Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Find Homelite cc size?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Find Homelite cc size?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 05:53 PM
playtime56
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Find Homelite cc size?

How do you find out what size a homelite engine is. Looked on the web without results, so now I'm asking the experts!! Have a few,but in this case I'm thinking about using engine from ST-80 trimmer if it's worth using.Thanks in advance!!
Gordy
Old 03-11-2004, 06:02 PM
Aaronie

Default RE: Find Homelite cc size?

Look into the exhaust port. If there is a vertical bar in the exhaust port it's a 25cc. If there is no bar it's a 30cc.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:17 PM
playtime56

Thanks Aaronie-- Does that also apply to the old (pre-red) saws too?I have a couple that are kind of an aqua blu color. No idea how old the are but these have great compression.Gotta be at least in the 70's , maybe even older. Thanks again.
Gordy
Old 03-11-2004, 07:42 PM
Aaronie

No problem. I have no idea about the saws, sorry. [&o]
Old 03-12-2004, 10:30 AM
magyarbacsi

Trouble with Homelites is they changed hands so much, you dont know who owns them now. If you have a model no. you can try contacting a saw shop that deals with chain saws. If not, you'll have to measure the distance from tdc to bdc, the diameter of the bore and basic math computation. Measure in metric, i.e. centimeter oryou'll have to convert from inch cc. If you have a caliper that has the thin depth gage on it, you can probably get the diameter of the bore.through the exhaust port with the piston at bdc. That way you dont have to remove the jug. Then plug in the values: 3.14 (pi) x r squared x throw = volume.
Old 03-14-2004, 12:27 AM
playtime56

Thanks magyarbacsi--I guess,to be real honest, I was looking for a lazy way out. You're absolutely right about the way they have changed hands so many times. The local guy stays swamped so he isn't normally very helpful,just too busy. I'll measure'm up and put the calc to work like you suggested. Thanks for taking time to help.
Gordy