Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

NEW OFFSHORE boat race scene.

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

NEW OFFSHORE boat race scene.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:48 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default NEW OFFSHORE boat race scene.

Well I have been thinking about this for many years and I think i will get some good people to play and represent model boating with a event that will have offshore model boat racing in it. I do not want to call it model boat racing. I want to call it a event, and promote the great hobby of model boats. The racing will just be part of the event. So here is the plan, and I want suggestions on the racing rules ect. But my thoughts are to bring model boating up to a higher level, like a TOP GUN approach to boating. !st the plan will be to get a water front restaurant/bar as the place to race. So LOCATION,LOCATION ,LOCATION to sell model boating. these places have great insurance, MAMBA, IMPBA not needed. it will cost 100.00 to enter the event. We are only looking for 24 racers. size model boat does not matter, must be powered by gas. you will need 1 or 2 team mates. all dressed the same. shorts, matching race shirts., we will display our boats in the morning. some staff (unbiased ) will grade the how good you and your boat set up look. winner of that will get 200.00, then we will have 2, 12 boat offshore heats in the waters at there place, probably salt and might be rough, / OFFSHORE!!! the fastest boat might not win. they will be 20 minute heats, each player needs to bring his boat in for a 5 minute pit stop, so you have time to fix a problem and running time is only 15 minutes less when you consider time it takes to come in and get back out. the winners of the 2 qualifying heats get 200.00, then we take the top 5 of each group and have a 20 minute race with no pit stop. The winner of that race gets 400.00 The rest of the money goes for making the series and what we are doing better. This my friends will be real Racing. the players will be representing good, if you are not you will be DQ'd, come to have fun and promote model boating or do not come at all. We will ask that teams support hosting restaurants. Lets have a great model boaters lunch together ect. I will do what I can to arrange for a full size offshore boat to be sitting in the parking lot. This will be about FUN. there will be little hurdles, like counting laps, team mates will be doing it by hand. we will have to get things set up. and when I get a location all of us need to understand it will be a first, with some growing pains, We do not want anything to take away from the fun and promotion. This is just a base line, let me have your input, I will be talking to some places soon. I want to see what you boaters think first. And right here on RCU is the only place I am pushing this, and really this is the least used gas boat section I know of, great forum overall, I want to make this gas boat section great as well. Thanks for input. Air plane, heli , car, jet guys ect. This is a great time to get into big beautiful OFFSHORE gas boating.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	022314boat 613 (2) (1).jpg
Views:	84
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	2234166   Click image for larger version

Name:	022314boat 578 (2).jpg
Views:	85
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	2234167   Click image for larger version

Name:	images (2).jpg
Views:	130
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	2234168   Click image for larger version

Name:	lg-850037-0-8765.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	2234169   Click image for larger version

Name:	kelly with cats.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	317.1 KB
ID:	2234170   Click image for larger version

Name:	gtx1.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	2234171   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25333.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	2234172   Click image for larger version

Name:	2nar3pi.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	2234173  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26492.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	2234174   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0836.JPG
Size:	720.0 KB
ID:	2234175   Click image for larger version

Name:	phantom.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	2234176  

Last edited by Justaddwata; 10-02-2017 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling in heading
Old 10-02-2017, 06:30 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks a cool concept Tom. Would like to see where this goes. They run similar offshore series in Europe and looks a blast.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:20 AM
expresscraft

Glad to see you chine in, I know you have some top gun boats from all over the world, I am going to 3 different places today to see if they are game for this Event at there waterfront restaurants/bars, Of course, no drivers or crew members will be allowed to drink until the racing part of this event is over. I only have ground floor thoughts on the racing part. So I would love to hear more about how the races are done overseas, with the offshore series they have. I want great racing without question, but our first goal will be to have a great time, and show the world what model boating has to offer. There are some very nicely built boats out there that never get a chance to come out in play in front of others. Those days will change if this takes off, and I think it will.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:07 PM
Justaddwata

Originally Posted by expresscraft
Glad to see you chine in, I know you have some top gun boats from all over the world,
Thanks Tom - I actually purchased the black cat you have pictured!! Might be a contender!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161030_153357.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	419.0 KB
ID:	2234922
Old 10-04-2017, 04:10 AM
expresscraft

How does that boat run? I know the cougar hull runs great, But I am not sure who built that boat. Looks like they did a nice job. I have herd about a far offset rudder working just fine, but I have never tried it. Overall I am talking about this offshore Event and it's getting a good response, I think If I can I will start it here in the Cocoa beach area, were they do real offshore racing 2 times a year sometimes. And ride there coat tails for advertisement ect. the biggest hurdle will be getting the right place. But as far as our Boaters go, It's a event with model boat racing and socializing So what a great way for many to get the wives or other half evolved? When I did Trade shows with Expresscraft, I always had woman with me and they loved it. I will use the leverage of 24 racers, crew members for all. pushing to support the location that host our race, That is a nice crowd all eating and maybe after racing Drinking for some, and just having fun, plus who come from there advertisement of our great Event. I would like to see some input on the running of the race part of this, I am saying start of with a who looks the best representing model boats, That's Boat, Table, crew/driver uniform,ect. graded by staff from the restraint, so no club favorite. just people none of us know. Of course uniform can be real nice, or simply matching shirts and shorts, But it will be required. We want to look good. Then 2, 20 minute qualifying heats with 12 boats in each. that require 5 minutes of your boat being out of the water. so you could have 1 5 minute pit stop or 2 21/2 minute pit stops, what ever works for you and your crew as long as you are only in the water running laps for 15 minutes. Rules on boats, is they need to look good and of course be safe. winners of each group wins cash, Top 5 move on to finals, for a 15 minute 10 boat no pit stop required but allowed, Heat. winner of that wins the Event and cash, Of course any of the 10 could win the finals and the event, not just whoever one the qualifying heat. So some of you guys in the EU that might already do something like this, what else should I know or do? None racing crew members or drivers will be counting the laps for the ones racing. Non Participation, Drinking while the race portion is going (unless you are out) bad conduct or making boating look bad are all terms for Disqualification. Plan is to pay back half of the take in to the players. So on what I have down, it leaves 200.00... Maybe a good nice event trophy to be given out at the party after the racing is over? I think 200.00 buys a nice trophy. still need input. .
Old 10-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

When you say "drinking", I assume you mean beer or alcoholic beverages. You might want to nix that thought. We almost lost a race site up in Washington State due to one person opening a can of beer at a race site. Even though the person was not intoxicated or doing anything wrong, having the open beer at the location was enough to require some serious talking with the the site "administration" to prevent our losing the site. We ended up under what could be called a "probationary period" where, if anyone did anything that could be deemed "questionable", our use of the site would be terminated. The site has since hosted two NAMBA Nationals so I guess we stayed in the good graces of the "powers that be". Now, if you have a site that allows the consumption of alcohol, allowing it AFTER ALL RACING IS CONCLUDED might be an option. I tend to hold the belief that alcohol and running internal combustion engines are a bad mix, especially when you have razor sharp props spinning and where one misstep could result in serious injury. In many people, just one shot of alcohol is enough to impair coordination to the point of making them unable to react quickly if a dangerous situation arises. Just a thought

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 10-04-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:17 PM
Justaddwata

I Was unsure of the make of the hull so had to look it up - believe it is actually an Aeromarine Pro Cat unfortunately.
http://jrcbd.com/forum/showthread.php?10155-Twin-side-by-side-pro-cat-custom-ready-to-rip
Was built up by Daniel Place. Sadly I have not seen her wet as yet.

Do you have a date window you are thinking the race may happen Tom?
Old 10-05-2017, 04:40 AM
expresscraft

What hatch does it have? I think It's one of our cougar cats, That was made from molds off the Aeromarine systems cat. from years ago, there molds got lost in a fire, I got them when I bought Expresscraft from Dale.Who worked at Sea Ray boats, was never going to use them, But I had a customer call back in the 90's and asked if I would make him a deck, He herd I had molds for it, I called Remmey and asked him and he said they would never make that boat again cause it was hard to build and they no longer had molds, He said sure build them. So we did, and we found out the problem with there great boat was the bubble in the tunnel to allow motors to fit under the systems hatch. so we filled it in and made a hatch that motors would fit under. I have always given Aero marine credit for that great boat. But they have not made any since the late 80's early 90's. The red one pictures is with our first hatch and we called it a super cat, QD 35 would fit under it. If it's 60" and does not have the bubble in the tunnel that is one of ours. All of these are same hull, different hatches, we now make a lower profile hatch that replaces the supercat hatch of early days.

Name:	Ty64270.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	2240076   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xo89213.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	2240077   Click image for larger version

Name:	568253_orig.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	2240081   Click image for larger version

Name:	6028339_orig.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	2240082   Click image for larger version

Name:	7056257_orig.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	2240083   Click image for larger version

Name:	cougar1.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	793.9 KB
ID:	2240084   Click image for larger version

Name:	system10.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	2240085  

Last edited by expresscraft; 10-05-2017 at 04:51 AM.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:11 AM
expresscraft

So here is the plan, I think we should have a get your feet wet Event first, That all that attend,know it's the first one. And is a trail run and a time to discuss some things, I will Organize, Coordinate, and spread the word 24 hours a day. But this will be our group and our rules, not mine. I want us all to agree what is proper representation of model boating and we will police ourselves and always be doing this for fun. As far as loosing the lake we will not have one, these races will be on private property with no NAMBA or IMPBA involved, they do not allow boats over 60" anyways. There members are more then welcome. But we will be under the Waterfront Restaurant/ Bars insurance, they have events all the time, and also have great Insurance, Most have docks as well. They might have to get a rider for our event, with what they pay that is a simple call to there Agent. People will be there Drinking, Our rules will DQ a team that any of its drivers or crew are drinking while the racing portion of the event is going. As the water front Restaurants/Bars allow, kids are welcome as well, But this is Top GUN level boats and racing, and is not catering to family time, If you are a parent then you will make the choices for your kids, Of course they will be in safe hands with our group and we will be watching out for each other in every way. But Adults will also be adults. Even in real racing We had access to all the booze we wanted in our trailers and RV's in the pits, But you never saw it during the racing. Maybe that night after the racing. I would like our first real event to be during this https://thunderoncocoabeach.com/ But I think we can get a test run in before may. I also think once we have a site, we will need a few month's to promote it, as many of our people will be professional people and will need the time to arrange for this Event. Mat I think these shoes fit you better then me, what kind of lead time do you think is reasonable? Hydro, I do agree with you about racing and Drinking, but we will also not overlook the safety record of model boating and cloud it all up with what could happen, The racing I was talking about is motorcycle road racing were people die when they make a mistake. The tracks are tracks like Daytona speed way. Alcohol is there, but racers respect each other and do wait till after racing is over. I think we can handle this in model boat racing and focus on the FUN. and we will.

Last edited by expresscraft; 10-05-2017 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Hydro Junkie

Sounds like you have a plan and have thought of most contingencies, my hat's off to you on that. Many try to set up events without looking at many important aspects that are required to make the event successful. Obviously, being over 5K miles away, I probably won't be able to attend but I do wish you well on your project.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:46 PM
expresscraft

If we do good with the 1st one, And get a good review from the Restaurant/bar owner, I will send the proposal out along with the endorsement letter from the Bar owner, My goal will to give guys like you, That are active boaters some guide lines to do the same thing in your neck of the woods.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:28 PM
crapshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some years ago our club organized an event at a water front hotel which naturally was right on the waters edge to this large lake that was not a smooth water lake but always quite choppy . this event was a 2 hour enduro for all classes of gas powered models namely monos / tunnels. our 3 main rules for this event were firstly strictly no alcohol and all boats to be fitted with suitable mufflers to keep the decibel levels down to the required 87. also all boats must be fitted with some type of radio fail safe device to kill the engine if transmitter power / reception is lost.
All was a great success and both members / spectators and hotel staff had alot of enjoyment. After the closure of this event all club members were supplied with a free meal plus a free drink all supplied free of charge from hotel management.
would love to be able to do something like that once again, so Tom i am sure all you guys etc etc will have an absolute ball with what your going to do with those offshore models. lucky buggers.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:12 PM
Justaddwata

At a risk of getting further off topic on you here Tom - here is a pic with the hatch. Jim's R/C Boat Dock
Old 10-06-2017, 02:49 AM
expresscraft

Very good information Crapshooter, I really did not think about mufflers, Or fail safes, so both good points, I do not drink at all myself, Have always been a adrenaline junkie, not a substance one. I want the focus to be on fun, but it will be responsible fun, there will be a Certain DQ without question for any teams breaking this rule of no Drinking during the racing portion of this event. The people here will know and Agree that one of our missions is to represent model boating, So the teams that are eliminated will still be expected top help Run the show, and the other teams, 100% being there for each other is great representation,
Mat, I did not see the curvature in that hull, that is not one of ours, But I do not think she is 60" either. With no hatch and the angle of the pics I thought it was the systems cat hull and did not know what hatch. So you can always back me in later post that you saw were I posted that I was dead WRONG....LOL either way. You are a traveling Professional guy...Right? What do you think is a long enough notice to people for the 1st race?
Old 10-06-2017, 02:39 PM
SUPER-V

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Miami would be a great location for an event like that , I work on Key Biscayne and the boat show has been moved out here at Miami marine stadium but only problem that's salt water...

Name:	image.jpeg
Size:	663.2 KB
ID:	2240187  
Old 10-06-2017, 06:12 PM
crapshooter

Off Shore boats want salt water and conditions otherwise you may as well go to a lake.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:21 AM
Hydro Junkie

A calm day on Puget Sound would be ideal. Swells around 1.5 to two feet with waves up to about 6". Would just be a matter of finding a suitable place to launch, recover and drive from
Old 10-07-2017, 05:14 AM
expresscraft

Miami would be a great place to hold one of the Events. Salt water is not a problem, You do have to clean your boat after wards, but really that is not a big deal either, Corrosion x Has been great to me for many years and I run in the salt water a lot.
These guys in Bermuda run some of the best races out there all in salt water. Most important is more guys talking about this, we can make this happen. Some of these guys have said they would like to come race in our Events,

Last edited by expresscraft; 10-07-2017 at 05:17 AM.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:41 PM
expresscraft

Ok , More great news, I talked to the people from the location I wanted and they are on board. This is all about timing right now, I did not want to set up a date with a waterfront Bar/Restaurant and not have players, I also did not want to get the players and not have a place to play. She will e-mail me soon and we will discuss more then we could today. But overall they are in and the ball is in our (us boaters) hands. We talked about and agree that may when the big boats are in town will be great https://thunderoncocoabeach.com/ but also discussed a trail run before that date. Lets start getting some names of who wants to play, remember, you need a crew of at least 1 or 2 members. Uniforms for that crew, and nice boats. Getting this list will not happen over night and that is fine, this is all new and it will take word of mouth. That ball is rolling. The boats we want as well as the people will be representing model boating. these pictures are from the back area, the restaurant and bar are very nice, Me and lisa have been working in the shop and I did not want to walk in on a Saturday Taking pictures

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	625.5 KB
ID:	2240310   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	425.2 KB
ID:	2240311   Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	371.7 KB
ID:	2240312   Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	422.5 KB
ID:	2240313   Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	387.5 KB
ID:	2240314   Click image for larger version

Name:	009.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	366.5 KB
ID:	2240315   Click image for larger version

Name:	010.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	442.0 KB
ID:	2240316   Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	352.3 KB
ID:	2240317  

Attached Images  

Last edited by expresscraft; 10-07-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:46 PM
Justaddwata

Hi Tom - I will keep the secret of you being wrong quiet!! you know how rumors start and soon everyone will think you're wrong about something!!

As far as race notice - look on the horizon and see if there are any closely conflicting dates for other races or events that those who may attend might otherwise be attending. Also pick winter - many a northerner is looking for an excuse to head south and run a boat. May even pay to have it around another event in the area - even something like the Miami boat show may be an additional enticement for someone making the miles to also attend. That said - I have 3 months of travel already booked between now and the Miami show damn it - So I am looking like a long shot at making any date. I miss the days when I worked in the Marine Industry and only had boat shows and trips to the caribbean to contend with in winter months.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:08 AM
expresscraft

Well right now, the winter nats are coming, so that might be a good time frame to try the pre Event, trail run. I have been talking to Pirate, and he is the man behind the BOMBA race crowd. I agree with him that we need some guide lines so people can make there boats or build there boats to fit our races and things are fair. This again is just guide lines but here is Bomba's rule book, we will add and delete as necessary
Name and Objective
The name of the association is the “Bermuda Offshore Model Boat Association” and the insignia
of the association shall be the motif on the front cover of the Rule Book.
The reason for which the association is formed is to promote and facilitate the affairs of the
association generally. To stimulate the design and construction of Offshore Model Power Boats
within the class rules and to encourage the running, racing development of Offshore model Power
Boats.
Officers
The officers of the association will consist of a President, Secretary/Treasurer and 2 Race
Directors.
General Members Rules
• NO SMOKING or ALCOHOL permitted in the Pit Area! You will be cautioned,
followed by ALL points for the day being terminated!
• NO open toe shoes to be worn in Wet Pit.
• ALL SPECTATORS must stay outside of pit WET PIT. Only driver’s ,spotter’s, RD’s
and Lap Scorers allowed in Wet Pit….ANY spectator found in Wet Pit during racing
will be asked to excuse themselves! General members allowed in Wet Pit only while
there is no heat racing taking place. “SAFETY FIRST”
• Race Membership $50 up until 7 Days prior to first race date (e.g. Sunday before first
scheduled race day)….. $75 six (6) days prior to first race date (e.g. Monday leading
up to Sunday of first race day) up until 5th race of season. $35 Membership for last 3
races of season (Race #6,7 and 8). Even if you decide to join/race the last race of season
you still pay the $35 member fee and $15 race entry fee!!!! NO FEES TAKEN ON
FIRST RACE DAY OF SEASON!!!!
• Spotters are not allowed to operate boats during a race.
• Anybody entering WET pits must be a member of the Bermuda Offshore Model Boat
Association.
• Members are also responsible in helping control spectators in Pit area. There will be a
$5 fee to replace lost or damaged Pit Passes!
• PLEASE…. CAN ALL DRIVERS help Set-up in the morning OR help Tear-Down
in the afternoon. MANY HANDS make light work! If you decide not to help at any
time an automatic DQ will be applied for that days results!!!!
• PENALTIES WILL BE IMPLEMENTED!!!
Sport and Open Class Specifications
Sport Class – Hulls 48”- 75” in. using single 23cc – 27cc engines.
Open Class – Hulls 48”-75” in. using 27.1cc – 70cc GAS engines.

• All Cats and V-Hulls will run together in the same class. Classes will be separated upon
engine size.
• Petrol Engines ONLY!
• You can run twins as long as the maximum CC does not exceed 70cc combined.
• Sport Class piston port motors only.
• No turn fins allowed.
Extreme Class Specifications
Hulls 70”-100” in. (including overhang) using Gas engines (up to 85cc), Turbine engines (Twin
Turbine max.) and Nitro engines.
• All Cats and V-Hulls will run together.
• THIS CLASS WILL ONLY BE RUN ON TROPHY RACE DAYS AND S.A.W.
EVENT DAYS.
Junior Class Specifications
• Age 8-13 with option to race is Sport Class after 2 seasons in Junior Class. If you are
13yrs of age your first season you will automatically have to move to Sport Class the
following season.
• Two or more entrants may race the same boat in the event providing they are members
of the same family. NAMBA Sec. 26-B3 Kids Class
• All juniors driving ability will be scrutinized at least once by Damon Simons (Founder
Race Director), Gavin Woolridge (Acting President) or Derek Simons (Assistant Race
Director) prior to racing their first BOMBA Event. They must be able to operate
(Drive) their boat WITHOUT ANY ASSISTANCE….. It is a members/spectators
safety measure.
• Tracks will be made smaller with a max. of 6 laps.
• Turn fins allow to help driving ability in corners.
• The pit person may assist the driver with the handling of boat should the driver need
assistance avoiding another boat or the shoreline. NAMBA Sec. 26-E1 Kids Class
• Engines will be a Zenoah G260 PUM. The Engine may run a stock 257/644/1048
carburetor. No internal modifications are allowed. All replacement parts must be from
the original manufacturer and the same type engine. No part swapping from other
manufacturers or engine types is permitted. Clutches are permitted!
• All engines must have tuned pipe or canister type muffler. IMPBA Sec. 5-F5a. Super
Sport Class
S.A.W. Event Rules and Regulations
LSG 27 Cat - Gas engines up to 27cc (Piston Port Motors Only)
LSG 27 Mono - Gas engines up to 27cc (Piston Port Motors Only)
LSG 36 Cat - Gas engines up to 36cc
LSG 36 Mono - Gas engines up to 36cc
Extreme Class - Refer to Extreme class specs.
• Fastest pass out of your 3 Passes will be your Final Pass Speed.
• One Pass consist of TWO consecutive runs in a Left to Right direction.
• A boat may be run in more than one classy changing engines to comply with Cubic
Capacity requirements.
• NO contestant may enter more than one boat of the same hull/engine class in one event.
To do so will double their chances of winning an award.
• There shall be NO backup boats at ANY event.
• You must make 2 Passes (4 Runs) to be eligible for Class Honours.
• If 2 or 3 competitors all record the same Top Speed, the position will be determined by
the competitor with the LAST FASTEST PASS.
• YOU will have 1 hour of Open Water (12pm to 1pm) to make final adjustments and
tweaks before Event officially starts @ 1:15pm.
• Once you have passed Start buoy your pass will officially start.
• There is NO cutting course to return back to start…you MUST go across Finish line
buoy and then return back to start. But NOTE the faulty pass is still recorded as a pass!
• Start Official will raise a Green Flag so that Finish Official knows that the pass has
officially started.
• If the Start Official raises the Black Flag than your Pass will be invalid.
• You must cruise back to Start Buoy at half throttle or less once you have made 1st run
and about to make 2nd run.
Tech Inspection Rules (Mandatory)
Tech Inspection between 11 - 11:30am. RACE FEE must be paid during Tech!!!
Race Fees - $15/$10 each additional boat even if both boats are in same class.
There will be a $15 Late Fee PLUS a 10 point deduction arriving after 11am. Showing up after
11:30am results in a NO COMPETITION DAY meaning you are NO longer eligible to race,
unless you notify Gavin, Damon or Derek of an emergency situation.
• Drivers meeting @ 11:45am
• ALL boats with capsule style hatches must have vinyl or painted Windscreens!!!
• All boats must display visible class numbers on both sides of the hull at a min. 2.5” in
height in either Black or White. No Fluorescent numbers are permitted. If you are not
a member for 2 consecutive Race Seasons than your number will automatically be forfitted
and Open for anyone to use the 3rd season if you do not become a member.
• All boats must run with fitted tops unless top has been lost or damaged during course
of race day and is un-repairable.
• All boats must have some sort of Fail Safe that will be checked by turning OFF your
Transmitter while motor(s) is started and throttle shutting OFF motor(s) completely. If
you are not running a 2.4GHz radio you must have an alternate frequency in case you
happen to be in a heat race with someone on the same frequency.
• NO boats are allowed to leave and return to premises for any sort of testing once
it has been Tech-Inspected….OR an automatic DQ for the day will be applied with
NO refunds.
• All boats must have flotation. these rules for bomba should be a good start, lets add or remove what does not apply
Old 10-08-2017, 06:09 AM
expresscraft

This is our version of our rules, so far, On RCU post 22 will be our rule book, anything else you find discussing these rules is just that. I will edit this post as needed, to stay the RCU OFFSHORE event Group rules.

Name and Objective
The name of this group will Be ?
The reason for which the Group is formed is to promote and facilitate the Best of the
Best in model Boating. To stimulate the design and construction of Offshore Model Power Boats
within the class rules and to encourage the running, racing development and use of Offshore model Power
Boats.

General Members Rules
• NO SMOKING or ALCOHOL permitted During the racing segment of these EVENTS, smoking applies to pit area's, Drinking by drivers or there crews will get there team Disqualified, for the day.
• NO open toe shoes to be worn, Teams crew members and drivers will wear uniforms, closed toe shoes, matching shirts and shorts or long paints. Team can wear shorts or long pants same color.
• ALL SPECTATORS must stay outside of pit WET PIT. Only driver’s ,spotter’s, RD’s
and Lap Scorers allowed No team Uniform, no wet pit entry.
there is no heat racing taking place. We will need to remember these spectators are customers of hosting location. All crews and drivers need to treat them as such and be very polite.“SAFETY FIRST”
• Entries will be 100.00 per event, The pay out will be half of the entry monies collected. Your Id number will be the last 4 of your phone number.
• We will rope and block off wet pit area Accordingly.
• Our players will all be in uniforms, This will be you ok to be in pit area.
• Our days will start with a how good do we look and represent, This will be scored By restaurant/bar staff.scores will be from 1-10 on the whole teams and there boats, Most points wins.
• Leave the place better then we get it. I will address this as needed. But we will just start with a clean positive slate.
Open Class Specifications
Open Class – Hulls 48”-75” in. using 27.1cc – 70cc GAS engines.

• All Cats and V-Hulls will run together in the same class. Classes will be separated upon
engine size.
• Petrol Engines ONLY!
• You can run twins as long as the maximum CC does not exceed 70cc combined.
• Sport Class piston port motors only.
• No turn fins allowed.
Extreme Class Specifications
Hulls 70”-100” in. (including overhang) using Gas engines (up to 85cc), Turbine engines (Twin
Turbine max.) and Nitro engines.
• All Cats and V-Hulls will run together.

• Clutches are permitted! . I do not know that we will be catering to a stock engine class, I have nothing against them but really only 24 Teams?
• All engines must have tuned pipe with a muffler.

Extreme Class - Refer to Extreme class spec

• There shall be NO backup boats at ANY event.

• YOU will have 1 hour of Open Water (12pm to 1pm) to make final adjustments and
tweaks before Event officially starts @ 1:15pm. Times may Vary

Tech Inspection Rules (Mandatory)
Tech Inspection between 11 - 11:30am. RACE FEE must be paid during Tech!!! Times may very, our techs will be done while teams are being judged on there representaion

r
11:30am results in a NO COMPETITION DAY meaning you are NO longer eligible to race,
unless you notify of an emergency situation.
• Drivers meeting @ 9:45am
• ALL boats with capsule style hatches must have vinyl or painted Windscreens!!!
• All boats must display visible class numbers on both sides of the hull at a min. 2.5” in
height in either Black or White.
• All boats must run with fitted tops unless top has been lost or damaged during course
of race day and is un-repairable.
• All boats must have some sort of Fail Safe that will be checked by turning OFF your
Transmitter while motor(s) is started and throttle shutting OFF motor(s) completely. If
you are not running a 2.4GHz radio you must have an alternate frequency in case you
happen to be in a heat race with someone on the same frequency.
Open canopy boats must have scale looking drivers.
• All boats must have flotation. these rules for bomba should be a good start, lets add or remove what does not apply

I have removed what does not apply, We will not be a Association, We will not have junior or saw runs, This will be OFFSHORE racing for TOP GUN level boaters only. Anyone new to model boating that wants to come and play is welcome. Just do not come to Event with out lots of practice. Simply looking for good players. If you are young, that is fine. I have seen many young Dominate Rc car racing. If you are Mature enough to have or put together a team for this, You are welcome and should fit right in.

Last edited by expresscraft; 10-09-2017 at 02:20 AM.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:08 AM
JasonWalters

Default Go pro mount

I want to mount a go pro on my 70 inch Apache what's the best way to do it?
Originally Posted by SUPER-V
Miami would be a great location for an event like that , I work on Key Biscayne and the boat show has been moved out here at Miami marine stadium but only problem that's salt water...
Old 10-08-2017, 11:10 AM
JasonWalters

Tom you have the baddest boats in the business!
Old 10-08-2017, 12:22 PM
crapshooter

Jason, go pro mounts are available that are fitted with double sided tape. also attach a length of wire / line as a safety precaution in case the go pro falls off.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.