Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Dumas 38kv - information required

Old 10-17-2019, 05:30 PM
ken barkhouse

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Dumas 38kv - information required

Hello Everyone,

i recently acquired a Dumas 38KV and as usual it missing the arch, I was hoping someone could provide me with some dimensions off their model? I'm hoping someone can put a protractor on the deck to get the angle of the arch and the dimensions as shown. Anything you can provide is appreciated!

Old 10-19-2019, 07:54 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by ken barkhouse View Post
Hello Everyone,

i recently acquired a Dumas 38KV and as usual it missing the arch, I was hoping someone could provide me with some dimensions off their model? I'm hoping someone can put a protractor on the deck to get the angle of the arch and the dimensions as shown. Anything you can provide is appreciated!

A 38KV that I had also needed an arch and I was going to make one from plywood.You could make one by measuring the place where the bottom of the arch fits onto the hull ,use about 1/2 of that distance for the top measurement ,then on a piece of cardboard draw the side of the arch using different angles and height till it looks correct when tried on the the boat.After you get the arch side looking similar to the one in the pic then make a piece to go across the arch sides .Transfer your patterns to plywood or whatever you want to use and assemble and paint it to the color of your boat. I didn't make one for my boat,I sold it without an arch,but this is how I was going to do it.I actually liked the look of the boat without the arch.A lot of the arches were broke because of being lifted by the arch.