Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

72'' mono - 33MPH first run

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

72'' mono - 33MPH first run

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 11:07 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 72'' mono - 33MPH first run

Clutch is allways a good idea in my opinion you will lose a little speed but not that much maybe a cpl mph.by the way angling the rudder blades in towards the transom as in tuck them in a touch will also raise the bow might help get her planing better.Lots of things to try on a boat .
Old 03-09-2008, 11:08 AM
s2sinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

Nice video mate she goes well,maybe some trimming of the drive will let her run a bit looser try lowering the whole drive a bit ,keep same angle but if it will lower the drive down a tad and that will make the boat raise out of the water some and help speed maybe.Im trying to load a video from this morning but its taking ages wish it had been as calm on my lake today[X(].
Mart

Was calm man but too F.......g wind and gold.

We make all the test after I have back the hull. It will be also some kilos less than now

Im talking with one person here ( owner of twin Math engines ) if we have a deal I will put them on the 72 if not I will order Twin Zenoah.

After all I have to say thanks to Doug for the nice plans let on network and thanks to all the people here for the details and help ( with one way or another ). Also I wanna see the rest of the 72 boat are build or in the way to the water to compare it with my.

This week you have to help me with the new hull I will build

Old 03-09-2008, 11:09 AM
s2sinner

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

Clutch is allways a good idea in my opinion you will lose a little speed but not that much maybe a cpl mph.by the way angling the rudder blades in towards the transom as in tuck them in a touch will also raise the bow might help get her planing better.Lots of things to try on a boat .

I was reading last night for a few hours about that......I start learning... Test Test Test
Old 03-09-2008, 11:48 AM
martno1fan

Try a book called advanced r/c boat modelling by John Finch its well worth a read.Lots of good tips on settups and trimming etc,i got mine from amazon uk ill post a link for you
[link]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Advanced-R-C-Boat-Modeling/dp/0911295216/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205081279&sr=1-1[/link]
Old 03-09-2008, 11:54 AM
s2sinner

Thanks Mart....That book it will be interest

I have print all the plans for the new mono......Tomorrow I start it....And this time i try to make it perfect ( and let it in wood colors )

I will upload photos.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:57 AM
martno1fan

Look forward to the build mate have you read my old one ?,i changed the plans a lot on mine mainly raised the sides a lot but other things too.Thats the great thing about scratch building you can change things to suit what you want .
Mart
Old 03-10-2008, 02:35 PM
s2sinner

I have order the engine and the woods, I will have them tomorrow so I will start cut them.

What you have change? Where is the plans?

Also please let me know the link of the build forum of your boat ( i cant find it ).

P.S. Today I was watching your Videos......In that lake of yours is never calm that waters?

P.S.2 Advise - Change lake
Old 03-10-2008, 04:53 PM
martno1fan

lol ill find the link for yaa as for plans i cant help i dont have them on here now,ask w3bby he has them in pdf and tiled which helps a lot when printing.i raised the sides on mine from the transom to 2/3 the length of the hull i also flared the area where the deck joins the sides to create spray rails also added strakes underneath too.Cant change the lake no more lakes near [] its not too bad in summer but it can get rough when the wind blows as you can see .
here it is only 29 pages or so
[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5452887/anchors_5452887/mpage_1/key_new%252Cscratch%252Cbuilt%252Cmono/anchor/tm.htm#5452887[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20956.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	900185  
Old 03-10-2008, 05:42 PM
s2sinner

Default RE: 72'' mono Help Needed - Amateur in that hobby....

Steve here is one video with my boat on 482 and normal can pipe.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--i9YV_8hBQ]Video....[/link]

I have send it to be polyester and I have order new engine(s)

Vassilis
Old 09-10-2008, 10:30 AM
RCGasBoat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 72'' mono Help Needed - Amateur in that hobby....

I am wondering if the frames were cut w/o the hollow outs how much heavier would the hull be and how does it affect its handling and performance......my guestimate another 1/2 kg heavier??