Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

prop angle

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:40 PM
munro1656

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop angle

I'am working on putting the strut and drive assembly on my boat and just wanted to find out if any one knows the angle that the prop should be sitting cause i've heard that you have the prop facing up a bit but then again i've heard from others that it's not nessesary can any one tell me facts on this
Old 11-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Believe It
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: prop angle

depends on the hull, setup, what prop it is, what you are doing with the boat... many variables.....

With positive in the strut (angled up) it throws the cone upwards which most of the time will lift the bow/sponsons up.. while negative (angled down) throws the cone downwards and will keep the bow/sponson's down on the water.

Then theres also the effect that with a prop with more lift with positive in the strut will lift the transom while keeping the bow/sponson's down on the water.

The best thing to do is just start out with the strut set level then adjust after running the boat.