Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

looking for info about my boat and gas engine

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

looking for info about my boat and gas engine

Old 04-29-2017, 09:46 PM
Jblake55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank for the info!

When i bought the radio i also bought a 5 volt lipo 4200MAh battery.

that battery box that holds the 4 AA's battery did just what you said, the spring pushed back and cracked the plastic, and i felt that AA's wouldnt last very long, and i didnt want to run into issues when running the boat.

for the radio i did buy 4 AA's but i bought energizer lithium batteries, which should be fine.

plus with my radio it does me the vottage, and sounds an alarm when it becomes low, i like that feature.

Thanks for your feedback about the Futaba 4PLS radio, glad to hear someone uses it, and there is no issues!

what is your option on the 5 volt battery, and the 4 AA in the radio? Can i use the same 5 volt battery pack that im using in the boat? if so that would be alot cheaper in the long run, as it cost me 18 dollars for 4 AA's, and the 5 volt battery pack was 39 dollars. let me know what you think. I will look into the servos in the boat, as im not sure what kind of servo operates the rudder.
as for the throttle i dont think its metal gear, so should i change that one too? its working fine moving the throttle now, but that is when the boat is just sitting on the stand and the motor isnt running.

what brand and model would you suggest i get for my servos if the rudder one turns out to be crap?

thanks

Joe
Old 04-29-2017, 10:37 PM
crapshooter

what kind of battery pack have you got [ 5 volt lipo] ? or 4.8 v nimh ? wont be lipo, a good battery pack for your receiver / servo power is a LiFe 2 cell. this pack will safely run both your receiver and servos at a safe power level, lipo batteries supply more voltage in 2 cell form 7.4 volts plus as opposed to the LiFe 2 cell at 6.6 volts. using non reghargeable AA batteries are ok but don,t last long so get yourself a charger that will charge Lipos / Life / Nicad and Nimh packs, look at Hobby King for these plus tx and rx battery packs [ cheap prices ] your throttle servo will probably last a while but you should look at buying something better with metal gears as so the rudder servo , 8 to 15 kg for throttle and 15 to 20 kg servo for rudder, this is what i use in my gas hydro and mono hulls without any worries atall.. a couple of good cheaper brand metal geaerd digital servos are the Power HD 20kg or the Savox 15 and 20 kg blue waterproof servos. i do like the Savox myself. these are available from Ebay sellers .
Old 05-01-2017, 10:29 PM
crapshooter

i just clicked . you don,t need turn fins on the Cracker Box Hull.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:01 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by crapshooter
i just clicked . you don,t need turn fins on the Cracker Box Hull.
Actually you do and most have them. They're not on the transom but under the hull below the center of gravity.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:49 PM
crapshooter

Originally Posted by Ron Olson
Actually you do and most have them. They're not on the transom but under the hull below the center of gravity.
Yes thats what i meant Ron, no rear turn fins needed.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Ron Olson

Transom mounted turn fins are not legal for racing, the same as the Jersey Skiff class except they can't have any at all.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:59 PM
Ron Olson

The rules for the IMPBA. NAMBA's are very similar. Pages I-6 and 7. A skegged strut is legal which will also help it to run straight.
https://nebula.wsimg.com/591c33c7824...&alloworigin=1