Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

M&D Drive or RCM Drive

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

M&D Drive or RCM Drive

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 07:05 PM
RedRocket00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M&D Drive or RCM Drive

I have a warehouse hobbies enforcer super gator, and i am looking into changing all of the hardware on the back of the boat. I am debating either like an M&D Drive, or a RCM drive. i really like the rcm drive, but im not sure which one is best. I play with the boat, and it is stock now. its not a raceboat, and i want to keep it simple and convenient. I would also like a little better turning ability to. What is recomended?
Old 05-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Flabum

Default RE: M&D Drive or RCM Drive

If it's the bling effect you are looking for, the RCM is the way to go, you can polish it to make it shine. However, you will lose speed over the surface drive, but not much.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:48 PM
RedRocket00

it is somewhat the bling i am after, but i love to play with the boat. so turning is very important. how much speed will i loose? See, the problem is that i broke my shaft the other day(that i grease regularly), and i really want to upgrade. im just not sure if i should go with rcm or surface drive(m&d). if i do get the rcm, it is definatley going to be polished
Old 05-07-2007, 09:56 PM
PussyCat60

I think that the M&D Drive would be the better drive! You dont need the bling bling, you need more horsepower.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:08 PM
juicr

The new M&D drive is pretty blingy. Comes in polished aluminum with titanium turnbuckles and a polished bullit for the end of shaft behind the prop.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:46 AM
JDFarmBoy

I can't compare the two but I have a RCM and it really looks good on the boat. Justadwatta is the one who sold me my RCM drive. I don't believe you would loose much top end speed with the drive, I believe the drive output is 16% faster than the input. My advice, go with the RCM, I haven't heard a bad thing about them.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:40 PM
RedRocket00

JDFarmboy, how is the steering on the boat that you run? Also, what are the specs of the boat? I like to play with my boat and i want it to handle pretty equally. the hardware that is on the boat makes turning really wierd. and i do not like it.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:11 PM
JDFarmBoy

The boat seems to handle well, keep in mind I am fairly new to the hobby, but I am impressed with the RCM in every aspect. Boat info, I built a 50" deep-v powered by a zen 260. But I just bought a new hull (54" Fountain) in which the RCM and the Zen are getting transplanted to.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:30 PM
gadabout

Hi Guys,
Where can I get one of these RCM drives, do the manufacturers have a web site and what other boat stuff do they make(engines etc)? Wow thanks for putting up with the questions
cheers
Mark
Old 10-29-2007, 07:30 PM
BB Modss

contact JustAddWata about the RCM drives.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

To be honest - you might be better off with a stinger drive like the M&D or Piranha drive. I like a stern drive asw much as any one but having ran my WHH Vee yesterday - I know she wants to stay light . I really would not add a stern drive to her for fear of disturbing the fun factor she currently affords.

As mentioned - keep the HP you have. The stern drive will add weight that that hull does not want off the transom - that would throw off your balance - then you would need to move the motor etc etc. Save the stern drive for the bigger boats and keep your fun boat a fun boat

Besides - I have heard no word as to any of the new RCM's being produced and the current style are scarce these days.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:45 PM
gadabout

Ok, Thanks for the replies. So where can I get one, does anyone have one for sale? What about contact details for RCM?
thanks
Mark
Old 11-02-2007, 05:07 PM
SS RC Boats

Hey Mark,you can also look at the stinger drive made by Top Secret Boats.They too are a beautiful looking drive which i run on my 65" GTX hull.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:36 PM
BB Modss

Piranha looks cooler. [8D]
Old 11-03-2007, 12:00 PM
SS RC Boats

If u want the looks go with piranha but if you want performance go with the top secret hardware.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:29 PM
gadabout

Guys,
Thanks for the replies but it's only the RCM or MHZ drive that I want (new or used/second hand)
cheers
Mark