Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

silencer for blackjack 55?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

silencer for blackjack 55?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:32 PM
kwiktsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default silencer for blackjack 55?

Any advice on silencers that actually work for my bj55? I ran the boat today and one of the residents in my community flipped out about the sound (HOA's SUCK!). It was ~1:30pm, I figured it was the best time to run it, but he still complained .

Are there any our there that actually work pretty decent? Thanks.
Joe
Old 08-22-2008, 09:56 PM
schnipster

Default RE: silencer for blackjack 55?

go to horizon hobby online they have actual proboat silencers..they work i use them....you will also never notice the power loss....
Old 08-22-2008, 10:03 PM
kwiktsi

Thanks, I thought I had read that they didn't work very well somewhere on here. Is it really a noticeable sound difference? I found this one ( http://69.49.183.35/ProductDetails.a...uctCode=EX9070 ) on WHH's site, seems like this would definitely make it pretty quiet! Would you happen to have any video of yours running with the silencer so I can get an "idea" on the sound level? I just need to make sure these people here won't *****.. You are allowed to boat on our lake here, but only electric and row boats- no gas boats allowed. A couple board members say it doesn't apply to toys, only boats that carry passengers, others say it is no gas motors at all, so I am trying to stay on their good side and below the radar- quiet is good when trying to accomplish this . Thanks again for your help!
Joe
Old 08-23-2008, 02:34 PM
jwrape

Yea, I'm gonna have to get something like this to run mine on the local lake too. I know it would irratate someone on the Docks so I will have to go ahead and silence it before it gets out in the water for the first time.