Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Proboat Blackjack 55 Catamaran

i'm trying to pull the clutch bearing out so i can see what i need to buy to change it. is there any way to pull the bearing without a spanner wrench?
    One day at a time, it\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s not always a race.

Thundercat 31
    R42
    Conquest
    SS Motors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bearing should press out. Mount the clutch housing on a vice with the jaws open enough to allow the bearing to drop down through. Use a socket that fits the opening on the flex cable side snuggly to drift the bearing out, use a dead weight hammer or ball peen to hit the socket. Keep in mind the clutch frame is aluminum. If the bearing does not just drop out don't pound on it the aluminium frame will be damaged.

When reinstalling the new bearing use a socket just slightly smaller then the OD of the bearing. Place the frame on a table or bench top, over a bench/table leg so as not to bounce, tap the bearing in making sure you stay straight. It's important to be sure you are not impacting the inner race when putting the new bearing back. If you do it will gall the bearing race and ruin your new bearing.

The old bearing should have a number on it, 609 if I recall correctly, that indicates a standard industrial size. There may be letters after it as well. The letters indicate what type of seal the bearing has. Plastic seals are fine metal is better. The bearing should be available from a local industrial bearing supply warehouse. You can purchase all sorts of fancy hyped up ones online but in the end a good FAG, Nakimichi etc.. is cheaper and probably better made.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Has anyone tried one of these motors with the steel pipe? And if so how does it perform for ya?

Thanks..

http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rcboat..._sikkmotor.htm
    first to own the Mini Slash!
    Amsoil Dealer.. 6XL Revo, Baja 5B, Losi8T, PS295, UL-1, AQ MC, OM29, DF33

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Has anyone tried a 7016/3 blade prop yet ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i haven't tried that prop yet but i'm getting my motor done by steve at SS and he suggested a 6717/3 or 2716/3 and a qd hotpipe when i get it back. i will also try that 440/3 i have. i have high hopes in his ability. i mean look at wallys saw boats.

Thundercat 31
    R42
    Conquest
    SS Motors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

anyone know of a good gas tank and radio box for the bj55, when i transport the bj55 in my suv. I can smell the gas. It doesn't seal tight enough to keep the fumes out. And as for the radio box, i've tried it all silicon, new lid, it still leaks... thanks in advance

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

your best bet is to go with iv bags for your fuel.that will seal in the fumes.as for radio box's i don't have much experience with after market ones.i got a clutchless cable collet for my boat for when i get my engine back,does anyone know if i'll need a longer flex cable?

Thundercat 31
    R42
    Conquest
    SS Motors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Resident Dawg

..... Upgrade the kill switch, get a better clutch (or no clutch) and you have a great boat. I hope this sheds a bit of light for those curious about the boat.

Regards

RD
    I own this boat as well and have only owned it for 2 months. Driven only once and the front of the hull IS CRACKED at the separation line where the top of the hull meets the bottom hull. I highly suggest getting some fiberglass and resin and add a thin strip of fiberglass along the manufacture's bonding line to strengthen the upper and lower hull sections.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mk27501.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	1117786   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vq50853.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	1117787   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mr41044.jpg 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	1117788   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tn32836.jpg 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	1117789  
    TF P51D Mustang, Super Sportster 40, Extra 260, Blade 400, Losi XXX , Losi 8T, Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 SP,, XRAY M18T, DF Vortex

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: black talon

i haven't tried that prop yet but i'm getting my motor done by steve at SS and he suggested a 6717/3 or 2716/3 and a qd hotpipe when i get it back. i will also try that 440/3 i have. i have high hopes in his ability. i mean look at wallys saw boats.
    Black,

the 440/3 is made for a 3/16 prop shaft and won't fit on your 1/4", it is also a prop for a .21 engine and would be much too small for the boat and the engine.

I haven't tried the 7016/3 but have been using the 7016/2 and is a good all around prop.

Dan.
    F-41 Stryker Cat 260 Full Mod - Whiplash GV NFS 260 - FireFighter 18 - Miss Vegas CVRM 18
    Futaba FASST

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

brain fart,i meant a 470/3. but has anyone had to get a different sized flex cable when they switched to a collet drive?

Thundercat 31
    R42
    Conquest
    SS Motors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Water pump problem. Can't seem to get pump to work, dry ran it tonight for first time with a bucket of water let it run for a minute and then turned motor off. Its not sucking any water, even tried squirting some water with a syringe into the lines and then tried it and nothing. When I blow into one line and plug the other one is the air to exit out the water exit on side of boat? Any suggestions?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Disconnect the outlet lines from the pump and check for free flow through the exhaust and cylinder jacket. If those aren't restricted check the pulse line from the carb with the motor running. Pull the line off and plug it with your thumb. You should fill a pulse.

Have you had the lines off of the pump? If so are you sure you put them back in the right order? There are arrow lines on the pump showing where the pickups go and where the water exits the pump. The fitting with no arrow is the pulse line from the carb manifold.

Hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nl28927.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	1120607  
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

checked all the lines and they are hooked up correctly and disconnected outlet lines from pump and blew through them and have discharge flow out the exit holes on side of boat. Started motor up and put my thumb over pulse line and have suction so that is ok. Does that narrow it down to the pump itself that may be defective maybe the diaphram in there? Im a newbe 1st gas boat thanks for your response peerpsi and cheesewiz69.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it's a little difficult but plug up the outlets and one of the pickups and blow through the last pickup to see if your lines leak anywhere. if not then i would have to agree with you that it's the pump.

Thundercat 31
    R42
    Conquest
    SS Motors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm not sure if this has been checked but seeing as your checking all the lines, maybe you should also check out the pickup pipes for a blockage. if they are perfectly fine then I'd have to say it's the pump as well.
    TF P51D Mustang, Super Sportster 40, Extra 260, Blade 400, Losi XXX , Losi 8T, Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 SP,, XRAY M18T, DF Vortex

As mentioned in some of the other replies check the entire system end to end. If everything else checks out then yes it most likley your pump. When you open the pump you will be shocked at how simple it works so there is very little that can go wrong.

Pay special attention if you take it appart (take some digital pics) so you can put it back together correctly. The pump has two diaphrams as the only moving parts (works very much like your heart).

A rebuild kit is not expensive but you may not needed it. Inspect the diaphrams carefuly. You may have picked up some trash that is keeping one of them from working properly. Make sure you have a good seal when you put it back together as this will also cause it to malfunction.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I tried siphoning water in the tubes one more time and stated the motor and then hooked up the tubes to the pick-ups and it pulled water this time. ran about 1/2 to 3/4 of tank and got my low needle set and idle set where its running good. Turned it off 2 times and each time I went to start it I had to prime the tubes again before it would work, don't know if one or both diaphrams are bad, but before I take the pump off I want to try it at the pond or lake first it see if it will work on its own first. THanks again for all the input guys this site is the best especially for a newbe. dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well i got my motor back and i need to know what 1/4" drive strut people have switched too so i don't lose any props. also with the collet setup what length flex shaft and prop shaft you have gone to. i know i've asked this before but with the radio box in the rear of the boat and the throttle on the front side of the motor is there a bell crank setup that will fit or do i make my own? thanks i appreciate all the help you guys have given me here.

mark

Thundercat 31
    R42
    Conquest
    SS Motors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm currently installing a CC racing engine in mine. I found that the flex shaft is about .125-250 longer then needed with the collet so I figure I'll just trim as needed. As for the strut I'm also considering changing to .250 inch drive and I figured I'd just drill out the bushings in the current strut. There is plenty of material there. If need be you could push out the old bushings and drill the strut to fit new ones.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i thought about it but having to drill it out oversize to fit the bushing,i wasn't sure if there would be enough meat left. congrats on the motor, i'm trying an s.s. enterprises mod.
    the bushings need 5/16"s plus a flange cut.

Thundercat 31
    R42
    Conquest
    SS Motors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i ordered a new 1/4" strut and a bell crank setup from aeromarine. it would be great if someone could centralize a list of generic parts for a rtr refit. like rudder setups,1/4" struts, throttle setups and linkages, flex shafts and stubs, headers, collets, and what measurements are critical when ordering.

i have for sale on here a black jack 55 clutch with one gal. thru it. it's an excellent replacement clutch because you'll need some of the original screws to mount it. it's $50.00 + ship. it's been totally solid with me. that said it's as is no warranty.

Thundercat 31
    R42
    Conquest
    SS Motors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

removed my gas tank because it wouldn't work with my new throttle setup,going with iv bags(thanks for the info ). going to add weight to the front instead of moving the engine forward. figured i would start with about 10oz's of shot in a noodle. went to 1/4" drive but i'm going to stick with the cable,ferule,stub shaft setup. if i break my cable i won't lose my prop that way. any other little tidbits i'm missing?

Thundercat 31
    R42
    Conquest
    SS Motors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i dropped my SS enterprise mod motor in and went from 38mph to 50mph the only other performance change was a 470/3. no setup tweaks or anything. the one thing i did notice is i have water running out of my DRY pipe. i am really going to have to change out the header pipe. i have a 6717/3 on order from voodoo. who knows what i'll get eventually.

Thundercat 31
    R42
    Conquest
    SS Motors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow! 38mph upto 50mph! very nice..