Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

new to gas need carb help

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

new to gas need carb help

Old 06-14-2007, 08:16 AM
01bronco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to gas need carb help

just got a used prather with a 25cc homelite motor, its stock I got it started but would not idel then it stopped now it just floods out every time I try to start it so I just cleaned the carb. does anyone know a good starting point for the air gas needles? one has a L the other a H. It was set at 1 turn from bottom for L and two turns from bottom for H.
your help is really needed thank you Gregg
Old 06-14-2007, 08:32 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: new to gas need carb help

high needle needs to be 2 1/4 turns open from closed,low needle 1 1/8 open from closed.dont screw in too tight when closing them.this is a good starting point for the needles then id close the high one a bit at a time 1/8 turn at a time till she runs better.thats what i started mine at anyway after advice given,mines a 28 cc weedy with a walbro wa167 carb.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:05 PM
MrMikeG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new to gas need carb help

Are you sure you put the gaskets back in right side up? Those little flappy things on the gasket act as check valves to stop it from flooding. They won't seal properly if installed upside down or the tinyest amout of dirt or grease gets under them.