Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Active Spark Timing

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Active Spark Timing

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 06:15 AM
svranger25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Active Spark Timing

Howdy Everyone,

Disclaimer: This is more of a knowledge share question, see if anyone has done it or thought about it.

Has anyone ever tried active spark timing while the engine is running? Whether it be electronic ignition or other?(My idea was to attach the coil of the saw engine onto something that could rotate around the flywheel controlled by a servo from a redboard. The redboard would have a O2 sensor and know throttle position and crank rpm in order to calculate adjustment for timing.) I realize there is little to gain here for all the work and don't think i'll end up even trying it, however, the idea sounds fun and sparks my engineering "creativity". Let me know what y'all think. (Besides "It's the dumbest idea that will gain you little to no power", i already know this)

Thanks
Brandon
Old 12-10-2016, 05:31 PM
mistycreekboats
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can buy electronic programmable ignitions already (w/o O2 sensor - we run too much oil for many O2 sensors to work properly)

http://www.matho-powertrain.de/index_en.html

pick 'web catalog' on left of screen