Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

FedEx shipping damage.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

FedEx shipping damage.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 09:04 AM
warrgy69
My Feedback: (63)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FedEx shipping damage.

Hey guys, need some advice. I received a hull that is cracked from Fedex Ground shipping. It was a package deal and the shipper insured for 1500. The hull is not bad but the paint has been chipped off due to the crush. Epoxy resin (prather). Fedex was notified about this and the damage to the 1/5 car and they came out to pick it up. Shipper set up this "inspection" but the driver said he needed to take it and ship to other facility for inspection and claim. I did not allow him to take it. Is this standard for claims? The engine and other stuff is fine. Only the 1/5 car body and hull is damaged. Can anyone inform me on what to do as I don't want them to take everything, only the damaged goods. I have never dealt with this before. Thanks, any info will be helpful.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:38 AM
GnrlPatton

Default RE: FedEx shipping damage.

I'm not sure about FedEx, but when I worked at UPS they would always send an Acct Executive to inspect any damages, especially for high value items like yours. I'm sure that FedEx has AEs, maybe you could ask them to send one out, or at least take it yourself to a nearby FedEx center for them to look at. I wouldn't give them everything including the non-damaged items though... Be sure you keep the packaging it came in, including any styrofoam, peanuts, etc. as they will want to make sure it was packed properly before paying out the claim.

Good luck with it!
Kevin
Old 10-11-2007, 11:11 AM
fastlane7

I would suggest that you don't let it out of your sight. You may want to prepare yourself for the old "Insufficent Packaging" excuse. I had 2 inspectors come to my house so there shouldn't be a need for you to bring it to them unless FedEx does things differently. I settled a claim for $540 from DHL for my damaged boat but it took 2 1/2 months of phone calls, inspections and waiting. Ask for the regional branch manager and deal with him only! Otherwise, you'll be explaining yourself over & over to different customer service reps, repeating claim numbers and so on. As Kevin said, keep all original packing because they will want to see how well it was protected. Here's a few before & after photo's of the complete rebuild of my boat. Good Luck with your claim!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78893.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	780995   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33146.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	780996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk17714.jpg
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	780997   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dw65179.jpg
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	780998  
Old 10-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Flabum

The shipper is responsible for the damage since the insurance was bought by the shipper. Get with the shipper and make the necessary arrangements. if it was bought with a credit card, make a stop payment notice until the claim is resolved.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:00 AM
warrgy69
My Feedback: (63)

I no longer have the packaging. There was stuff falling out and it was so far damaged not worth keeping. I do have pics of it though. I don't know what to do yet. Just so tired and hard to think right now.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:17 AM
leejax02
My Feedback: (1)

Honestly, think about how much it will cost to repair it over the aggravation of the claim and the headache involved, and go from there. I had damages and it was not worth the hassle, but that was me. Do what it takes to get you running and hopefully it will be refunded in time. Shipping insurance is tricky as they should have inspected the packaging before they shipped it...or that was my experience with them when I shipped packages over 1000.00, and they always say that you should use hard foam instead of popcorn, bubblewrap, newspaper,etc. They always "recommend" shipping in the original packaging were applicable.