Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

offshore models

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

offshore models

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 12:35 PM
cwoodyfly2001
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default offshore models

I can no longer find Offshore Model Boat Co. Looking for a new cat and wanted to take a look?
Thanks
Old 01-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: offshore models

Eddie Barnes closed up that part of his business and is concentrating on his body shop.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:48 PM
FROGMAN524
My Feedback: (5)

yeah they stopped doing that maybe more than a year ago. I was looking at one of their deep v's. KEn.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:40 PM
B_BEEBE

I recall he sold alot of molds and leftover boats on Ebay Didnt he sell to another Manufacturer ? I was under the impression the boats were going to be made still
Old 01-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi cwoody, Have you ever checked out Boatman Hobbies www.boatmanhobbies.com ? They sell Aeromarine,Shoreline,Expresscraft and Boatman hulls as well as engines,Zenoahs, Homelite, Ryobi/Homelite.Have some cats up to 65".Dave will fix you up.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:23 PM
FROGMAN524
My Feedback: (5)

Hey Tidnab, I think when you say they have cats to 65", they don't. It was typo on the Boatman's part, he put down that the new Expresscraft GTX was a "cat" and it's a large deep v. I am building one as we speek. Ken.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:24 AM
cwoodyfly2001
My Feedback: (7)

Tidnab,I went to the link and it did not work but I will keep trying.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Tidnab

Hi Ken,Thanks for setting me straight.I couldn't get a picture to come up for that boat on Boatman's site and thought they did have a 65" cat.I found Expresscraft's site and had a look at her.She's definatly not a cat.Looks like Aeromarines Outerlimits XXX,but way larger.I was thinking about getting an Outerlimits,but if I can get larger,all the better.What engines are recommended for that size hull? I have a Zen 260 stock sitting here,but for that hull it would probably need modded,or even two of them.Have fun building,George
Old 01-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Tidnab

Hi Cwoody, I couldn't get into Boatman's site either,but did get in through the links section on Jim's Boat Dock.They have cats but not up to 65" as Ken said.Good luck on your search.Tidnab
Old 01-12-2006, 09:19 PM
The RC Dude
My Feedback: (3)

Hi there I have a yellow supercat with 3 different cowls. I have pictures and can email them to you.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:17 PM
lzvagias

tidnap, i'm sure u could use a 260 but if it were me i would go to the sonic racing web site and look into the zen coupler which links two of em together end-to-end. i spoke with them about them and they told me delivered to my door in florida from australia i was looking at only $150. obviously thats minus the engines but that is definetly an affordable option that should give that boat a good kick in the pants. i know that XXXBoatworks is or has used them and i saw where Justaddwatta voiced an interest in them as well but i don't know if he ever got around to getting one. if you wanted to know more either one of them could tell you more about it than sonic could.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:05 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am going to be ordering a handfull of them but have held off as I still have a few months in Australia before getting back to my beloved boats. I have 3 coupled motors in storage though have yet to run them. I like the look of Dannys (Sonic) kit and he has good prices and great service.

I am in the process of ordering a whole bunch of stuff so I will be calling Danny soon.