last edited by Justaddwata; 08-19-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:31 AM
CaptainFlibble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my slow one. I should have been more specific the issue is that I’m trying to couple my engine to the jet drive with a solid shaft. I have a coupler that goes from 7mm to 5mm this to connect to the Jet drive that is 7mm that leaves me with a 5mm male shaft output. My issue is connecting the 1 / 4” square female collect to the 5mm shaft, ideally I would like it to be a solid shaft rather than a flexible one allowing me to secure the shaft with grub screws rather than being soldered in place.

I have looked at a number of solutions the first is to use a connector like the one below and cut it to a suitable size, with a 1 / 4” square steel bar linking the two.

The next part is connecting the two shafts (1 / 4” to 5mm), I’ve found two suitable ways to couple them but need some advice.

The first, is a universal joint from ebay listed under “5mm x 6.35mm 1/4" Shaft Joint Coupler Stepper DC Motor RC Model U-Joint Nema 17”

Second, is the coupler listed on ebay under “Joint Coupler Collet 5mm - 6.35 mm 1/4" Stainless Steel BL Motor EP Boat ESC 5”

I’m not sure which one would be best, my concern is the shear stress produced by the 26cc engine would fatigue the coupling over time and it would break at sea. Which one do you think would be best?

Also should the square bar be stainless to take the torque? And what material should I use? I’ve been looking as mild steel, brass, stainless and key steel.

Best Regards Joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	2181190   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	2181191   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	178