Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

I AM A CHINESE I BUILD A BOAT BY MYSELF.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

I AM A CHINESE I BUILD A BOAT BY MYSELF.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 04:41 PM
htawfik3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I AM A CHINESE I BUILD A BOAT BY MYSELF.

This person, from wherever, apparently loves and wants to build a boat. He may not enjoy being able to get all the fancy things we do. He may not have developed the skills that so many of you enjoy having. He's made 4 posts today and I would be surprised if there is ever a 5th ( I truly hope he comes back) after reading the fabulous responses he has received. I believe the spirit of RCU is to share, teach and encourage people who participate. I, for one, am embarassed (sp) Ok, I'm done ... back to mowing !
[sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 05-29-2008, 04:52 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jdoug

I noticed the head was "machined" for a water jacket, but doesn't have the jacket.

Hey laoniu - You need a water jacket on the engine or it will over heat real quick.

I find it rather "innovative" that he built the flotation into the hull,and the bow as well...
Old 05-29-2008, 04:55 PM
ozium

Hey that's not Chinese junk!

Get it? Chinese Junk?

Google it. It's a joke.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:02 PM
mauian

wow joined today and built a boat.....impressive. The nose looks like all cooler foam....ummm. GJ I think....gotta find me some.....lost for words........we'll done. [&:]
Old 05-29-2008, 05:11 PM
mopartybob

NOT meaning to hijack this thread, but here's a link to the homemade gasser link... my personal favorite.... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_52...tm.htm#5254824 In keeping objective with this thread,I too would like to applause this guys efforts,inasmuch as these kids efforts to satisfy their "passion" for this GREAT hobby....
Old 05-29-2008, 06:58 PM
doby
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: htawfik3

This person, from wherever, apparently loves and wants to build a boat. He may not enjoy being able to get all the fancy things we do. He may not have developed the skills that so many of you enjoy having. He's made 4 posts today and I would be surprised if there is ever a 5th ( I truly hope he comes back) after reading the fabulous responses he has received. I believe the spirit of RCU is to share, teach and encourage people who participate. I, for one, am embarassed (sp) Ok, I'm done ... back to mowing !
[sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Well quoted. There are some disrespectful people here. The sad part is that they don't even know it, and if they did, they would never admit it.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:14 PM
asmithnc

I would rather lack in skill then lack the ability to get off my ***** and do something constructive... Rock on.....
Old 05-29-2008, 08:15 PM
thevirginian

Oh gosh, another priest
Old 05-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Dreamin Hemi

um.....ok.....are thoes engine mounts actually doubled up metal strap material????
Old 05-29-2008, 09:52 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

Mopartybob, I was just getting ready to post that link after reading the first page.
I also thought it's worth while to post this picture... the first homemade gasser, it worked as shown and the build with kingfish was a blast

After that was scrapped and thrown away(pullstart melted!) for many reasons, came the 2nd one which never did happen because it had no clutch and it wasn't something sturdy to just toss in. The thread started very similar to this one, kid(s) with blurry pictures of a somewhat unusual creative boat. People were helpful(posting) with any troubles we had. Well due to the danger of the bent edger blade prop and an overall sense of generosity, someone[X(] was extremely generous to us along with all of the kind and helpful posts from everyone. That just demonstrates how magical this place can be and the people you can meet.

When I started reading this thread, I thought what htawfik3 thought. None of the posts seemed positive. I was thinking, spending the time to translate post after post and see jokes and such made me think that must be frustrating(not welcoming quite frankly). I agree hopefully he'll be back. Also about the "speak English" stuff, the only words I saw were understandable. The title, using a translator(only resort) basically says "I live in China and am making a homemade boat". All the other stuff is clearly just trouble with uploading the pictures. I think he was just looking for feedback and advice and some of the comments could have made his build seem less worth while. Hopefully no one here was offended by that, I'm just speaking my mind.
edit: removed empty space in picture
Old 05-29-2008, 10:07 PM
stuch

that is the funniest thing i seen in a long time. now that is top shelf china junk.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:07 PM
mopartybob

Good points kiddo,I hope he does come back.....
Old 05-29-2008, 10:28 PM
mopartybob

ORIGINAL: stuch

that is the funniest thing i seen in a long time. now that is top shelf china junk.
Keeping in mind that we are having a little lighthearted fun at this guys expense,there really is no need for any more ethnic vasculations (brain farts)...........
Old 05-29-2008, 10:43 PM
deuce32

looks like he stole my grandmas paneling from her wall to make the boat .........stick to egg rolls buddy
Old 05-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

OK fellas, give the new guy a break. Those of us that have been here for a while know who we can have fun with and those we can't. Not all of us have Dollars, Euro's or Yen coming out the wazoo and I admire someone who is making an effort to try to build a boat himself from scratch. This person is getting a lot of experience with this build and hopefully what he has learned on this one will help him on his next project.

I'm not expecting him to reply right away as his time zone is a little different than most of ours.
Please respect him as you would want others to respect you and if not there are site rules that I can use but would rather not.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:51 PM
deuce32

sorry mr chong . i admire your skills and hope you have smooth sailing with your new vessel you built
Old 05-30-2008, 06:01 AM
laoniu

sorry i come form china i can not speak engish very well. this is my first speak at engisn rc model PAGE.very happy.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:03 AM
laoniu

welcome to china biggest RC MODEL PAGE http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=58
Old 05-30-2008, 07:39 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Well, I clicked on the site. Can't read anything, but if you click on the threads, there are some neat as hell pics here and there.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:16 AM
doby

ORIGINAL: laoniu

sorry i come form china i can not speak engish very well. this is my first speak at engisn rc model PAGE.very happy.

Don't worry about your English. If you read some of the posts on this site, you will find that there are many people on here that have the same problem. (and English is apparently their first language)
Old 05-30-2008, 09:40 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: doby

Don't worry about your English. If you read some of the posts on this site, you will find that there are many people on here that have the same problem. (and English is apparently their first language)

Amen to that !!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:43 AM
500 lb. koolaid man

Feel free to ask questions about your boat build. We'd love to help if you're stuck on anything.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:08 AM
pyro1

Don't worry about that ,we don't speak Chinese very well eather but we will help if we can.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:15 PM
doby

ORIGINAL: pyro1

Don't worry about that ,we don't speak Chinese very well eather but we will help if we can.
I would imagine that his English is much better than our Chinese!
Old 05-30-2008, 04:12 PM
warrgy69
My Feedback: (63)

Do you have a carburator for the engine? Keep up the good work. If it floats and controls, technically it is an RC boat. My first RC boat was stolen parts from a radio shack car, styrofoam, and a motor with a custom popcicle stick prop screwed onto a piece of brass. It worked to. Good luck and don't let anyone discourage you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.