Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Primer bulb

Old 09-13-2018, 05:06 AM
Gasfreak1

Default Primer bulb

Im having trouble getting fuel into my primer bulb and i have changed all my fuel lines already thinking they may have holes in them from being old. Do i even need a primer bulb or should i just get the plate to replace it?
Old 09-13-2018, 05:34 AM
Seanthemechanic

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You are leaking air from somewhere. You could have a crack in your lines, a cap that isnít sealing properly, or a crack in your tank. I would definitely change the fuel lines first and no you donít really need a primer bulb. They are easy to prime but all you need is the plate and choke the carb with a finger and turn the motor over a few times slowly until you feel a little fuel come out of the carb and youíre good to go
Old 09-14-2018, 12:57 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Replace the lines and make sure if you're using a return line (you really don't need it) isn't hooked up to the pickup line. Been there before on my first gasser.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:15 PM
danielplace

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Take the carb off and put two short lines into a small container of fuel and see if it will pump.

You can not just take the primer bulb off and replace with a plate. There are passages that have to be plugged up to do that. Replacing the primer bulb with a plate even plugging up the proper ports isn't going to fix it if it has a internal issue not allowing it to draw fuel through the fuel pump section of the carb.

Sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself is throw the defective carb in the lake and install a new one. Aggravation is not fun. Carbs are cheap.

Last edited by danielplace; 09-17-2018 at 04:19 PM.