Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

video from today

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

video from today

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Believe It
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default video from today

got some video of my mono today. Definetely gonna have to adjust the strut to play in the chop better.

http://www.rcuvideos.com/view_video....f78d9a65b900a3
Old 11-23-2006, 07:40 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: video from today

Looks like fun.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:17 PM
saleens7

you call that chop?

try boating to bimini in 5-7 foot seas in a 22 foot contendor doing 20-30mph the entire time without stopping for 2 1/2 hours.....i was holding on to the railing so tight, i couldnt feel or move my fingers for about 20 minutes after i got there..

still, it was a nice run...maybe a sight downward angle for the strut....if you got trim tabs, trim them down a little too.....but im shure you already know that..
Old 11-23-2006, 08:54 PM
crazyotto
My Feedback: (2)

ok i see the simularalities ........

thanks for the vid looks cool
Old 11-23-2006, 08:55 PM
crazyotto

lets see video of the TB
Old 11-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: saleens7

you call that chop?

try boating to bimini in 5-7 foot seas in a 22 foot contendor doing 20-30mph the entire time without stopping for 2 1/2 hours.....i was holding on to the railing so tight, i couldnt feel or move my fingers for about 20 minutes after i got there..

still, it was a nice run...maybe a sight downward angle for the strut....if you got trim tabs, trim them down a little too.....but im shure you already know that..

been there done that. Use to have a 21' Christ Craft Scorpian that id take out in 6-7ft seas all the time (never took it to bimini, mostly just down to marathon). Was a fun boat...too bad someone stole it right after putting a brand new blown 355 in it Was part of the LSBC (Lauderdale Small Boat Club).

no trim tabs... but i know to adjust the strut (its a speedmaster stinger), ive just been more concerned with getting the boat on the water and getting fuel through the new motor more then keeping it stable in rough water
Old 11-23-2006, 09:26 PM
saleens7

running a cris craft in 5-7 foot seas???

arent those the old 1930's 1940's classic boats?

that stinks someone stole it....ever heard of the "reel tension"?? and the guy named pat who won the fishing contest in it?? that was the other boat that went with us....the origional one was stolen or was gutted or something like that....if you ever get the chance, go to bimini, one of the best places to be, its these two little islands about 50 miles off of miami, nice reefs and has one of the best ship wrecs you could dive at.....dont want to get into detail, id take up a lage or two
Old 11-23-2006, 09:46 PM
crazyotto

this is my ride you can take it in what you want and how fast do you want to go???
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99078.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	565688   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56830.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	565689  
Old 11-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Flabum

That thing can't go too fast missing the lower units
Old 11-24-2006, 12:08 AM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: saleens7

running a cris craft in 5-7 foot seas???

arent those the old 1930's 1940's classic boats?

that stinks someone stole it....ever heard of the "reel tension"?? and the guy named pat who won the fishing contest in it?? that was the other boat that went with us....the origional one was stolen or was gutted or something like that....if you ever get the chance, go to bimini, one of the best places to be, its these two little islands about 50 miles off of miami, nice reefs and has one of the best ship wrecs you could dive at.....dont want to get into detail, id take up a lage or two
christ craft made boats for many years. Ours was a mid 80's....pretty much a "mini cigarette" style boat at the time. Have many memories in that boat. Had alternators problems (didnt know at the time) and powered up to light house point...throttled down to come into the inlet and the boat died. Couldnt get it started since the alternator wasnt charging the battery. Started floating toward the jeti and came real close to hitting the rocks before someone backed up, threw us a line and pulled us out to open water... think the fun starts there? heeeeell no... sea tow comes, starts towing us in and some idiot in a 36ft twin outboard donzi slams right into the side of us (only damage done was it destroyed the side window).

Ive been to bimini many times... as we use to go out there on a friends fishing boat, just never took the christ craft out there. Pretty much had the boat out about every weekend, usually having partys on "beer can island"

You may know the boat club we kept the boat at... was on the east side of I95 just before Ft.Lauderdale Airport (before I595)
Old 11-24-2006, 12:09 AM
Believe It
Banned

ORIGINAL: crazyotto

lets see video of the TB

if you go to www.rcuvideos.com and search for my videos, you can see videos of the team believer. Sooner or later ill get it running again.. for now its just sitting waiting for a new flex shaft.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:24 AM
Brett230SX

Otto,

Nice boat for sure.. But I wouldn't say that you can take it out in anything I sure wouldn't want to take it out in true 4 to 6 seas there ain't enough freeboard!

I might be inclined to take a center console out that's 25+ ' with tons of freeboard, lots of deadrise and lots of Carolina Flare but I wouldn't take my go fast out in 6' seas...
Unless I was out and got stuck in it.. then it'd be a white knuckle ride all the way back to shore
Old 11-24-2006, 08:21 AM
crazyotto

yeah i know , i was just showing off my ride , ill tell you though once you are up to speed (over 70mph ) it really can take some big waves , the cats are more dangerous at slow speeds sometimes in the choppier water belive it or not . lots of people talk alot about 6-7 foot waves running in it . if you were in a 20-30 foot boat in those waves believe me it is dangerous ...i live near the ocean and im always out on the water so i see it all the time
Old 11-24-2006, 08:22 AM
crazyotto

also the freeboard is alot higher then it shows in the pics , my boat looks alot smaller on film then in real life
Old 11-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Brett230SX

Otto,

I know what you mean.. it's hard to gauge size and perspective when photoing boats.. When I put mine in the garage it looks small, when I put it behind the truck it sure don't!

Again sharp boat!
Old 11-24-2006, 01:47 PM
crazyotto

thanks , it was alot of work i rigged that entire boat from nothing
Old 11-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Believe It
Banned