Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

woody plans

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 04:24 PM
--shawn--

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default woody plans

can some one please send me soeme plans for a woody im just geting started and im planing on useinga 20cc weedeater
[email protected]
Old 06-13-2007, 09:40 PM
mmurray70

Default RE: woody plans

Somebody should post up all the woody plans and make it a sticky...
Old 06-13-2007, 11:09 PM
dwr9

Ok, we'll see how long it takes the admins here to delete this. Boat plans are located here: http://www.modelpowerboat.com/
Membership is required to download plans, but it is free, no cost to join. Doug
Old 06-14-2007, 02:49 AM
w3bby

ORIGINAL: dwr9
Ok, we'll see how long it takes the admins here to delete this.
A regular occurrence unfortunately, maybe they (mpb) could drop the membership requirement to download, then it could be posted without reprisals...
Old 06-14-2007, 06:07 AM
conrodss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A regular occurrence unfortunately, maybe they (mpb) could drop the membership requirement to download, then it could be posted without reprisals...
just join takes like a minute and doesn't cost anything
Old 06-14-2007, 06:46 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Ian (w3bby) meant these links to that site normally get deleted .
Old 06-14-2007, 07:33 AM
w3bby

ORIGINAL: martno1fan
I think Ian (w3bby) meant these links to that site normally get deleted .
Sure do RCU policy If you are lucky, you (the poster of the link, in this case Doug) gets a pm as well and a light slap on the wrist
Old 06-14-2007, 11:27 PM
knbaudio

thanks for the info doug i went and checked it out some had some nice plans but the one thing i'm looking for is a nice set of plans for a crackerbox the ones on there one hard to read and the other i couldn't open. both of my kids are getting into rc boats my son has two now the small crackerbox has a nitro .20 in it he would like to step up. my daughter 9 and like to get into it so crackerbox are basic but i'm looking for some good plans. my son was given an old sport 40 hydro that was started to be made into a mold so i'm trying to finish and pull one out so he can get into that but he needs to slowly step up into it so if anyone has a set of plans for a gas crackerbox and can email them to me that would be great thanks. kyle
Old 06-14-2007, 11:34 PM
dwr9

Check out http://www.zippkits.com/
They make a nice Crackerbox kit at a price that's hard to beat.
Doug
Old 06-15-2007, 10:41 AM
knbaudio

thanks doug i've looked at them and ya they are great for the price but i'm just looking for plans i can copy to lay out on the wood i have tons of wood and now foam every time i turn around someones getting out of a hobby and i end up with pieces of wood they don't need anymore. so if you or if you know someone who has any plans for wood boats like i said before the kids would like to get into crackerboxes but ant this point we are looking at some other also. thanks. kyle
Old 06-16-2007, 06:34 AM
martno1fan

hi mate sorry did anyone send you the plans yet?ive lost track of the people ive sent them to lately
Old 06-16-2007, 09:17 AM
knbaudio

no not yet my email is [email protected] and my house is [email protected] and if you need my mailing address if easier just let me know thanks. kyle
Old 06-16-2007, 09:46 AM
martno1fan

kyle i have the gas mono plans or crackerbox in pdf but crackerbox is a 4 ft boat not a small one?
Old 06-16-2007, 11:18 AM
knbaudio

ya thats fine at this point an crackerbox is fine but the gas powered are about 47" long anyway right the one you have is ok to run in namba races if we get back into that right and the other question is whats the best set for the boat you have motor and running hardware wise. and i can open a pdf file i do signs and graphics so i can open just about any form. i also been looking for someone who like to trade services for a whole kit motor and all even if i had to put together if you know of anything let me know sometime and thanks for your time.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:47 AM
martno1fan

ill send the plans as soon as i get chance ill send the gas mono and cracker.im running a 28 cc weedyd standard strut setup surface drive prather 280 prop 1/4 flex coupled to 1/4" stainles steel shaft via a brass ferule and an offset rudder i used the standard square ended flex in that slides into the clutches square drive hole.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:12 PM
knbaudio

just got your email and thanks for the info i wrote it down i'll start finding the stuff for them and i'll look for the plans can't wait to get started my daughter is jumping up and down its cool a 9 year old girl want to get into boats let me know if you have a problem sending them thanks again.kyle
Old 06-18-2007, 03:16 AM
martno1fan

cracker box plans sent mate im going top send the mono plans as tiles will take 5 emails as they are big files let me know when you have them?.on the crackerbox ones i used my windows paint programe to open it and printed from there and it tiled it for me .
mart
Old 06-18-2007, 08:09 AM
knbaudio

hey thanks i got them this morning i've got to save them down before anyone deletes by mistake but they look good the crackerbox was alittle blury but i'm going to download some other software to this computer so hopefully it opens better and is clear but thanks again. kyle
Old 06-18-2007, 09:30 AM
martno1fan

use windows paint programm that comes standard on windows xp when you go to file at the top and click print it opens it as tiles and prints pretty well.to be honest though for a beginer boat id stick to the deep v they are more forgiving than a crackerbox and will handle most conditions too .
Old 06-18-2007, 10:09 AM
knbaudio

ya i went to window paint and just printed but there no sizes on there my sons been running boats for alittle over a year we don't race this areas boat club shut down many years ago from what the other guys talk about one of there good friend was killed in a bike accident and he was the main guy for the club and i guess everyone just could keep it going but the only thing is he did ensure we could always use the pond no matter what the county did with the property so that cool. anyway do you have size or what should i blow this up to, to get the right sizes thanks again.kyle
Old 06-18-2007, 10:36 AM
martno1fan

i just clicked print and it prints the correct size or did for me!!when i open it with paint it opens full size does it for you?.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:34 AM
knbaudio

it opened and printed it on a 8.5 x 11 letter size paper so if you can let know how to make to scale or if you have any sizes for me the plans look good i can read them just no to size. on the crackerbox now the mono i looked at those and they open one half of the plans for each plans i think they are full size i'll print one to see.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:40 AM
martno1fan

you need to right click the file then choose open with and choose a programme from the list and i chose paint then it opens full size and prints as tiles each one on a4 size paper!!when you tape them all together you have a full plan im not sure the exact size but its about 50" or so .the mono is scaled to size just print all the parts in order and tape them up and you have all the parts needed to the correct size .if you want it for a weedy motor raise the sides a little all i and others did is pick the highest pint of the side pieces and draw a lin from there to the transom making the transome the same hight ,this helps raise the freeboard for the extra weight of the weedy engine and also helps for running in rough water too.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:06 PM
SLTRAM98

So, I have until Tausday to biuld one of these boats. WHat is thefastest way to make a good hull. I have a weed eater engine, and everything I need EXCEPT a hull!! Does any one have any ideas!! NEED DESPERATE HELP!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 06:44 PM
lildude2599

You can build Doug's boat in a few days if you are good. I did it in a week or so as my first build. Now take in to mind i did work on it all day long. His is the one just about everyone builds as there first boat. Give dwr9 a pm and i'm sure he can send them to you. Here is my boat i built form Doug's plans. This is about one easy boat to build. It's all on what kind of boat you want to build. This is maybe the best boat for a weedy motor because of the open top.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13470.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	1193464