Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

My first gas boat - Comments pls

Old 07-05-2006, 09:00 PM
MrMikeG

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: My first gas boat - Comments pls

I think your paying a lot of money for a limited hull.
Genuine Warehouse hobbies Gators were very tough hulls, good for about 40-45 mph. If you wanted to go faster some serious bottom sanding was in order.
If your stuck with it, I would put an Air-Cooled Zenoah, ether RC230 or RC260 doesn't matter, and run it with a muffler so it is nice and quiet. This combo should put you over 40 mph right where that hull is happiest.
Best prices and service I have had is [link=http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rccar/motors.htm]O'neill Brothers Racing[/link] If you order a "Car" motor it should come with a muffler, ask them for one with the outlets pointing up or towards the output shaft.
Most important advice I can give you is to have fun, it is a hobby, not a sport and if this boat makes you happy then you have achieved what you wanted!
Old 07-06-2006, 06:51 AM
Davcruz
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MrMikeG

I think your paying a lot of money for a limited hull.
Genuine Warehouse hobbies Gators were very tough hulls, good for about 40-45 mph. If you wanted to go faster some serious bottom sanding was in order.
If your stuck with it, I would put an Air-Cooled Zenoah, ether RC230 or RC260 doesn't matter, and run it with a muffler so it is nice and quiet. This combo should put you over 40 mph right where that hull is happiest.
Best prices and service I have had is [link=http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rccar/motors.htm]O'neill Brothers Racing[/link] If you order a "Car" motor it should come with a muffler, ask them for one with the outlets pointing up or towards the output shaft.
Most important advice I can give you is to have fun, it is a hobby, not a sport and if this boat makes you happy then you have achieved what you wanted!
MrMikeG hit the nail on the head. If you already own the boat then just put a motor in it to have fun and keep it simple. I recommended the RC230 because they can be found pretty cheap, but any air cooled engine can be had cheaply. Honestly, I see no reason to change the Homie.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:55 AM
tbaysal2000

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A new Super G at WWH is $800 less radio. My boat including radio is $800. A new hull but with a Homie 25cc, moded but used carb, original hardware (but the older version of the used on a Super G). The Futaba itself costs about $200 i n Turkey. So the boat cost is $600 less radio.

Please note that prices in Turkey are always 25-30% more then the prices in the USA [:@]

I will be happy with a 45ish miles and good handling and I still plan to complete the project around $800-900 range with a G230RC aircooled (around $230), dry canister exhaust ($50), FM radio+1/4 servo ($130), Drive system with rudder ($80) + $100 shipment to Turkey. So the total cost is already $600 without the hull, shaft, gs tank, mounts etc. I believe I can take a bargain on that and it will cost me about $300 for all so I will end up almost at the same cost with a Super G with a radio in the USA and brand new.

So this is my budget plan. I know for $500 I can get a used one already with the set up but I will only buy a used $1500 boat if it is sold to $1000 as I will know it will definitely make 55+ mph. I can't fit anything to my car bigger then 50" so at the moment I couldn't find such a boat to bring into Turkey. And shipment of such a size will cost me about $350 to Turkey which makes me more to look for a local hull.

If you guys are aware of a big bargain on a gas boat which is still advantageous even including this shipment cost, please send me a private message or email (tbaysal2000@yahoo.com) as if it is really a bargain, I want to be the only one to know at this stage

Old 07-06-2006, 06:08 PM
MrMikeG

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The RC230 from Oneill's is $230 with a canister muffler included!
Old 07-07-2006, 01:38 AM
urmom

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yeah um like jellybean said its a hassle to rune in ocean. i had an old hydro that got tottaly thrashed. just make sure u wash it really really good after u use or else it will corrode. thats a great boat tho have fun
Old 10-12-2018, 04:25 AM
ABBYS

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello i 'm french ABBYS,

Really good job for mufflers i like it
You can me say how built your syste exhaut with flexible ? Thanks very much
Laurent alias ABBYS