Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

ENFORCER ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 04:42 PM
david007
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ENFORCER ?

Hay guy's I was running my man o war on sat. and I started taking on water. so I took out the radio box and found out the Iso-pad was leaking by. I am the 2nd owner and I think the guy built the boat him self, So when I took the iso-pad out there was a big pile of silicone at the front. My question to the pro's is when I install the new pad that is on the way do I sillicone it flat to the bottom or lift the front of it like it was to help meet up with the engine? Any help will be great, Thanks in advance.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:27 PM
soundguykaraoke50

Default RE: ENFORCER ?

try to remove all the silicone that you can,reinstall the isopad with lots of silicone,make sure that you use enough to seal the shaft tube around the hole in the transom.you can wipe off the exess off with a rag or you can let this cure and use a razor blade to clean up the oze around the edges of the pad and the shaft exit.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Flabum

The front of the Iso Pad should not be "lifted to meet the engine". Sounds like the bend in the stuffig tube is incorrect. You may need a new stuffing tube and fit it so that it lines up with the engigine without any stress on the Iso Pad.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:32 PM
david007
My Feedback: (26)

Thanks for the fast responces, what you guy's say makes sence and that's what I thought but I did'nt want to put it in wrong. Thanks again guy's that's why this is such a great place.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:44 PM
rolland

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a link to the installation instructions. http://www.whobbies.com/isopad.htm

rolland