Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

apache owners

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

apache owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 09:17 PM
wannagofast115

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: apache owners

Question for you 56" and 57" apache owners what kind of speeds are getting out of a stock or only mild mod single zen260 if anyone is running them? Thanks
Old 08-31-2010, 09:36 PM
apache 1

Too bad about the ballantine, but I understand. As much as I like the 65s they're just too damn big and expensive. Our 57s are big enough . As far as how fast an apache will go with any said engine is hard to say given there is a big grey area of drive train and prop. My hull probably weighs a few pounds more than yours being a capricorn , and yours may weigh a little more than Marts'.
I'd like to put a quickdraw in mine even though Paula at quickdraw recommended I didn't due to bad ventilation. I'm just putting a cheep cy25 in it for now. I'll come up with something hopefully later that wont break the bank or disapoint me.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:09 PM
wannagofast115

LOL apache1 thats exactly what I am going to be running is sikk 26cc for now. I hope to buy a zen later to keep as an old reliable motor. I should have some pics up later this week with the boat completed and ready to test run.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:35 PM
rcguy1411

sorry to hear about the Ballintine hull as i was awaitiong the build as an insparation to get mine going due to another financhial setback mine has just been postponed and the cash for my engines just went bye bye againe i also have thought about selling my Ballintine but just cant bear it im lucky that i have a 57" capricorn Apache that is a blast to run but it is also in need of a repower as the pro mod homelight just isn t cutting it any more hope to get a couple (three) engines from gizmo this winter barring any more setbacks hope you have good luck with the 57
Old 09-01-2010, 06:45 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: apache 1

Glad to see you named your boats apropriately Mart. I was a little worried.
Must say they're quite nice.
Really like to see wannagofasts' 65in ballantine take shape.
Like to get mine done too.
Lol i dont know what you mean ,ohh and whadyaa mean quite nice theyre bloody loveley .Run awesome too with no tabs or fins 56.3 mph a customer just clocked on its maiden run with a zen 7 [X(],just shows what making sure the hull has no hooks in it does for its performance .
Mart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi3j98-UYrY
Old 09-01-2010, 06:04 PM
wannagofast115

Thats pretty quick lol they look like they ride nice to. Still kinda of a newbie lol what a zen 7? Thanks
Old 09-02-2010, 04:08 AM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: wannagofast115

Thats pretty quick lol they look like they ride nice to. Still kinda of a newbie lol what a zen 7? Thanks
Fully modded zenoah from Prestwich UK ,the number 7 stands for 7 hp very strong motors.
Mart
Old 09-02-2010, 12:54 PM
apache 1

Quite right Mart, bloody well right. Great looking site for boating too by the way.
Mine is still in the gathering stages because I can't keep myself from wanting to change everything. Hard to even make time for it anyway. I always get busted by the Samurai Princess Warrior with "don't you have anything more important to do"? Going to tell her NO one day. Otherwise this one will never get to the pond.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55631.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1494081  
Old 09-04-2010, 01:59 PM
209lakerunner

ive been looking and reading about all these apaches/scarabs and there all beautiful/customs..i love these boat the line and the way they lookin the water.. but my question is i bought a 1998 model 55"scarab with a 30cc cobra/homelite it runs good but want to pull out the motor and put in a zenoah 230 or 260 just need too know whats the diffrence between pum/puh and why do people ask for the numbers on the engine..im new too gas boating so this is why the ? and also if someone could tell me where too go for good shipping rate i have a chance too buy a 46" scarab unbuilt with a zenoah 230pum it has everthing too build just needs radio/receiver and servos but has everthing else.the boat is in florida (brenton)and im in cali(stockton)just need the least inexpensive way possible thanks too everyone helping me...
Old 09-05-2010, 09:19 AM
apache 1

Did you grab that sikk 26 off the dock? Looked like a good deal to me. The mounts look better than the originals. I opted for top secret mounts. My first hurdle is the fact my hull has 6in rail spacings and have to make up that difference. I'm probably going to redue the whole thing, so it would be nice to see what you are up to. Seeing we got the same build going.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:12 PM
wannagofast115

Yes I got it off the dock. The mounts would actually would work well with your 6" rails cause mine didnt fit in the 5" rails with the rubber isolators I have just a little to skinny would have fit in 6" rails perfect.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:45 PM
apache 1

Not worth swapping as I live in Canada. I got my sikk for 150 shipped,new. So far I've got the O'neil Bros. deepv exhaust system, arrowshark clutch and top secret mounts. Have'nt quite decided on a drive system, but so far I'm thinking on top secrets' skegged strut and designer dual 5 or 6in rudders. I'll probably switch my whh radio box over to a snap lid also. Its worked great on my shockwave and I'm sick of taping. Just going to cut up some 1/2in spacers out of ply with the hole saw to make up the one inch difference in the 6in rails. Those rails will be perfect if I go with a blata 39 later on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39923.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1495917   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63802.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1495918  
Old 09-05-2010, 10:37 PM
wannagofast115

I didnt mean to swap lol. Ill take pics of my boat tomorrow its pretty much done just fine tunning some things. Its has a warehouse hobbies clutch with nose cone with there dual rudders and spd3 drive. It already had the whhobbies radio box setup so I just left it.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:18 PM
adrianojp

Hello to all Apache owners,

I am a new member to this site, but have been reading you all for some time. Thank you for your contributions!

Recently I decided to build an Apache boat:
I thought that this thread could be the best place where to retrieve some very informed advice on hull selection. (always if you wish to share with me!)

Here are the details of what I want, and have to do with it:
- Boat use: open sea, driven from a real boat, chopping thru 20-30inch waves!
- Hull requisites: length 56-70inch, Apache, Deep and sharp V.
- Will build exact scale of the new McManus 57 Tomahawk.

Choice is narrowed down to: MHZ 60' Apache - Mart's 58' Waverider Apache - Expresscraft 70' Apache

Please help me out with your experiences and suggestions on these or other hulls I may have missed.
Thank you for contributing!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:46 PM
rcguy1411

there is also the Ballintine 65 " Apache that has just gone back in to production i have an original and they are great hulls the guys that are making them are over on jrcbd they seem to be on the ball as far as quality and materials used i belive i read somewhere that the deck on the expresscraft needs a bulkhead or the deck can fold durring a stuff
Old 09-14-2010, 06:10 PM
martno1fan

I can only vouch for my own hull,its strong straight as a die with no hooks and handles perfectly without the need of trim tabs which i think says a lot about it.It will not twist in fact that has been tested by a few guys when i sent one to a race meet,they all agreed theyre strong.The layup on them is better than most too with quality cloth used along with carbon fibre from transom to 1/3rd the length of the hull.For the price you will not find anything close as regards quality of that im certain.All my hulls are left in the moulds for a minimum of 3 days while i fit the engine rails and transom wood so everything stays straight while the parts fully cure.Thanks for considering mine you have great taste and remember im only just over the channell .
Old 09-15-2010, 02:37 AM
adrianojp

Thank you both for your kind advice!

Mart - I have sent you two emails in the last days, but no reply... Did you receive them?
I am very interested in your hull, but would appreciate talking about a couple of mods.

Cheers,
adriano
Old 09-15-2010, 03:09 AM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: adrianojp

Thank you both for your kind advice!

Mart - I have sent you two emails in the last days, but no reply... Did you receive them?
I am very interested in your hull, but would appreciate talking about a couple of mods.

Cheers,
adriano
Hi no i didnt recieve them ill check my spam box but heres my email just in case.
Mart
[email protected]
Just found it m8 it was in my spam sory about that ill get back to you ASAP cheers.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:34 AM
martno1fan

Just replied to your email m8 look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:23 PM
adrianojp

All right,

this is just to inform you that after having had an email chat with Martin, Ibought his 58 Waverider Apache!

Sounds like a great guy, very available and kind. The hull seems really solid, and I will do my best to make a really clean and performing build out of it!
Hull will go in to production next week, and should get to me within the month, hopefully!

Have various aces up my sleeve, hope I will be able to open an interesting build thread.

Thank you all for now, cheers,
AJ
Old 09-15-2010, 03:38 PM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: adrianojp

All right,

this is just to inform you that after having had an email chat with Martin, I bought his 58 Waverider Apache!

Sounds like a great guy, very available and kind. The hull seems really solid, and I will do my best to make a really clean and performing build out of it!
Hull will go in to production next week, and should get to me within the month, hopefully!

Have various aces up my sleeve, hope I will be able to open an interesting build thread. [img][/img]

Thank you all for now, cheers,
AJ
Thanks for the kind words AJ,im sure your build will be a very interesting one .
Mart
Old 09-15-2010, 04:36 PM
snatch-it

you wont regret it,
i have one if these and it runs real well, it gets a trashing every weekend and it takes it.
any problems or questions marts your man,
by the way mart youve got to get to the lake one sunday and have a bash with us, speak to you soon,

nigel
Old 09-16-2010, 02:22 AM
martno1fan

Thanks for that,good to hear from a happy customer ,yea Nige i know Gaz keeps telling me the same but Sundays arent the best day for me to get out boating talking of which the way things are going my spare time is getting less and less but i cant complain really if it keeps me building and selling hulls.I do appreciate all the compliments and i will continue to provide the best boats i can to my customers,ive also made a few good friends among them too cheers .
Mart
Old 09-18-2010, 04:51 PM
apache 1

" Various aces up my sleeve", Milan Italy huh? My bet is Adriano is going to put a blata in his and build a killer apache. Looking forward to seeing it.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:50 AM
adrianojp

ORIGINAL: apache 1

" Various aces up my sleeve", Milan Italy huh? My bet is Adriano is going to put a blata in his and build a killer apache. Looking forward to seeing it.

Well, well! you are very right, you got me!
I will be putting a Blata in this hull, single drive, and I will do my best to make it a killer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.