Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Spektrum in Magnum 57??

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Spektrum in Magnum 57??

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 08:20 PM
baldwinc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum in Magnum 57??

I've searched but come up fairly empty handed, so I figured I'd ask. I have an Airtronics M8 with the Novak synth module and (2) Novak XXtra receivers. Both receivers glitch like mad in the boat, even with the motor off, yet my JR non-synth receiver is fine. I fly Spektrum in all my planes, so my question is- is 2.4GHz any good in boats? I've heard both, some say they're great, some say they suck. Right now, I'm not happy with what I have and am wondering if I should get the spektrum or Airtronics 2.4G modules for my M8?

And BTW, why are both my synth Novaks going bezerk in my boat? I've got the antennas run away from possible interferences, good batteries, and as I said earlier, they even lose signal with the motor off (antenna extended, walking around the yard, both go dead in the same spots in both the water and in my yard) whereas my non synth JR receiver doesn't.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:00 PM
bentley marshall

Default RE: Spektrum in Magnum 57??

i use a spectrum dx3 gsm in my boats and 1/5 petrol cars with no probs at all
Old 09-06-2007, 03:01 AM
Tell 1uk

HI I am using the new futaba 6ex 2.4g with no probs on water what so ever, when I used a normal radio setup I had various psobs glitches and loss of signal.My mate (Wayne U.K.) has the spectrum unit DX3 but has issues with signal range over water with limited area in which to run and others have had the same probs over water. The strange thing is some boaters have no issues with the DX3 it seems to me the futaba at the moment might be the safer choice.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:27 PM
YKNOTRC

Hi, I run a Spektrum DX3 with a SR3000 receiver in my Magnum 57 ,I had some range issues at first (Thank god for the fail-safe,lol) I moved the receiver out of the radio box and mounted it to the transom,also added a Y harness for the steering servo, all is good now![8D]
Old 09-10-2007, 02:12 PM
babflyer
My Feedback: (2)

I tried a couple am 27 band dependable radios with no luck. This is my first time using a failsafe and it would kick in way to soon. I bought a jr xs3 pro and its doing well although the failsafe still kicks in occasionally. When it does kick in its basically time to be turning anyway so Its not bothering me as its kind of a warning that i am getting kind of far out. The thing is the stearing always seems to be fine. Seems the failsafe needs or could use to be perfect (for me) a gain adjuster or something so you could set the sensitivity on how much interference it needs to trip.