Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

non`t shoot the new guy

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

non`t shoot the new guy

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 10:13 PM
toyboy63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default non`t shoot the new guy

Hay guys I am new to this chat,so if I sound stupid,please bear with me.I am trying to understand the surface drive system.I run a full size power boat,with a 454 I built up.it runs high 60ts.but with the standard drive you trim it up to get the boat out of the water.The higher out the faster you go.the weight is in the back.I don`t understand the c/g so far ahead.There is contravercy about you lower the surface drive to get the stern out of the water.some say to raise it .standard drive you raise it to get the bow out.less drag more speed.you may get a chime walk,but you pot the tabs down.this can also lift the stern.I would like a new drive for the next boat,and don`t know what to get.I have a shalow pocket.Reading some of the chat some of you guys have the best of the best.gan`t do that wish I could[sm=confused.gif]
Old 03-12-2004, 12:39 PM
pompebled

Default RE: non`t shoot the new guy

Hi, Toyboy!

If I understand it correctly you own a fullsize boat (1:1)?

You can compare the setup with a modelboat only up to a point, because the water we run on is not on scale and compared to the real thing, most model powerboats are (very!) overpowered, so they jump on the plane in a matter of seconds.

Hope it helps, Jan.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:26 PM
toyboy63

Default RE: non`t shoot the new guy

Thanks It seems to me if you put the engine back,it might not plane as fast,but might be faster.We run with the poker runs boats and that is power.They run 5 300 hp out.boards on 36ft boat.That is overpower.One up here has 2 helcopter engines.The farther back it goes,you could not get the hatch on I an sure.I did nit know if the c/g was set this way fore raceing purposes( handling in the corners)