Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Where to buy expresscraft?

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Where to buy expresscraft?

Old 05-13-2008, 11:37 PM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where to buy expresscraft?

Hello,
I have decided to get an Expresscraft Thunderbolt as my first gas boat. I have tried contacting 4 different places to get a quote (I'm in Australia) and so far I have not recieved a single reply.
Can anyone recommend a place I could get this hull from?
Old 05-13-2008, 11:44 PM
CaptJohnT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where to buy expresscraft?

talk to Tom @ expresscraft.com. He is a great guy and will help you anyway he can
Old 05-14-2008, 12:03 AM
infinityteg

i spoke to tom at expresscraft to get mine to new zealand. i tried emailing him a couple of times but no reply. i guess he didnt think i was so serious about getting one untill i rang him about it. shipping the hull to NZ was going to be about $400us
Old 05-14-2008, 12:27 AM
GRANT ED

Hmmm. I had already emailed him. He said he would get back to me with a price but hasn't.
$400 shipping does not sound to good. What do other international people do regarding buying big hulls?
Old 05-14-2008, 02:14 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Tom had a pretty serious accident a few weeks ago racing bikes and was in hospital for over a week. I am not sure as to the timing of your inquiry but he may be tied up a little more at the moment than normal.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:16 AM
SS RC Boats

Since i have moved back home to Bermuda from Fl. i fly to get my boats if they are over 50" because the bigger they get the more the shipping cost. Last year when i bought my 65" GTX from Expresscraft the cheapest shipping cost was $650 but for me to fly only cost me $500 including hotel room for a night.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:27 PM
GRANT ED

Hmmmm, looks like I won't be getting an expresscraft then. Thats a pity because the thunderbolt had really grown on me.
Maybe Expresscraft needs an Aus dealer [8D].
Old 05-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Paul M

Maybe you could get together with some of your buddies and put together a multiple shipment. Wouldn't that cut the freight some?
Old 05-19-2008, 10:12 AM
korkka

Did you try Plumkrazyrcboats? I ordered mine from them, to Finland!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:05 PM
GRANT ED

I have emailed Plumkrazy twice. Once I recieved a reply saying they will get back to me in 1 working day but that was over a week ago and I still have not recieved a reply.

In response to Paul. It may save a bit but I dont know anyone that would want to get a boat like this.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:32 AM
MrMikeG

Give me an idea of what style hull you want and I can give you a suggestion of where to get it.
They're racing in Adelaide on Sunday, if you haven't gone to a race you should check it out. I won't be there this weekend but there are many guys there willing to help out.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:51 AM
MrMikeG

I looked up the Thundercat, get a hold of Mark Jordan from Jordon's Boating Centre in Port Macquarie, he has the molds for a similar hull, came second this year at the Nationals if I remember right. You can check out the Nationals results for yourself on the AMPBA website.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:10 AM
GRANT ED

Mr Mike,
I am after a cat (obviously). I plan on using a modded zen 260 for power. I guess I'm looking for around the 50 inch mark. I am only after a scale type of cat. I prob won't be racing much so the pure race hulls, seaducer and the like don't interest me.
I did find viperhulls from aus. They are selling a 66 inch cat. They will be selling a 50 inch version but it won't be available for a few months at the earliest.
I could get an aeromarine conquest pretty easily but I feel the thunderbolt is better for me (a bit bigger and looks much better).
A friend of mine is looking at the racing on sunday but I have to work this weekend so will miss it.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:36 AM
MrMikeG

Mark Jordon has just the hull for you, looks more scale than race but it is pretty fast as well!
Old 05-20-2008, 06:33 PM
dicko

A friend of mine is looking at the racing on sunday but I have to work this weekend so will miss it.
I can't make it Grant, I agreed to sail & Ken hasn't finished the new Sidewinder yet anyway. hopefully next month.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:42 PM
stuch

ORIGINAL: SS RC Boats

Since i have moved back home to Bermuda from Fl. i fly to get my boats if they are over 50" because the bigger they get the more the shipping cost. Last year when i bought my 65" GTX from Expresscraft the cheapest shipping cost was $650 but for me to fly only cost me $500 including hotel room for a night.
bull crap it will cost $650 to ship it if its under 60lbs a freight co will ship it for like a $100. you must have got a quote from fedex or ups for$650.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:50 PM
GRANT ED

ORIGINAL: MrMikeG

Mark Jordon has just the hull for you, looks more scale than race but it is pretty fast as well!
Any more info on the Mark Jordan hull?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:09 PM
SS RC Boats

FYI...yes it was a quote from a freight company but that also included duty which is what we have to pay to import items here and if you want the names to check yourself i can give them to you. FedEx and UPS was even more and that would take two days to get here to Bermuda,so if it is going to be cheaper to fly for a day then why not!
Old 05-21-2008, 03:29 AM
MrMikeG

I'll try to find some pics, but if your in a rush he's in Port Macquarie and owns Jordon's boating centre.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:11 PM
mauian

It cost us here in Hawaii 250.00 bucks to have a MTI hull shipped by FEDEX and thats the only way I would recommend shippiing a large hull. Remember the saying, UPS means United Parcel Smashers, USPS means United Squished Parcel Smashers........lol.[>:]
Old 05-22-2008, 06:59 AM
MrMikeG

Here ya go, Aussie made just for you!
http://www.mypage.tsn.cc/portrcmodel...ssie/index.htm
Old 06-25-2008, 10:04 AM
west ozzy racer

those shipping prices are crap. most of this shops charge way more for shipping then neaded. yes ive had one place tell me it would cost 500. to ship to me .......
i know of meany people getting large items shipped to aust for 120 ..........

i can get 50 inch hulls shipped out of the usa for 120. (shipping cost only ) and 260. for a 60 inch hull.........

ive just orded a thunder cat and it should be hear in 3 to 4 weeks...........................[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]
Old 06-25-2008, 11:55 AM
cat samich

i talked with tom at expresscraft about a week ago, he had mentioned the problems he was having but told me by the end of the month he would be back at it again full force. i too was interested in the same cat you were, or maybe the super cat. regardless give him another ring, he should be close to full operations by now.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:24 AM
GRANT ED

ORIGINAL: west ozzy racer

those shipping prices are crap. most of this shops charge way more for shipping then neaded. yes ive had one place tell me it would cost 500. to ship to me .......
i know of meany people getting large items shipped to aust for 120 ..........

i can get 50 inch hulls shipped out of the usa for 120. (shipping cost only ) and 260. for a 60 inch hull.........

ive just orded a thunder cat and it should be hear in 3 to 4 weeks...........................[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]
With which company?? I got several quotes to ship a hull to me from the US. The cheapest was still over $400aus.
Don't really feel like paying almost $1000aus for a hull that cost $350 in the US.
Nevermind that expresscraft stopped responding to my emails after they found out I was in Australia [:@]
Old 06-26-2008, 07:37 AM
MrMikeG

Talk to Jordo mate.