Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Small Tach?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 06:50 PM
fryfrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small Tach?

I have been poking around for a small, digital tachometer with very little luck. About the only thing I can find is this Tiny Tach. I am hoping for one with a max rpm feature, as it is quite difficult to read the rpm from one of these while the boat is actually running

Their model that has max rpm seems to require an outside 12v source... which of course my little Zenoah engine does not provide. Any thoughts or ideas?
Old 04-05-2004, 02:30 AM
magyarbacsi

Default RE: Small Tach?

Marine Specialties has an on board tach that I use. It has its own battery that last about 5-7 yrs. then you get another one. It is about 1 1/2 by 3". I think it ia around $70. I bought mine years ago and was on sale for 65. Only draw back is that it is a sealed unit and the battery can not be changed. I'm sure that in time some one will figure out how to open the case and replace the battery.

The digital display is easy to read and has a max. rpm hold. Two other functions like total run time and another that I cant remember and dont use.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:26 AM
BajaBob-delete

Default RE: Small Tach?

Sendec is the tach. STS5000 $72.95

[link]http://www.sendec.com/meters/[/link]

BTW don't get it wet ,they don't like water.They do read higher than 16,000 rpm its just that the accuracy is not garunteed to be to the specifications.