Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

NEW OFFSHORE boat race scene.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

NEW OFFSHORE boat race scene.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 04:59 PM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am thinking and thinking on the rules, I do not want to except what we can get, I want what we get to be at the top of there game. I do not think with only 24 teams, Most will travel far, that the price of mod motors to run for CASH is asking to much. Sure stock motors are welcome, But I do not think we will be catering to a NEW Not sure if they want to play crowed. I can see a cc breakdown in classes. But I think at most current club races the offshore and superboat classes alone have more then 24 boats entered in them. So our rules might reflect. PRO model boat OFFSHORE RACING. Not Armature night at the Apollo !! please tell me what you think of a good hard line approach. I would rather push the start date back then to start off less then Top Gun. This whole thing is in the hands of model boaters now. the location is on the 50 yard line waiting for us to come play.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

One thing I might suggest is if someone new wants to race, a system like we use at R/C Unlimiteds might be a good idea.
Before ANYONE can race the first time, an oral test on the rules AND a full course, timed 5 lap drivers test is required. Now, obviously, we have people that race in other clubs that know the rules and how to handle their boats so, with their recent prior experience, this requirement is waved. Just a thought
Old 10-08-2017, 08:24 PM
JasonWalters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok cool thanks
Originally Posted by crapshooter
Jason, go pro mounts are available that are fitted with double sided tape. also attach a length of wire / line as a safety precaution in case the go pro falls off.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:13 AM
expresscraft

Good thought there Hydro, I am pasting and coping some of my post to the different places I am posting, The subject came up about classes and rules, so things were fair and people knew what they had to build to play. I think all of that is good, Right up to the point were really this is a open offshore only class, BUT we do not have a size limit on the model boats that are brought to run.We have a requirement to represent model boating, This is not a club race, We will be running in locations that are not home lakes for any of the players. We also do not have the room in many of the locations I will seek to hold these OFFSHORE EVENTS to have more then 24 teams. So I do not think the traditional way of thinking about CLUB racing is going to work. This is going to be Pro racing. When I get the players (Racers) I will start drumming up sponsors. My goal is to grow our hobby, Not a model boat club.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:19 AM
expresscraft

We will be part of this,
we can race on Saturday and watch the race on Sunday.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:19 AM
expresscraft

I think to be fair to hosting locations, We should be loyal to them as well, I do not think it would be right to put on a great EVENT then do the same thing at another place right down the road. So I think some distance between locations will also be a consideration.
Cocoa beach
Tampa
Miami
Jacksonville
Ft lauderdale
Are all on the list so far. That would have us racing about ever 6 weeks. Maybe we take the 200.00 not accounted for from each event and pay 1,200.00 to the winner of a year end Champion race.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:16 PM
expresscraft

We have a few teams. these 24 slots will fill up fast. We have a custom uniform company on board to work with us.