Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Exceed Racing boats?

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Exceed Racing boats?

Old 12-08-2011, 05:16 AM
SFC K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed Racing boats?

I was doing some looking for large scale Gas boats and notice there is not much to find here on these boats. I did look at the recent thread here on Exceed boats, but it does not really answer any of my questions I have about them.

I’m not really a fan of Exceeds ground based RC’s, but their boats have caught my attention. I’m looking at either getting a large scale Gas boat or BL version deep V type boat to enjoy during the summer months in MN.

I’m wondering if these are just complete junk or worth a look so please be honest if you respond. I was looking at the 50” deep V’s and for an ARTR I can get one for $270. One thing I did notice is the Hulls look really thin and in some of the pictures you can see the decals on from the inside looking out. This leads me to believe they are not that strong but I don't really know. The motors don’t have that quality look to them either. So anyone have any comments to share on this brand?

Thanks!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:50 AM
pyro1

Default RE: Exceed Racing boats?

My friend bought one. Its cheaply made runs slow & the hdw is made very poorly. They are by no means racing boats. Looks like they copied the Enforcer Super G hull & put a lid on it. With these products (Exceed) you GET what you paid for. Yes they are Junk. Left Exceed boat (Cheap poor quality) Right Enforcer Super G. (highest quality & reliability)

pyro1
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx69862.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	1697028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51346.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1697029  
Old 12-08-2011, 06:25 AM
SFC K

Thanks for your honesty! That is kind of what I figured based on their Ground based RC's too.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Would strongly recommend taking a look at the[link=http://www.whhonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SUPERG] Super G by Warehouse Hobbies[/link] Super G by Warehouse Hobbies. One of the best value boats out there. Not so much a racer but tough as nails and you will end the day smiling for many seasons of boating.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:55 PM
wichers00

yeah the boat is thin on the sides and top but the bottom is thick. it does not flex at all. the boat i bought has a nice motor in it. the boats with clutches are garbage, a modified weedeat persay. if you go back to my thread im about to post a video of it running. it really surprised me alot. its a good learner boat that will teach to to later build a realiable boat. if i had more money i would have gotten the enforcer super g though.